Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 66

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Game Over!  (Read 230040 times)

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Day 1
« Reply #255 on: November 10, 2010, 11:07:02 pm »

Announcing: The LurkerTracker®

As I said yesterday, one thing that makes me uneasy on these large games is that there's too many people to keep track of, and lurkers get a free pass thanks to the traffic. To remedy that, I used the leisure time usually devoted to mafia to dust off my decade-old perl and come up with a summary tool. Here are the results of my efforts so far, which account for all posts in the game up to my previous.

Please let me know what you think; I can post a new summary every so often if people find them useful.

Criptfeind has posted 26 times; the last on: 2010/11/10 20:32, 1 hours ago. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25][26]
Eduren has posted 1 times; the last on: 2010/11/09 20:43, 25 hours ago. Posts: [1]
JanusTwoface has posted 20 times; the last on: 2010/11/10 20:31, 1 hours ago. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20]
Jim Groovester has posted 23 times; the last on: 2010/11/10 19:54, 2 hours ago. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23]
KaminaSquirtle has posted 27 times; the last on: 2010/11/10 22:16, 0 hours ago. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25][26][27]
Leafsnail has posted 3 times; the last on: 2010/11/10 15:48, 6 hours ago. Posts: [1][2][3]
Mephansteras has posted 5 times; the last on: 2010/11/10 12:56, 9 hours ago. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5]
Mr.Person has posted 4 times; the last on: 2010/11/10 18:12, 3 hours ago. Posts: [1][2][3][4]
Mysteriousbluepuppet has posted 4 times; the last on: 2010/11/09 23:31, 22 hours ago. Posts: [1][2][3][4]
Org has posted 15 times; the last on: 2010/11/10 20:27, 1 hours ago. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15]
Ottofar has posted 1 times; the last on: 2010/11/09 17:34, 28 hours ago. Posts: [1]
Pandarsenic has posted 9 times; the last on: 2010/11/10 19:05, 2 hours ago. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9]
SHAD0Wdump has posted 33 times; the last on: 2010/11/10 12:07, 9 hours ago. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25][26][27][28][29][30][31][32][33]
Solifuge has posted 4 times; the last on: 2010/11/10 12:59, 9 hours ago. Posts: [1][2][3][4]
Toaster has posted 8 times; the last on: 2010/11/10 21:51, 0 hours ago. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8]
Zathras has posted 9 times; the last on: 2010/11/10 22:40, 0 hours ago. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9]
webadict has posted 11 times; the last on: 2010/11/10 19:58, 2 hours ago. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11]

From this list, I feel I must prod ToonyMan, Ottofar & Eduren. Dudes! Come out here and play, or you'll be hanged for lurking. No excuses! Please answer: what are your opinions of the game so far, why have you been lurking, and who are your top scumpicks.

Leafsnail, Mr. Person, MBP and Solifuge are not far behind, and should be observed carefully. Given the number of players, and the potential number of scum, I wager at least four of these seven are scum.

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 10, 2010, 11:09:00 pm »

Sorry I just don't feel like playing man.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 10, 2010, 11:11:21 pm »

Is Duke abusing you again, Toony?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 10, 2010, 11:16:08 pm »

22 Hours is not enough to warrant a prod, but I'll keep an eye on him.

Solifuge has requested a replacement, as he is unable to continue playing.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 10, 2010, 11:16:46 pm »

Normally I despise grandiose contributions that ultimately don't really mean anything but that's actually quite handy.

It should go without saying that this should not substitute content you would normally post if you didn't have that thingamajig. If it does I will attempt to lynch you. I've seen too many scum try to skate by with doing nothing by making voluminous but empty contributions (Leafsnail immediately comes to mind).
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 10, 2010, 11:19:00 pm »

You don't feel like playing? Do you feel like hanging, then, ToonyMan?

My vote stays on you until you feel like playing enough to at least answer my questions.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Replacement requested
« Reply #261 on: November 10, 2010, 11:21:18 pm »

I'm not answering any of your questions.

I am a doppelganger.  Myauahaha.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 10, 2010, 11:22:06 pm »

Why are you buddying me?

Calm down. Just because somebody says you're acting like town doesn't mean they're buddying you.

It's a difficult judgment to make to say when people are buddying. Usually it's noticeable and intentional, it feels forced, or it's uncalled for, or it's completely unnecessary.

Do you think JTF is trying to get on your good side here by saying your actions look like town? That's usually the question you need to ask.
Ok, I'm not sure I understand exactly what buddying is.  When I asked webadict why he voted toaster, that's buddying, but defending isn't?  I'm confused.

Could be, could be.  I have been aggressive towards him, though not necessarily for the right reasons.  I'll remember to keep that in mind.

Normally I despise grandiose contributions that ultimately don't really mean anything but that's actually quite handy.

It should go without saying that this should not substitute content you would normally post if you didn't have that thingamajig. If it does I will attempt to lynch you. I've seen too many scum try to skate by with doing nothing by making voluminous but empty contributions (Leafsnail immediately comes to mind).
Agree with this on the lurker tracking thing.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 10, 2010, 11:25:35 pm »

My vote stays on you until you feel like playing enough to at least answer my questions.

Toonyman is not in the game.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 10, 2010, 11:34:06 pm »

Ouch. Now I feel really dumb. My previous list took all from the page when the game started, which included a post by him, so it showed him at "one post"; I fixed the source file to start with the opening flavour, and posted the results from that, but I totally missed that ToonyMan was then gone from the list (as he is not playing, indeed).

Just like my avatar Baldrick, a lightning-fast return to form after only a flash of semi-human brilliance...

Oh well, Unvote, then. I worked on that thing today instead of reading the posts, so I'll go catch up. But Lurkers beware! You are out in the open now, and Eduren & Ottofar still have to answer my questions! Grrrr!

8-/

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 10, 2010, 11:36:19 pm »

Ok, I'm not sure I understand exactly what buddying is.  When I asked webadict why he voted toaster, that's buddying, but defending isn't?  I'm confused.

Could be, could be.  I have been aggressive towards him, though not necessarily for the right reasons.  I'll remember to keep that in mind.

What are you more interested in when you ask webadict why he's voting Toaster? Are you trying to make Toaster think highly of you so that he won't suspect you in the future (because you saved him from the nasty webadict), or do you want to know what's going on in webadict's mind?

Buddying is the former. It's done by scum so that townies will ignore them as they go on in the game. Sometimes it's really hard to detect, but usually it's pretty obvious. If you want to see an example of really horrible, mindnumbingly obvious buddying, go look at all if Jetsquirrel's posts in Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia.

Saying another person is town isn't automatically buddying. Usually you need to examine just what their motives are for doing it.

That's a pretty strong stance. Do you really think it's warranted in this instance?

Awww, man. So much fun could have been had.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #266 on: November 10, 2010, 11:50:52 pm »

Why are you buddying me?
I'm not. I want Org to get up to date and defend his claims (which he isn't doing).

Any chance I could get the source? Been meaning to do something semi-related, but never got around to it. This would be a great starting point. Also to keep you honest ( just in case... :) )

I'm not sure what to think about the output being posted though. Perhaps just post if people haven't been around in a while. Although it's been helpful already. I didn't even know Ottofar was in the game...
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 10, 2010, 11:54:42 pm »

What are you more interested in when you ask webadict why he's voting Toaster? Are you trying to make Toaster think highly of you so that he won't suspect you in the future (because you saved him from the nasty webadict), or do you want to know what's going on in webadict's mind?

Buddying is the former. It's done by scum so that townies will ignore them as they go on in the game. Sometimes it's really hard to detect, but usually it's pretty obvious. If you want to see an example of really horrible, mindnumbingly obvious buddying, go look at all if Jetsquirrel's posts in Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia.

Saying another person is town isn't automatically buddying. Usually you need to examine just what their motives are for doing it.
Ah, ok, that's what I thought.  I just wanted to make sure I wasn't misunderstanding anything because I didn't understand the terms used.  It's good to have it written down so I can be sure of what it means.

And Jet, eheh, yeah.  Even in the BM he sucked to an unbelievable level.  I even had to make up lolstupid just to properly describe what he was doing.
Why are you buddying me?
I'm not. I want Org to get up to date and defend his claims (which he isn't doing).
Yeah, I get that now, that's why I asked about the definition.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 11, 2010, 12:04:30 am »

Can we get a vote count?

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 11, 2010, 12:40:17 am »

Mostly caught up, I'm back on webadict for being cryptic and unhelpful. Web, who from the six lurkiest I mentioned earlier are most likely to be scumlurking, in your opinion?

Can we get a vote count?
I'd like one too.

Any chance I could get the source? Been meaning to do something semi-related, but never got around to it. This would be a great starting point. Also to keep you honest ( just in case... :) )
Sure thing -- let me clean it up a bit and add some commments. I wasn't lying when I said my perl is ten years rusty, and it shows... also, a bit of preprocessing is needed due to my feeble regexp-fu. But I'll pretty it up a bit and send you a PM tomorrow or thereabouts (copying Meph to keep us honest). You having it would also help keeping the summaries posted even if I'm killed.

Quote from: Janus
I'm not sure what to think about the output being posted though. Perhaps just post if people haven't been around in a while. Although it's been helpful already. I didn't even know Ottofar was in the game...
I'm glad you've found it helpful; I think that posting it would be necessary and the very point, as otherwise it is not effective at smoking out lurkers and letting people know who's where. Unless people object, I'll post a new one every 24 or 48 hours or thereabouts.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 66