Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621871 times)

Patacrepe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #1770 on: June 27, 2014, 11:06:15 am »

Hello ! A lord gave me a quest (kill a minotaur) but I don't know how enter in the labyrinth. Is that the entrance ?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

4 pillars and... nothing else ? Where is the minotaur ?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: June 27, 2014, 11:08:32 am »

There is a downstairs in the building.  I have never went into a labyrinth, but that looks like an entrance to some kind of building thats underground.

'>' and '<' are *down and up* stairs, respectively.  '+' is an up/down stair combination.  They may be any color, and match whatever material they are composed of.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 11:13:28 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Patacrepe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: June 27, 2014, 11:16:13 am »

Yes, but it's impossible to come down. I walk over but it's like that was just the floor.

Patacrepe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: June 27, 2014, 11:18:50 am »

Ah okay, I managed to come down, thank you  :D

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: June 29, 2014, 06:32:19 pm »

There is a downstairs in the building.  I have never went into a labyrinth, but that looks like an entrance to some kind of building thats underground.

'>' and '<' are *down and up* stairs, respectively.  '+' is an up/down stair combination.  They may be any color, and match whatever material they are composed of.

I could have sworn that '+' was built or smoothed floor and 'X' was up/down stairs.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: July 04, 2014, 06:11:36 am »

2 questions about food:
Will it rot?
Is food counted simply by units or does different food contains different amount of nutrition per unit?
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

blazing glory

« Reply #1776 on: July 04, 2014, 06:21:40 am »

2 questions about food:
Will it rot?
Is food counted simply by units or does different food contains different amount of nutrition per unit?

No and no.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: July 04, 2014, 06:22:27 am »

2 questions about food:
Will it rot?

I don't believe it will rot in your bag. It might if left on the ground, but it would probably take a long time.

I've spent months in-game with a single adventurer and haven't had food rot in my pack yet. Though some of my clothes had begun to wear down on one adventure.

Food is just counted in units. I don't think that nutrition is a thing yet, it's just a simple hunger counter that is reduced whenever you eat.

deepfreeze78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: July 04, 2014, 12:43:11 pm »

Does retiring an adventurer at a forest retreat not save them to be able to be found by another adventurer? I'm trying to have an adventurer who starts out blind, so I'm trying to blind him with another adventurer, but I can't find him anywhere. I found where he dropped his stuff, but he's no where to be found. I even tried unretiring him, and looked around for the one that I brought to try to blind him, and he wasn't there either. Any help? I know that Elves have black holes for hearts, but do they have black holes for homes too?
Nothing's truly dwarfy until it's been weaponized to kill elves with magma.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: July 04, 2014, 12:48:19 pm »

They aren't always where you leave them, though they should be somewhere within the area's borders.

Given that non-human towns aren't in, they could be anywhere in the retreat's borders. Even in human towns it can be difficult to find an adventurer, especially if it is a large city.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: July 04, 2014, 02:56:49 pm »

There is nothing where you're searching. Non-human towns, their populace (and, as such, retired adventutrers) and everything else about them doesn't exist in DF2010 & DF2012. But they will return. Soon.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: July 05, 2014, 03:31:16 pm »

Does bismuth bronze work as both bismuth and bronze for fighting werebeasts?
On the plus side, they managed to kill off 20+ children

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: July 05, 2014, 04:41:50 pm »

Does bismuth bronze work as both bismuth and bronze for fighting werebeasts?
No, it is its own metal.

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: July 05, 2014, 06:06:38 pm »

What are the pros and cons of spears, pikes, and knives?
On the plus side, they managed to kill off 20+ children

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: July 05, 2014, 07:10:26 pm »

What are the pros and cons of spears, pikes, and knives?

Pro
Their stabs have a low contact area, which gives them a good piercing ability.

Con
You may not want to use their blunt attack, since it isn't as effective as the attacks of hammers or maces.
Due to their low contact area, their attacks are unlikely to sever limbs. This can be a problem when facing creatures that don't bleed, breathe, or think.
Pikes have a size requirement to use them with one hand. You can use them with one hand if you don't fit the requirements, but you will get penalties. I'm uncertain of how severe they are though, so it may not be problematic.

I haven't really used knives or daggers much, but they have effective stabs due to their small contact area.
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 327