Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621966 times)

XArgon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ATTACK_VERB:wink]
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #2190 on: August 25, 2014, 10:40:11 am »

A question to those who tried out version 40.10 - reading about how emotions and willpower calculations changed, has the adventure mode moved away from the state when the world was populated by chaotic, aggressive cowardly emos, and everything was terrifying? :)
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake

Shizmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: August 25, 2014, 05:00:44 pm »

I hope so going to find out.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: August 25, 2014, 05:31:52 pm »

Hmm now whenever I generate a world all clothes are "large" for my dwarf in the fortress and hillocks. I can only find fitting clothes from dwarfs I kill. Any reason for this never had it happen before? It says my dwarf is average sized and doesn't say he is short in description.
Kill more goblins.  They have your armor size, and actually wear some armor.  They sport caps, helm, breastplates, etc.  If you dont mind sporting their civ's logo like a traitor, go right ahead.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: August 25, 2014, 07:27:44 pm »

Hmm now whenever I generate a world all clothes are "large" for my dwarf in the fortress and hillocks. I can only find fitting clothes from dwarfs I kill. Any reason for this never had it happen before? It says my dwarf is average sized and doesn't say he is short in description.
Kill more goblins.  They have your armor size, and actually wear some armor.  They sport caps, helm, breastplates, etc.  If you dont mind sporting their civ's logo like a traitor, go right ahead.

I prefer to think of it as "taking trophies".
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: August 25, 2014, 07:31:10 pm »

I prefer to think of it as "taking trophies".

Also check minotaur labrynths, they can have small steel armor pieces. Bandit camps MIGHT have small items (aside from the goblins or dwarves in one), but I don't thnk it's a reliable source.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: August 25, 2014, 08:13:03 pm »

A question to those who tried out version 40.10 - reading about how emotions and willpower calculations changed, has the adventure mode moved away from the state when the world was populated by chaotic, aggressive cowardly emos, and everything was terrifying? :)
yes they still get scared but its mostly in a good way it needs a little more tweaking but they actually usually fight you now most importantly if you get ambushed by a single person they will try and follow through with the ambush instead of running away immediately if you kill a large part of a force they will still get scared but that's understandable
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Shizmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: August 25, 2014, 09:58:08 pm »

I put recuperation on lowest amount and I got an artery torn, will this ever heal? I been sleeping/traveling and still there.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: August 25, 2014, 10:04:02 pm »

If you fast travel and it's still there afterwards, it won't heal.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Shizmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: August 25, 2014, 10:18:22 pm »

If you fast travel and it's still there afterwards, it won't heal.

-_-

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: August 25, 2014, 10:40:31 pm »

What?

Did I make a release-related mistake?

I'm still not fully caught up.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

draeath

• Bay Watcher
  • So it has come to this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: August 26, 2014, 07:46:18 am »

I read that as more of an "oh, just great!"

Seems like he's doomed to perpetual bleeding.
Urist McAlchemist cancels extract isotope: interrupted by supercriticality accident.
This kea is so raw it stole my wheelbarrow!

Urist McPanzerbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: August 26, 2014, 09:22:28 am »

Are Hillocks supposed to count as buildings or not? Every adventurer I have made in this version has died to bogeymen, while sleeping in a hillock after getting permission, it's getting quite irritating as my world doesn't have many other structures to shelter in during the long nights :(
Hey, you sass that hoopy Urist McDwarf? There's a frood who really knows where his booze is.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: August 26, 2014, 10:04:55 am »

Are Hillocks supposed to count as buildings or not? Every adventurer I have made in this version has died to bogeymen, while sleeping in a hillock after getting permission, it's getting quite irritating as my world doesn't have many other structures to shelter in during the long nights :(
Protip: bogies can't spawn in oceans and mountains, so sleep a single tile into mountains or on beaches to avoid them. If that's not possible, hillocks do not count as buildings, but if you sleep in one with loads of dorfs in it they'll probably be glad to meatshield for you or mob it.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

draeath

• Bay Watcher
  • So it has come to this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: August 26, 2014, 12:08:58 pm »

... not if they're all asleep? After yelling out accusing the room of being night creatures and stabbing one in the guts 4 times with my spear, I was shocked to find them all sleeping soundly - even the bleeding (and vomiting) stabee.

Maybe the bogies would take a few seconds to murder them, buying you some time - but where exactly will you run to?
Urist McAlchemist cancels extract isotope: interrupted by supercriticality accident.
This kea is so raw it stole my wheelbarrow!

Urist McPanzerbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: August 26, 2014, 01:09:25 pm »

Protip: bogies can't spawn in oceans and mountains, so sleep a single tile into mountains or on beaches to avoid them. If that's not possible, hillocks do not count as buildings, but if you sleep in one with loads of dorfs in it they'll probably be glad to meatshield for you or mob it.
Ahh, thanks.. that's annoying, maybe that behaviour will be changed eventually, as I feel like they really should count as buildings, since NPCs sleep in them and presumably do not get murdered every night.
It is sad, but not unexpected.

... not if they're all asleep? After yelling out accusing the room of being night creatures and stabbing one in the guts 4 times with my spear, I was shocked to find them all sleeping soundly - even the bleeding (and vomiting) stabee.

Maybe the bogies would take a few seconds to murder them, buying you some time - but where exactly will you run to?
That's exactly what has happened with me; a few of them stopped to kill the sleeping dwarves, but it's not like there was anywhere safe within sprinting distance, so it really didn't help much beyond buying me a few more rounds.
Hey, you sass that hoopy Urist McDwarf? There's a frood who really knows where his booze is.
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 327