Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621992 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #3600 on: March 29, 2016, 08:27:16 pm »

What would be the best wild life to hunt?
Also, what animal would be balanced to transform others?

Best wildlife? Anytime you cross a river, pop into stealth mode and keep an eye out for boar, emu, or any other common beast that frequently spawns within sight of the shore.

As for transformation...what's the objective? If you want to make them harmless, make them a cat. If you want them to be better at mauling things, pick any giant of giantified feline, canine, or ursine. If you want you and everyone around you to get eaten, pick a hydra or dragon.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: March 29, 2016, 11:54:46 pm »

Depends on you being above or below ground, and if above ground, the biome. Now all of that filtered through the lens of your goals.

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional "Knife-ear" torturer 1-800-elfgod
    • View Profile
    • This is also for my Custom Race: Solari!
« Reply #3602 on: March 30, 2016, 08:55:38 am »

Also, what animal would be balanced to transform others?

Best wildlife? Anytime you cross a river, pop into stealth mode and keep an eye out for boar, emu, or any other common beast that frequently spawns within sight of the shore.i

As for transformation...what's the objective? If you want to make them harmless, make them a cat. If you want them to be better at mauling things, pick any giant of giantified feline, canine, or ursine. If you want you and everyone around you to get eaten, pick a hydra or dragon.
It's just that every time I'm hunting I find birds, and sometimes tgey re not butchetable, which is a pain, so I want to transform gem into something worthwhile, also it's both on the ground and above, I hate going under.
A + infinite plus in spelling no?
But I do make camp in the end of the river. It's the best place I'd found before
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 08:58:42 am by Jerry The Hellbound »
Jerry.
This is also for my Custom Race: Solari! (Currently outdated)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155455.0
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)
http://i.imgur.com/8x7aX7T.png

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: March 30, 2016, 12:18:32 pm »

Birds will always be a ubiquitous hassle. If nothing else, eagles and turkeys are generally big enough to butcher.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #3604 on: March 30, 2016, 02:59:42 pm »

Wildlife...not sure, any river animal is usually good though, considering how often you'll be coming across rivers.

Myself I prefer stocking up on meat in towns since those usually tend to have plenty of cats and other domestic animals.

SammyLiimex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: March 30, 2016, 11:28:10 pm »

I found a tomb with a hornblend coffin inside.  Ive seen tons of people talk about using coffins as weapons.  How do I pick it up and use it?  I hit g and u and nothing happens.

Pagz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3606 on: March 30, 2016, 11:36:33 pm »

With bone carving being released soon, would an Elephant man with Bone Armour be better protected then a dwarf in adamantium due to the way the game calculates item thickness?

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3607 on: March 31, 2016, 12:02:10 am »

With bone carving being released soon, would an Elephant man with Bone Armour be better protected then a dwarf in adamantium due to the way the game calculates item thickness?
Uh, bone carving is already in adventure mode it came in the last patch.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Pagz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: March 31, 2016, 12:15:26 am »

Oh, well then! Since I'm at work, does anyone know if you can craft armor? I can't seem to find info on it. Also would an Elephant man with Bone Armour be better protected then a dwarf in adamantium due to the way the game calculates item thickness?

kontako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3609 on: March 31, 2016, 12:23:09 am »

Oh, well then! Since I'm at work, does anyone know if you can craft armor? I can't seem to find info on it. Also would an Elephant man with Bone Armour be better protected then a dwarf in adamantium due to the way the game calculates item thickness?

I don't think you can make armour. You can make all sorts of knick-knacks and paddy-whacks, but you can't give a dog a bone.
"Confederacy of Businesses"?! By Armok's Blood! These Communist animals are CAPITALISTS!
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"
*gobbles menacingly*

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: March 31, 2016, 12:29:12 am »

Vanilla doesn't have armor crafting as a reaction. You can use Random_Dragon's Adventure Craft mod or make your own. Either way, you'll need to regen a new world for those reactions.

Pagz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: March 31, 2016, 02:42:55 am »

Ahh I see, I saw this tweet from toady and got excited. Can any more mathematically minded forumites theroy-craft an answer to this?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3612 on: March 31, 2016, 06:19:43 am »

Ahh I see, I saw this tweet from toady and got excited. Can any more mathematically minded forumites theroy-craft an answer to this?

Most likely it was made in fortress mode, since you can choose what size you want it to be.

If Toady did add adventure-mode armor crafting (instead of the knickknacks currently craftable), he'd have to unfuck the reactions bug ( http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=9106 ) first. I'm assuming that's reason #1 why he only added reactions for stuff that logically would only take a single unit of bone.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

SammyLiimex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: March 31, 2016, 05:31:55 pm »

Is there no way to steal the coffin?

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: April 01, 2016, 02:16:10 pm »

As far as I know you can't steal any placed furniture other than statues. you steal statues by pressing 'u' and toppling them over, then picking them up.
I suppose you could use gui/advfort to deconstruct the coffin as well.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 327