Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 620819 times)

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #3630 on: April 07, 2016, 07:50:41 am »

How do I decide what sort of song I'm going to compose? it's anoying as shit having to spam "compose" over and over until my screen is filled with unusable ones until I get one for my instrument.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3631 on: April 07, 2016, 08:22:00 am »

How do I decide what sort of song I'm going to compose? it's anoying as shit having to spam "compose" over and over until my screen is filled with unusable ones until I get one for my instrument.

check the description of the musical style before composing in a specific form. They are all quite well defined, you can see them in the "performance" menu. it will be below the specific songs description. Choose the form that uses your instrument.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: April 07, 2016, 11:00:38 am »

check the description of the musical style before composing in a specific form. They are all quite well defined, you can see them in the "performance" menu. it will be below the specific songs description. Choose the form that uses your instrument.

There's only one form and it doesnt seem to specify
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3633 on: April 07, 2016, 11:21:39 am »

There's only one form and it doesnt seem to specify

It should specify exactly what beats the form has and what instruments are required. And how it's formatted.might look like a big wall of text to you? Choose begin performance and scroll through the songs it should say under a short run down of the way the song is written and its topic "this song is an example of the "form name" then a huge description of what the form is should be under it.

Your Civ may only have one form, but that usually isn't the case you may have the option to perform a type of form that is just used to come up with songs on the fly in your performance list I forget how those would be described but those forms can't have specific songs written with them since by nature they are created "on the fly" as you play. You can also go to another Civ and learn their forms.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 11:26:16 am by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #3634 on: April 07, 2016, 11:49:12 am »

use dfusion on a child, easy as that.

Scratch that. What's the easiest way to become a child adventurer that doesn't involve heretical DFHack-ness? Other than modding the child age of adventurers, I got nothing. :V
There really isnt. Until Toady adds a way to set your adventurers age DFhack or modding are the only ways to go.

Now I'm wondering what a baby adventurer would be like...

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3635 on: April 07, 2016, 10:06:16 pm »

Now I'm wondering what a baby adventurer would be like...
NPC: Greetings, Urist McBaby!
Urist McBaby: Maaa.
NPC: Skullcrusher the ogre is in Doompits, a day's travel to the northeast. He has killed hundreds in his lust for murder.
Urist McBaby: Baaa.
NPC: Goodbye.
*Urish McBaby goes off to slay the ogre.*
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: April 07, 2016, 10:31:08 pm »

Amusingly, the string dump DOES cite NPC lines for conversing with babies. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #3637 on: April 08, 2016, 04:31:54 am »

Shame they're unused, but at the same time the mental image of an adventurer talking to a baby as though they're an adult, asking them about the nearby area and then accusing it of being a creature of the night is pretty amusing.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3638 on: April 08, 2016, 05:20:37 am »

it's possible to take control of a baby/child by modding in revival spell and getting your adventurer to die in front of a creature with that interaction/spell the process will jump you out of the revived body into a new host.
you need to role the dice for a bit to get a baby or a child. probably murder everything in the area both above ground and below to clean the odds a bit then prep a baby and random companion with the revival spell to cast it on greeting or what ever usage hint that makes it faster to cast. there a small chance you jump into the body of the companion casting revival, or a random HFS or Cavern creature you missed. so it's possible with out dfhack just alot more work for basically babies only saying baby commands and unable to talk to others properly, they even can't get past greetings due to the words that come out of their mouths would be gaba baaa.

had to test this(with dfhack) to be sure with an adventurer mother who doesn't know their child's name because the child can't greet them back.
so no quests as a baby, or taking over lands as a baby, or recruiting or staying the night as a baby because you can't answer back or ask with baby noises.

restating this is all dfhack.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3639 on: April 08, 2016, 08:02:47 am »

it's possible to take control of a baby/child by modding in revival spell and getting your adventurer to die in front of a creature with that interaction/spell the process will jump you out of the revived body into a new host.
you need to role the dice for a bit to get a baby or a child. probably murder everything in the area both above ground and below to clean the odds a bit then prep a baby and random companion with the revival spell to cast it on greeting or what ever usage hint that makes it faster to cast. there a small chance you jump into the body of the companion casting revival, or a random HFS or Cavern creature you missed. so it's possible with out dfhack just alot more work for basically babies only saying baby commands and unable to talk to others properly, they even can't get past greetings due to the words that come out of their mouths would be gaba baaa.

had to test this(with dfhack) to be sure with an adventurer mother who doesn't know their child's name because the child can't greet them back.
so no quests as a baby, or taking over lands as a baby, or recruiting or staying the night as a baby because you can't answer back or ask with baby noises.

restating this is all dfhack.

You should retire the baby play other adventures/ s few forts for 12 years (ingame) years then unretire your newly adultified adventurer .

(Or 1 year and play as s xhild)
I am an indie game dev!

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional "Knife-ear" torturer 1-800-elfgod
    • View Profile
    • This is also for my Custom Race: Solari!
« Reply #3640 on: April 09, 2016, 01:39:48 pm »

What's the point of inquire about troubles?
I got the location of beasts, and stuff.
Now my question is that I slayed a beast called Osod Lurgedor, and killed him by a sneak decapitation. Since my game crashed before when I died by it, I knew where it was. Problem was that it spew out webs around and got tangled on em.but now that it's dead I want to get something out of it. Is there like a bounty system? I already know a goblin mayor who runs a dwarven area, do I like, present his heavy AF 667T hhead? Or what, also is there a way to find a market or such a thing than just walking around aimlessly?
Thanks.
Jerry.
This is also for my Custom Race: Solari! (Currently outdated)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155455.0
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)
http://i.imgur.com/8x7aX7T.png

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #3641 on: April 09, 2016, 01:43:47 pm »

Marketplaces are only in human towns.

As for bounties, no, not yet - right now you just get reputation with a group for slaying beasts and talking about it - AFAIK you don't ACTUALLY need to bring parts of the body to prove it's dead, all that matters is "I said so".

At most you can butcher the things body, if possible, and drag some of the bits of it to a town and sell them for either trinkets or something that's actually useful - otherwise though you don't get quest rewards and such yet.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3642 on: April 09, 2016, 01:47:11 pm »

What's the point of inquire about troubles?
I got the location of beasts, and stuff.
Now my question is that I slayed a beast called Osod Lurgedor, and killed him by a sneak decapitation. Since my game crashed before when I died by it, I knew where it was. Problem was that it spew out webs around and got tangled on em.but now that it's dead I want to get something out of it. Is there like a bounty system? I already know a goblin mayor who runs a dwarven area, do I like, present his heavy AF 667T hhead? Or what, also is there a way to find a market or such a thing than just walking around aimlessly?
Thanks.

Depends on if you're a proper super-strong skilled slayer of stuff or just starting out. Asking around is good for finding any potential threats you might blunder into. And then of course you go kill them, and tell people about the event and it'll increase your fame. Mostly this just makes NPCs like you more, but it also affects your ability to persuade them to do stuff.

Sadly you don't need to present proof. Just tell them about having killed the creature via the "spread rumor" option. No way to lie about killing things yet anyway.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional "Knife-ear" torturer 1-800-elfgod
    • View Profile
    • This is also for my Custom Race: Solari!
« Reply #3643 on: April 09, 2016, 01:50:24 pm »

Oh. What of this "hearth person" thing I keep hearing about?
One time I did get an agreement with the lady of the place in another world but I didn't know much. Also do you at least get coins when you complete the quest they give you at the "heart stone" see what I did there :P (its a game)
Jerry.
This is also for my Custom Race: Solari! (Currently outdated)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155455.0
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)
http://i.imgur.com/8x7aX7T.png

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #3644 on: April 09, 2016, 01:55:51 pm »

Hearthpersons are like the fortress guards of a captain of the guard - they're just the human equivalent.

If you talk to a lady/lord in a human hamlet or town you can become a hearthperson and get quests the normal way instead of "inquiring about troubles", same if you are a fortress guard and talk to a captain (though finding them in fortresses is a tad more difficult).

Though, you need to have some accomplishments to join them - i.e kill a beast, talk about it, then once that's done they'll let you join - if they say "I'm sorry, there's no room for you here" it means their "squad" is full and you'll have to look elsewhere - internally lords/ladies use the same squad system as militia captains/commanders and captains of the guard.
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 327