Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621815 times)

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #3690 on: April 26, 2016, 01:47:48 pm »

With the detailed description it shows up on your world map in the Q menu.

If all the beasts are on different landmasses, I suggest a new world.

If it is actually unreachable, and across an ocean, I don't think you should go through the trouble to cross it, we don't have boats yet (they are planned) and crossing an ocean takes a long time, and you wont be able to fast travel over the ocean either.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #3691 on: April 26, 2016, 02:11:06 pm »

If it is actually unreachable, and across an ocean, I don't think you should go through the trouble to cross it, we don't have boats yet (they are planned) and crossing an ocean takes a long time, and you wont be able to fast travel over the ocean either.
Reminds me of that one time I became a vampire and decided to swim from an island my civ was on to the mainland continent...yeah, it was pretty dumb, although it wasn't such a massive expanse of sea.

Luponius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3692 on: April 26, 2016, 02:20:46 pm »

Looking forward towards the boats addition, but I just carved my way south away from the freezing lands and found a lot more goodies available about.  Also discovered that if you keep asking npcs about their troubles with bandits, they keep giving you new ones each time, until they give you all of them and disappear from the list.

I ended up filling the entire map with info and interesting locations, although would be a lot nicer if we had an option to ask for all this information upfront and enjoy a detailed read all at once instead of going through a ton of menus.  Almost ended up making a macro to go through all of 'em, but positions are always a little different.  Hopefully it will be considered as an ease of use addition sometime in this current decade :P

CptAWatts22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3693 on: April 26, 2016, 02:26:52 pm »

Do I have to resupply my companions with arrows when they run out or do they do that by themselves ?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #3694 on: April 26, 2016, 02:42:34 pm »

You have to do it yourself, NPCs wont pick up stuff.

Luponius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3695 on: April 26, 2016, 03:12:09 pm »

So I become a hearthsperson, I figured that would be an interesting new job for a peasant, and I'm given this new task of "Kill Ustru the night creature from the lair in Shadowplains"

Now Shadowplains does not show up neither as a site nor region.  I have no idea where the heck that should be, and the lord who gave the mission doesn't seem keen on giving directions, but only inquiring about progress, and I have no means to ask about this... so how can I tell where I'm supposed to go?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3696 on: April 26, 2016, 03:17:24 pm »

So I become a hearthsperson, I figured that would be an interesting new job for a peasant, and I'm given this new task of "Kill Ustru the night creature from the lair in Shadowplains"

Now Shadowplains does not show up neither as a site nor region.  I have no idea where the heck that should be, and the lord who gave the mission doesn't seem keen on giving directions, but only inquiring about progress, and I have no means to ask about this... so how can I tell where I'm supposed to go?
Ask your lord about problems -> beasts until he mentions Ustru, then ask where Shadowplains is.

Luponius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3697 on: April 26, 2016, 03:51:02 pm »

Ah gotcha, thanks.  I assume a night creature would be considered a beast?  It's what I'll look for anyways

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #3698 on: April 26, 2016, 04:04:26 pm »

Yeah, night trolls and vampires are considered beasts in the "ask about troubles" menu.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3699 on: April 26, 2016, 10:44:20 pm »

Ah gotcha, thanks.  I assume a night creature would be considered a beast?  It's what I'll look for anyways

Or just ask for directions -> look for the lair in the list
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3700 on: April 26, 2016, 11:36:02 pm »

Yeah, night trolls and vampires are considered beasts in the "ask about troubles" menu.
Aren't they 'bone-chilling horror'?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3701 on: April 26, 2016, 11:50:39 pm »

Aren't they 'bone-chilling horror'?

That's necromancers.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #3702 on: April 27, 2016, 06:09:57 am »

Reminds me of that one time I became a vampire and decided to swim from an island my civ was on to the mainland continent...yeah, it was pretty dumb, although it wasn't such a massive expanse of sea.
I did that over one worldmap (as in, the one you see during worldgen) tile of ocean, as an Elf peasant. Git gud :P
thincake

Luponius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3703 on: April 27, 2016, 06:54:52 am »

Or just ask for directions -> look for the lair in the list

Yeah I basically kept asking about beasts until he popped up, asked for directions then and it became a place I could search for.  Once nearby I went into local map and used the compass to navigate to the lair.

It did get me killed though.  :'(

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3704 on: April 27, 2016, 11:46:49 am »

Also should test how well throwing ballista bolts goes. o3o

How far (in tiles) do trap components/siege ammo fly when thrown by your adventurer?
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 327