Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621897 times)

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #3795 on: May 17, 2016, 04:03:59 am »

Q: Is there any possible way to be cured of a Werebeast infection/curse? Or is that still down the road?

Some time ago, I distinctly recall reading something on the forums (probably a Future of the Fortress or similar) about plans to add ways to cure lycanthropy and similar curses.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3796 on: May 17, 2016, 05:26:50 am »

Without using DFHack, I don't believe so. Not even positive on the using DFHack part, but I think I remember one of the scripts being able to clear syndromes.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3797 on: May 17, 2016, 05:52:43 am »

Not being able to sleep in mountains has now been fixed for the next version. Just wait and see if it works in 42.03 I guess.

The hype is real. I'm also eager to have the fix for my constant failures to build due to it not calculating my wood correctly.
Wasn't that fixed in 43.02? It was calculating wood that you'd already used, right? Doesn't do that any more as far as I can tell.

Fucking nope. I've still had that issue CONSTANTLY. It says it's set to be fixed in next version.
Ah, yeah. You're right. Loads more bugs squashed in the next version. Very nice.

meltorefas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3798 on: May 18, 2016, 04:32:32 pm »

Sorry if this is mentioned somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it. Basically, I am wondering if there is a way to either filter/disable combat log text in Adventure mode that isn't either coming from or directed at my character, or to make it so that I can move/act without having to page through all the current pages of combat text.

Because I am playing a necromancer and I have about 180 undead, and every round of combat I have to hit the 'enter' key like 12 times before I can do anything again. >.>

Kraetzin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: May 18, 2016, 06:01:31 pm »

Is it possible to gain experience from killing undead? I don't seem to be getting any notable experience from fighting them.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3800 on: May 18, 2016, 11:58:42 pm »

There is a thing in d_init I think about the [MORE] display in adventurer mode, and announcements.txt has various entries that can help too.

Undead are weak targets, there are mods for how difficult the strike is (impossible > difficult > tricky > normal > easy > very easy) with a trade of exp for consistency, and there are targets with mods like megabeasts that give more per attack than a regular gobbo.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3801 on: May 20, 2016, 12:37:36 pm »

Is there an easy way to select songs playable by my instrument?
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

meltorefas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3802 on: May 25, 2016, 04:11:14 pm »

There is a thing in d_init I think about the [MORE] display in adventurer mode...

Meant to reply earlier, but I've been sick -.-  I found the option, THANK you! So much more playable now! :D

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #3803 on: May 25, 2016, 04:15:32 pm »

Has anyone else been encountering completely naked bards and other performers? It's kind of bizarre when I check the inventory of those types of folks in mead halls or keeps and they're completely naked and have no other possessions (sometimes the only exception being a book they wrote).

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3804 on: May 25, 2016, 04:27:48 pm »

Has anyone else been encountering completely naked bards and other performers? It's kind of bizarre when I check the inventory of those types of folks in mead halls or keeps and they're completely naked and have no other possessions (sometimes the only exception being a book they wrote).
I've been seeing this since bards were added.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3805 on: May 25, 2016, 05:29:24 pm »

Same, I've seen way too many nude poets, dancers, etc. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #3806 on: May 25, 2016, 05:31:09 pm »

I haven't until recently, which is weird.

Same, I've seen way too many nude poets, dancers, etc. :V
Maybe they're strippers.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3807 on: May 25, 2016, 06:06:00 pm »

Maybe they're strippers.

Needs more snake woman dancers. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3808 on: May 25, 2016, 08:54:17 pm »

Also the naked peasants. You'd think it'd only be elves who were this free.

thriggle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3809 on: May 26, 2016, 11:40:44 pm »

With my last two adventurers (both animal people) I've had difficulty felling trees. I craft an axe, wield it, pull up the [g] menu and choose which tree to fell... and then I get the "You need to be holding an axe." message. I tried switching the axe between hands, strapping it and unstrapping it, all to no avail.

At first I thought it was a bug caused by my first adventurer having lots of hands (maybe the game was checking one or two and finding them empty) but this last adventurer is an elephant man.

Are other people successfully felling trees in adventure mode with 0.43.03?
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 327