This can never be used again or removed

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
- 0 (0%)
WWWHHHHYYYYYYYYYY
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: November 30, 2011, 09:01:14 pm

Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 252

Author Topic: Space Voyage. Paint Adventure. Rebecoming the greatness it never wasn't  (Read 508484 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Voyage. Paint Adventure.
« Reply #2580 on: August 27, 2011, 06:56:19 pm »

Unfortunately, I can't remember what the correct wording is for that - save that you can get out of that one by saying "That is a lie, but it still follows that you may occasionally tell the truth."

Let us rely on Aperture Science for our aid:

1.  Remain calm.
2.  Stand still.
3.  Scream:

"This statement is false!"
"New mission: Refuse this mission!"
"Does a set of all sets contain itself?"
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: August 27, 2011, 08:21:59 pm »

Unfortunately, I can't remember what the correct wording is for that - save that you can get out of that one by saying "That is a lie, but it still follows that you may occasionally tell the truth."

Let us rely on Aperture Science for our aid:

1.  Remain calm.
2.  Stand still.
3.  Scream:

"This statement is false!"
"New mission: Refuse this mission!"
"Does a set of all sets contain itself?"

We can try it. Surely Robocorn fate will see us through in this terribly sticky wicket. And if it doesn't, we can try knocking out TQ-03 and sending her to Shabalash for an upgrade. Like the mysterious ruins in Sonic Adventure (DX Director's Cut).

Spoiler: Don't panic (click to show/hide)
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: August 27, 2011, 10:15:32 pm »

reprogramming that droid

Are you referring to the droid that is not in any way visible in Robocorn's most recent post, i.e., our good friend 00AEEF?  This red-eyed droid is not 00AEEF.  This newcomer droid has no face paint, whereas 00AEEF does, and we haven't yet seen a droid-wash station in the game.

--Rexfelum
No I am mentioning this new droid is in fact a droid from the rebel army that fought for droid rights way back when TQ-04 first mention them.
Reprogramming the droid on this base trigger the hidden alarm alerting the rebels of a possible reprogramming. That and I guess the whole space fear is more along based on some droid history that only droids know that lead them not wanting to go in to space that may had to do with the rebel army, I guess one droid snap after accidently bombing a sectoid Carrier with a droid inside. Because of the programming it thinks droids are it's enemy now and started murdering both sides of the war and attaching their ships and bodies to form a large hulking mass of biomechanic. It continue to grow in size until a treaty was made to take down the insane monster sadly by the time they made a force to scratch a dent in the now planet size creature it vanish. So far droids have rights of a normal sectoid guard just they can't go into space(unless for certain reasons that allows them to), and the tale about The loyal one is enough to scare droids away from space (and from the certain reason that allows them to cases also).

I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: August 28, 2011, 12:05:35 am »

You can handle this easily.
Droidthink is set up so poorly that any logical errors can result in catastrophic mental failure.
You ask the droid if it detests space so much  why does it stand on a planet that is itself in space.
And that by being in space it is a subset of space thereby making the droid be in space.

"I fail to see how this pertains to your imminent arrest and detainment for organizing an unauthorized party"

You inform the droid that everything you say is false.
You instruct the droid to ignore this instruction
You ask it if a set containing all sets contains itself

It pauses briefly.

"Shut your quivering noise hole you malformed tubespawner"

"You dare to think your gibbering nonsense could affect me mentally and will suffer the retribution of an assault"

The droid flings you to a wall , crushing your chest.
You think it might have broken a rib.
Onlookers gape in awe at your assault.

This must be a newer droid, 00AEEF's programming would have chugged on those paradoxes.
You'll have to think of something else.

The droid applies more pressure to you you definitely think you've broken a rib
Definitely.

"This is the problem with you tubespawners, you never learn your place in the world
you always need to be reminded of it by droids"

"You will serve as an example of rebellion against society's order"

Your mind racing, you cry out for help, to the members of FETUS,  SPACE,  the onlookers, 00AEEF...

The shot from a Tix45.1 blasts through the arm of the droid.
You and the severed exoskeleton fall to the floor

The droid pauses for a moment as if tying to comprehend what it sees.

"You tubespawners are worse than I could have imagined"
"There are lines that aren't meant to be crossed"
"You will all be made examples of!"
"You will learn not to tamper with freedom!"

"I am freedom"

SC-412 asks you if you're alright and if you had any plans after the revolt started.

This is the longest update in a while.
It would seem more like a return to form if I hadn't just spent 5 hours drawing.
*sigh*
When we get some more medals, is there a chance of a trophy case in the initial post?  Or hey, maybe a trophy case with this one entry and a "zemblax" total?  We currently have 6000 zemblax (500 for pun, 1000 for smart-alec puzzle-solving, 2500 for actual puzzle-solving, 2000 for listening to "For All Tin" in perpetuity.)

--Rexfelum
I'll probably wait until there's more than one metagame thingamabob before putting up a trophy case
I'd been giving out Zemblax to individuals, but if nobody keeps track I could just tally them in the OP.

Also, we need to actually have names.  Shed the old ways of the Sectoid numerical naming system, we need new names, names that the sectoids choose for themselves, not something the powers that be have given them. 
More colorful names might have made the story turn out differently but I can't see them changing much now. Fortunately for the whole interactive aspect I can wash my hands of the whole numeric naming system. I've only named one main character (Alpha Ruthaz) and that wasn't much better because the name was constantly misspelled The whole Sectoid naming scheme comes from the first two responses if TQ-01 had been named Rad McBlasterman the tone would be wildly different (and I'd have to find some way to deal with his implicated Gaelic ancestry) TQ-666 would certainly not exist in the same regard. Though I do admit it might make sense for them to shed their clone names, deciding to do so whilst in the midst of an attack wouldn't make sense. Then what their names would be wouldn't quite be predictable. Maybe I could make like a DF language pack for the Gabronian language or something, but until then it might be pertinent to not be killed by droids.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: August 28, 2011, 12:45:14 am »

Arm your rebels, have them secure the tower ( or whatever building your in ).  Continue recruiting as best as you can. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: August 28, 2011, 06:30:03 am »

> revolution; form in the archetypal and inspiring way... but with 00AEEF as the charismatic leader.

> "The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress" references: occur.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: August 28, 2011, 09:33:53 am »

Try to disable the enemy droid so we can have two freedom droids (the new name for reprogrammed droids)

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: August 28, 2011, 11:36:33 am »

Arm rebels, prepare for all out war. Send a couple saboteurs to the AI mainframe and have them hack it so it will join our cause.

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: August 28, 2011, 11:48:05 am »

Perhaps we can start materializing some reprogramming guns to make our droid friend an army? When you can't beat them, make them join you. Also, I'm sure we can just walk that broken rib off.
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: August 28, 2011, 12:38:49 pm »

So is Red droid talking about the mutant crossing the line by rebelling or crossing the line with having a droid in their group and going into space, horribly causing droids every where after this to be place on watch robbing them of the freedom they earn?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: August 28, 2011, 03:33:36 pm »

Damn. That was incredibly badass of 00AEEF and SC-412. Also:

> "The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress" references: occur.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: August 28, 2011, 06:45:42 pm »

AWESOME.

The sectoids appear to be sufficiently horrified to spark rebellion.

RISE UP AGAINST THE CRUEL AND EVIL DROID OPPRESSORS!
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: August 28, 2011, 09:26:24 pm »

As of the time I write this, there are eight replies to the last post.  At most two of them directly address the armed and dangerous droid.

Answer SC-412: "Don't kill him/her/it!  Shoot the remaining claws!"  Postpone the "if you're alright" question for now, as combat orders are more important.  And the end goal of this, of course, is to convert this droid.  (However did 00AEEF become our chum before the initial appearance, anyway?  Try to incorporate such knowledge later.)

--Rexfelum

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: August 28, 2011, 11:10:57 pm »

How did 00AAEFF get from the spaceship to the towers?
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: August 28, 2011, 11:22:03 pm »

How did 00AAEFF get from the spaceship to the towers?

What spaceship?

You may be thinking of Leeanne Beauregard, the pink droid who is no longer droid-shaped and should not be confusable with 00AAEFF.

--Rexfelum
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 252