This can never be used again or removed

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
- 0 (0%)
WWWHHHHYYYYYYYYYY
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: November 30, 2011, 09:01:14 pm

Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 252

Author Topic: Space Voyage. Paint Adventure. Rebecoming the greatness it never wasn't  (Read 507278 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: Space Voyage. Paint Adventure. [UPDATED 12-5-11]
« Reply #3195 on: December 06, 2011, 04:18:19 pm »

I predict that our friend(delta) here will die very soon.
if he does then we should nab his bionic arm.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Voyage. Paint Adventure. [UPDATED 12-2-11]
« Reply #3196 on: December 06, 2011, 08:00:41 pm »

...and maybe 3 or 4 understand what is going on.

I resent that!

Also, just follow Delta and wait for something to happen.

e: (or, you know, give us the tools to do something)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 08:03:17 pm by QuakeIV »
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: December 06, 2011, 09:30:00 pm »

I predict that our friend(delta) here will die very soon.
if he does then we should nab his bionic arm.
Shame TQ-02's bionic arm isn't cool like that. Unless... next time we are TQ-02, we must search for secret abilities he may have given the arm and then forgotten about!
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: December 06, 2011, 11:00:10 pm »

...and maybe 3 or 4 understand what is going on.

I resent that!

e: (or, you know, give us the tools to do something)

Yeah, I was probably projecting a bit with that comment. I frequently have trouble understanding
what is happening in the story and have to go on an archive hunt to find the context of the situation
to make sure I'm being consistent. (which I frequently suspect I am not). I don't mean to
underestimate the people who spend their time reading this, I just don't expect them to entertain more
than a superficial reading of the archive. (you know, because I have trouble doing more than that). I'm genuinely sorry if that
offended some of the more hardcore fans of Space Voyage (A term that somewhat surprises and confuses me due to
my perceived quality of most of the adventure [I regard most of the archive as sub-par and have been furiously
working to improve the writing and drawing. I'm still kind of pleasantly surprised when people say they like it]).

Anyway, I guess the sleep deprived rant illustrated my pettiness and frustration well enough. My drawing time has
been mutilated by finals and I haven't been getting a lot of sleep. I'm just trying to keep the story going
at some level approaching what I used to be able to do three months ago even though the art quality was bad.
(Jebex, I used to have time to draw and scan updates when I was away from photoshop, imagine that?)
I guess the point is I think I need a break but updating has been so frequent for so long that I don't really think
I'd deserve the time off even if it was totally fine with the readerbase (which realistically it probably is because I don't
see any of you as imagehungry slave drivers bent on my destruction).

I still intend on blowing your minds, but if I hint as to how it probably won't work

e: Yeah, I've been a pretty crummy GM lately. I did think the idea of assassination by bread was kind of a cool idea.
I usually do the update thing by drawing what you do, what the reaction is, and what provides additional conflict to the story.
I've been getting a little more skimpy on the last one because it's hard for me to update a lot and it tends to take two hours at the least
to make a four panel update. Maybe if this was a dialogue based adventure where I could update a million words per image instead of
a slapstick based action adventure I could be more story efficient. But really man, "give us some tools?", no, "Most dangerous game" style
trapsetting? No improvised sign language system to be hilariously misinterpreted? No questioning your unwavering allegiance to
a person who you met maybe 40 minutes ago and repeatedly tried to kill you? "more tools?" What I'm saying, in my assholish way,
is that I need you to be creative in order to be creative, and even though the creative ideas usually fail, that's no assurance the dull ideas
will succeed because they usually fail because it's easier than furthering the plot. I assure you however, that after finals I will be back tom normal.
Next week, the story will actually move.

Tl:dr Sorry for being a dick. I lack confidence in you because I doubt myself. Cool stuff might happen over the weekend   

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: December 06, 2011, 11:11:34 pm »

@last sentence:
 :D
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3200 on: December 07, 2011, 01:30:18 am »

Wow.  Step away for a few days, and the illustrious admiral Delta Blu re-enters the plot.  With weaponry and a baguette (read: with weaponry).

(Since we also have Gamma Magenta somewhere else in the universe, I'm wondering which other Greek letter personalities we will meet on this adventure.)

I love it!  Pick some squeaky plants for use as emergency moral boost items and/or hat decorations.   . . . Conveniently ducking to do so and allowing any projectile attacks to fly over your head just like in the cartoons.

Also, Robocorn, you are awesome.  Get some sleep.  That's what all the cool kids are doing.

Zzz.

--Rexfelum

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: December 07, 2011, 02:19:39 pm »

This still rocks and I still read it. My suggestions aren't always the most creative, I admit, so I've been suggesting less. Still enjoying the ride, though :)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: December 07, 2011, 03:47:19 pm »

Maybe we should fill the vacant slot.

I suggest a soldier in the military on a ship an unknown distance away, as it could either be on this ship, a safe distance away from it (though not for long), or going to be invaded, and the soldier is doomed normally, but could survive through the silly suggestions of the forum, being the sudden development of a load of split personalities one for each forum member voting.

But I'm not good at names, or random numbers.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: December 07, 2011, 06:32:19 pm »

Pick some squeaky plants for use as emergency moral boost items and/or hat decorations.   . . . Conveniently ducking to do so and allowing any projectile attacks to fly over your head just like in the cartoons.

Yes! Now that we've gone into stealth-game mode, we totally need some squeaky fungus for the next time we want to distract some guards with the old 'toss something to make noise in the other direction' trick!
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: December 07, 2011, 07:27:24 pm »

I suggest a soldier in the military on a ship an unknown distance away, as it could either be on this ship, a safe distance away from it (though not for long), or going to be invaded, and the soldier is doomed normally, but could survive through the silly suggestions of the forum, being the sudden development of a load of split personalities one for each forum member voting.

hmm or we could just pick some non Gabronian character?
"body swapping and YOU!"

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: December 07, 2011, 09:19:46 pm »

hmm or we could just pick some non Gabronian character?

I don't think so. This is an adventure about Gabronians for Gabronians and I don't want no filthy, no good, thieving, and not to mention funny smelling ne'er-do-well aliens stinking it up with their stink and whatnot.

In all seriousness I'd rather stick with Gabronians because they've so far been an incredibly xenophobic society who've had little interaction with other species. The Gabronians are an island among an ocean of frightening, mysterious, and dangerous alien races. I don't want to relate to the hordes of sword wielding star-barbarians, regardless of how deep and fascinating their culture may be.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: December 07, 2011, 09:59:51 pm »

I don't want to relate to the hordes of sword wielding starbarians, regardless of how deep and fascinating their culture may be.
FTFY.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: December 07, 2011, 11:44:46 pm »

Become Omega Purple, that guy that is somehow overlooked by the story
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: December 08, 2011, 02:06:07 am »

I say we save the character slot for a rainy day. Might need a change of pace in the future, but we don't really need it now. Anyway, I suggest that we stop distracting our buddy, who will inevitably get killed while turning his attention toward our shenanigans. He has military skills, a good amount of political power, and seems kind of sensible. If we can impress him, we might be able to convince him to get TQ-02 and us off the hook so we can return to our normal lives. Except it would probably take some especially serious convincing to make him let TQ-02 off the hook.
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: December 08, 2011, 03:51:04 am »

I say we save the character slot for a rainy day. Might need a change of pace in the future, but we don't really need it now. Anyway, I suggest that we stop distracting our buddy, who will inevitably get killed while turning his attention toward our shenanigans. He has military skills, a good amount of political power, and seems kind of sensible. If we can impress him, we might be able to convince him to get TQ-02 and us off the hook so we can return to our normal lives. Except it would probably take some especially serious convincing to make him let TQ-02 off the hook.

you mean TQ-02 horrible gambling and un-responsibility that lead to him getting flag for reprogramming which was the reason for us to leave in the first place(during that time we was trying to beat alpha from catching up with us and to leave her stranded)?
You want that normal life? I thought we burn that bridge down when we didn't make TQ-01 hold down TQ-02 so the droid can take him away to Reprogramming at the start of the adventure.
That Xenophobic life style caused this mess if anything getting away from it is for the better.

Spoiler: speculation (click to show/hide)
"body swapping and YOU!"
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 252