Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 163

Author Topic: Tome 4: Tales of Maj'Eyal  (Read 473136 times)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
Re: Tome 4: Tales of Maj'Eyal
« Reply #1665 on: January 22, 2014, 03:50:32 pm »

That's something that i noticed, adventurers are now rare, but zigur patrols are everywhere.
Surprising they have not yet overwhelmed the orcs in the east :D

Now that you mention it, I have run across an amusing bug... Occasionally if I clear out some Ziguranths then take a portal and orc patrols catch me, the ambush map is populated by zigurs instead. It catches up one or two ambushes later, but the AM cult has in fact spread across the sea.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: January 23, 2014, 10:44:58 am »

Golem can be rebuilt, let them die :)
Alt maze is a PITA though.

Also, I think someone turned the "zigur patrol" dial up to 11. They're swarming in every game I make these days.

Yeah, I know. :) To be precise I didn't recall away after the lovecraftian thing killed my golem; I gem portaled to the other side, cleared away the clutter and rebuilt my golem. I did the alternate version in one go.

Now I'm closing in on level 19, no death so far. *knocks on wood* Already max'ed out the first 3 bomb talents so damage output is pretty good. I've been putting points in magic, constitution and willpower, so right now I have more HP than my golem... ::)

Edit: Level 20! Character sheet. +40% movement speed is very great. :D
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 11:34:36 am by kcwong »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: January 23, 2014, 01:53:44 pm »

I wonder if the movement infusions take in account the movement speed modified by the +movement items or not, if it does use that modified movement before applying its own bonus (the best infusion get over 1000% movement bonus), +40% movement speed + movement infusion could be awesome.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: January 23, 2014, 02:29:26 pm »

Ehn, I forget the details but it's been readjusted so it doesn't get too crazy. Some math thing that makes it work out, I'unno. Code's somewhere in there. They do stack up to some degree, though.

Now, earlier in T4's development? Passive movement speed shoring up an active buff could literally break the game. Could bring movement cost below zero and actually have you gain energy whenever you move (So you could move 10-20 times, and then get a free attack, and then move 10-20 times again, and...), which was pretty hilarious but hella' broken.

You can really stack up the passive +movespeed these days, though. A lot more item slots offer it. Personally tend to wear feathersteel for a long, looong time, heh. Think my last mindslayer's been wearing the thing since like the pre-teens (and is currently in the forties.).

E: Well. That was... borderline embarrassing. Character couldn't hit prox enough times in a row (Acc was dead even with Prox's defense) to actually bring the bugger's health down.

So, uh. I kited him around a pond until he drowned.

I mean, yeesh. I knew it could happen, sure. I knew killing Prox as a general thing wasn't exactly the hardest thing to do. But killing him without actually being able to damage him? That's a new one for me.

Kinda' hilarious, but being in a situation where you actually resort to that because it's the only way (short of going to another zone and getting some levels, anyway) to take Prox down...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 03:22:22 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: January 24, 2014, 02:41:19 am »

I have no idea how the insane bastards who play this game on roguelike  ever win, aside from beating your head against a wall until sheer luck hands you a winnable run.

Dwarf sword N board arcane blade, finally got all my shield offense, stone, GWF running. 3 orc ambushes surround me leaving the valley of the moon. Fine, I pick one. 2 necros, 2 cryos, two pyros. Teleport fails. targeted phase door fails. Rune of reflection, aegis-boosted crumbles in the turn I cast it. I should be up around 25% all resist with 30-50 of everything else presented there and it was still completely hopeless. Thankfully I can just tell eidolon to drop me off outside... but still, with Breeding Pits gone there's no way I could have avoided something like that.

Rant, rant, rant. I generalize my hatred.

I think next char is going to be Cursed. I played around a bit with a Cornac and he was doing great til getting utterly ruined by the bandit leader (should have picked up a totem of cure poisons I think). Next one will be stouter, probably dorf. I get the impression that they're kinda either/or between Cursed Aura for gear (10 pts) and Anti-Magic (15-ish points). Is this about right? Any success stories/horrible failures/personal preferences between either?
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: January 24, 2014, 03:31:45 am »

E: Well. That was... borderline embarrassing. Character couldn't hit prox enough times in a row (Acc was dead even with Prox's defense) to actually bring the bugger's health down.

So, uh. I kited him around a pond until he drowned.

Huh. I've known for a while that NPCs have to breathe (if they're air breathers...) but... the idea of weaponizing a lake never really occurred to me. XD
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: January 24, 2014, 08:35:34 am »

Is there a way to get that wand? I can't dig the vault's wall, I can't walk on lava, and gem portal doesn't work on vault walls.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: January 24, 2014, 09:11:08 am »

the solution to that vault can be found from Psyringe post there :
http://forums.te4.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=38431&p=158744#p158737

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: January 24, 2014, 10:41:31 am »

the solution to that vault can be found from Psyringe post there :
http://forums.te4.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=38431&p=158744#p158737

Hrrrnnng. Trick vaults eh? I don't like them. I am stuck inside another one right now. Already emptied all the rooms I can see, been clicking on all the walls randomly hoping to find another room or the exit.

One of the big rooms shut my golem outside too, nearly died but saved by a timely level up.

Edit: I got this one discussed in this thread:
http://forums.te4.org/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=29685

I was stuck in the lower section though.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 10:44:11 am by kcwong »

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: January 24, 2014, 02:23:47 pm »

I have no idea how the insane bastards who play this game on roguelike  ever win, aside from beating your head against a wall until sheer luck hands you a winnable run.

Dwarf sword N board arcane blade, finally got all my shield offense, stone, GWF running. 3 orc ambushes surround me leaving the valley of the moon. Fine, I pick one. 2 necros, 2 cryos, two pyros. Teleport fails. targeted phase door fails. Rune of reflection, aegis-boosted crumbles in the turn I cast it. I should be up around 25% all resist with 30-50 of everything else presented there and it was still completely hopeless. Thankfully I can just tell eidolon to drop me off outside... but still, with Breeding Pits gone there's no way I could have avoided something like that.

Rant, rant, rant. I generalize my hatred.

I think next char is going to be Cursed. I played around a bit with a Cornac and he was doing great til getting utterly ruined by the bandit leader (should have picked up a totem of cure poisons I think). Next one will be stouter, probably dorf. I get the impression that they're kinda either/or between Cursed Aura for gear (10 pts) and Anti-Magic (15-ish points). Is this about right? Any success stories/horrible failures/personal preferences between either?

Cornac -> all points into rampage until 5/5/0/0 -> antimagic ->zzzZZZzZzzZzzZzZZzzZZzzZzZZZzZzzzZzZzZzzzzZZZZz -> 0 death win congratulations

Curses were buffed a lot, I hear Shrouds became ridiculous, and it's a bit easier to go dual-wield now but the Enemy is boredom, and He is stronger than ever.

Though I guess going dual-wield and getting Windblade will give you at least one button to press, so there's that.

But really, cursed is really powerful and hella boring.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: January 24, 2014, 02:37:46 pm »

i refuse to play on anything but roguelike..... needless to say, I've never won. Yet. One day.....
It does reduce the boredom factor somewhat, mainly as I know there's stuff that I have yet to reach.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: January 24, 2014, 04:46:43 pm »

But really, cursed is really powerful and hella boring.

Yeah, I'm intentionally not going Cornac or AM to make things a bit more interesting. This guy will probably be a "break" character to play between my next shadowblade attempts. Also it can't possibly be as boring as reavers. Right?

...right?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 04:49:21 pm by Darkmere »

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: January 24, 2014, 04:58:04 pm »

Are you kidding me?!? Reavers are a god damn Shakespearean play compared to Cursed. They should honestly rename them damned, because I'll be damned if I play another one.

Though now that you've been talking about them I kind of want to get one going myself.

CURSE YOU DARKMERE

but honestly if you're playing cursed you might as well go cornac because there's literally no reason to make cursed's boring early game even more boring by not having your main damage/escape/everything tool - rampage.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: January 24, 2014, 08:00:22 pm »

I gave up. Their start is too shitty for me to care anymore. Maybe some other time, if I can stomach doing 1-10 on something else for the 30th time this week.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: January 24, 2014, 11:43:36 pm »

My alchemist is destroyed by The Master... I can't keep up with his summons. My golem is too fragile - so little stat points, if you spend some on Str to wear better armor/shield, you don't have much left for Con. And once my golem's gone, I will follow soon.

So it's dancing on the stairs... until I got hit too hard for me to handle. It also didn't help that when you are trying to deal with the tower, you are just about the level to trigger Dark Crypt... which cost me 1 life.

Can someone take a look and tell me what am I doing wrong?
http://te4.org/characters/110744/tome/8af8e386-612e-48e4-9f1f-4b9874a06cd3
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 163