Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 163

Author Topic: Tome 4: Tales of Maj'Eyal  (Read 473105 times)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tome 4: Tales of Maj'Eyal
« Reply #2175 on: June 14, 2015, 05:48:54 pm »

I think TWs have a memory leak associated with not properly disposing of your temporal duplicates. So the usual problems with late game ToME lag get much worse.
Wow... well that bug is pretty meta if you think about it.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: June 14, 2015, 06:31:07 pm »

Chronomancers don't have bugs, they just have anomalies, is the quote faffing about the t4 forum in someone's sig :V

In other news, this doombringer's loot luck has been almost silly. I've currently got a 90% chance to daze and a 90% slow on melee before hitting level 20 and clearing OF. Plus some other stuff! Gloom chance, armor corrosion. It's pretty great. Could also swap 30% of that daze out for chance to blind, if I wanted to (which I don't, daze is a freaking incredible debuff).
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 06:32:44 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: June 14, 2015, 06:37:08 pm »

I've finally got all the races and classes[Including Adventurer] unlocked. Paradox Mage is still the most fun class out of all of them, by far. I've only actually won once, with a Dwarven Mindslayer specializing in Projection and Focus. That's mainly because I've got 6-8 characters on ice at level 30ish, which I do to let me try out more classes. I'm currently taking a break from ToME, since I spent WAY too much time playing it and needed to get other stuff[Like playing Crawl, for instance] done. I don't have Ashes of Ur'Rok or whatever the DLC is called. Should I get it?
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: June 14, 2015, 06:58:52 pm »

*waggles hand* The classes included are pretty fun, there's neat lore, new artifacts... it's not bad. That said, my advice on the DLC (and the donator stuff) is to only get it if you want to be sending some money to DG, not so much for the material itself. I'm not really sure if it's worth money in and of itself, even at 2 USD -- there's plenty of straight up free class addons that are also pretty enjoyable, without actually having to splash cash for it. Consider it as a donation with benefits, basically. If you've been looking to donate a little, it's a good excuse to. If you haven't, maybe don't bother.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 07:01:35 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: June 14, 2015, 07:31:00 pm »

I enjoyed Ashes, personally, but yeah I buy for this when I can to support DarkGod. Still, I don't regret the steam purchase or buying the DLC, and have played it enough that I'll probably still get the orc campaign even though I think it's kind of a dumb idea.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: June 14, 2015, 08:22:17 pm »

I remember having seen already some people mentionning big lag building up with the time classes, i guess breaking the continuum multiple times have a cost with the game code too :)

It's been since April i didn't checked what was going on with ToME4 , and a quick look on the website shows that the last news is from April.
Looks like there's still no news for what's the next move, the orc campaign or other things.

eeviac

• Bay Watcher
  • Seven
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: June 14, 2015, 09:13:47 pm »

Any updates on the Android port since its tease five and a half months ago? I'm not much of a Tome fan but I'm pretty sure I'd play the heck out of it on my phone.

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: June 14, 2015, 10:25:40 pm »

I remember having seen already some people mentionning big lag building up with the time classes, i guess breaking the continuum multiple times have a cost with the game code too :)

It's been since April i didn't checked what was going on with ToME4 , and a quick look on the website shows that the last news is from April.
Looks like there's still no news for what's the next move, the orc campaign or other things.

At minimum, they're working on a bugfixing 1.3.2. Maybe they'll do an announcement about any bigger plans when they release that?

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: June 15, 2015, 01:48:57 pm »

I think TWs have a memory leak associated with not properly disposing of your temporal duplicates. So the usual problems with late game ToME lag get much worse.

I knew there had to be a trick - no class can be this fun, good and bug-free at the same time.

Oh well.

I'm also thinking of buying the expansion, since I want to reenact Amon Amarth covers. Should be jolly good fun.

What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: June 19, 2015, 01:47:00 pm »

I'm just gonna post another reply, since y'all hiding.

After winning a Temporal Warden, I started feeling like I needed a challenge.

Thus, I rolled a Bulwark, fully expecting the challenge to be not to fall asleep on the keyboard. Turns out I was rather wrong - Bulwark is a pretty fun guy, a little too few keys to press, but still jolly entertaining.

I don't think I'll ever get tired of a Block-Assault combo, and being reasonably tough (only against physical damage, though) is never dull. My biggest problem was elemental damage. I died three times in the Rift in Daikara, once in the Crypt (and I failed to save Melinda because the douchemongers kept kiting me), and a few more times in Dreadfell.

Thusfore, I have a few questions:

- How do I handle elemental damage on a Bulwark? I kept stockpiling resistance armour, but it didn't exactly help. Better positioning and patience would be wonderful but hey, I've gotten to like 6 wins without that, I'm not about to start now.

- Are there any vital Bulwark skills? Do I keep that -20% damage sustain on all the time? It felt like I should, since it also gives stun resistance, and that's always good.

All in all, my biggest problem, and the source of most of my impatience, is the lack of AOE. I'm addicted to AOE. I like AOE, and it's my firm belief all classes should have it.

So my last questions is, is there any good class add-on (I can't get the stupid expansion since it turns out I have no way to pay online - I live in Eastern Europe and frankly I've almost never had to... and whenever I did, I just used my roommate's card, but he gone for the next week or so) with a lot of AOE? Doesn't matter if caster or melee, I just want AOE and mobility. I've done some browsing, but I would prefer your opinion on stuff you've tried, cuz I love y'all so much.

I'm thinking of Anorithil or a Paradox Mage, from the standard classes, since I've won Archmage, and for some odd reason, I've never grown to like Corruptor. Paradox Mage with the new changes should be pretty awesome, but I just won a Paradox class.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: June 19, 2015, 02:03:27 pm »

Bulwark deals with elemental damage by getting a shield with the appropriate elemental resist and blocking, in my experience.* Ideally, you have both block prodigies and a shield with a huge honking block value and just tank everything forever. Getting 0 damage from high peak rares is always good for a lul.

*Well, that and using step-up/rush to just kill everything doing elemental damage before they can hurt you much.

Addons... I could speak on that, but later. In the short term, maybe forge knight? They're fun. Slim on the AoE until later on, but fun. Perhaps try the class packs, they might have something in them you find appealing. Or just try adventure mode, heh.
Ask not!
Ask!

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: June 19, 2015, 02:10:13 pm »

The Block skill also blocks damage of any type that your shield gives you resistance to. Antimagic and maybe also Fungus help a bunch too. Paradox Mages are the goddamn BEST. All the shenanigans, all the aoe, decent mobility and most of the damage while being passably durable. I hated Corrupters[Vim is annoying and you've got no defense in drawn out engagements] too. Anorithils have decent aoe and they're pretty fun, but they're also pretty limited in how you build them and have no natural mobility. No ridiculous amounts of options like Archmages or Paradox mages or Solipsists[To a somewhat lesser degree]. Mindslayer would be my alternate recommendation for mobile strong aoe-capable class. You can build them caster or melee, although with psiblades even caster builds still deal hella damage in melee combat late-game. Plus their shields make them hella robust, especially combined with antimagic and fungus. First win was with a Dwarven Mindslayer and they slaughtered everything except Atamathon[No way to remove the Reflective Skin meant all my damage came right back at me] and this one dual-classed runed bone giant stair boss in High Peak.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: June 19, 2015, 08:38:30 pm »

Yeah, Paradox Mage is really strong now. Time shield is a wonderful defensive skill, your greatest enemy is no longer your own backfiring Quantum Spike, and you have a great mix of survivability, mobility and crowd control.

Damage seems on the low side, but after beating the snot out of the Master I picked up the Meteoric Crash prodigy, cuz I haven't ever used it (my previous laptop would probably have fainted at the thought of rendering all those meteors) and it utterly and ridiculously fixed that problem. The meteors trigger really often, and do on average 3 times more damage than my own spells. I'm also using Gwen's Burninator (the wand that does decent AOE fire damage), because I remembered this is a new PC and I don't have my save file, so no Wildfire for my archmages.

Somehow though the current Paradox Mage seems slightly less fun than the old one. I'll be damned if I can tell you why I think so, but it's just how it feels to me. I've honestly been sitting for like 20 minutes trying to figure out why.

Really, really powerful though, and still pretty great fun.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: June 19, 2015, 10:08:05 pm »

So my last questions is, is there any good class add-on (I can't get the stupid expansion since it turns out I have no way to pay online - I live in Eastern Europe and frankly I've almost never had to... and whenever I did, I just used my roommate's card, but he gone for the next week or so)

Re: Xpack, Do you have the game on Steam?
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: June 20, 2015, 06:44:35 am »

http://te4.org/characters/15454/tome/6e82adbd-f527-43fb-9867-2b898e4c4657

Paradox Mage Stronk

Feels stronger than my Wildfire Archmage back in the day. Oddly enough felt like this PM was better at both offense (1k ray spells, ~1k meteors) and defense than the archmage.

It would probably be a ton more powerful if I had found the stupid fucking temporal artefacts - Rod of Sarrilon and the tardis robe - you know, the ones I found in every single game I've ever played apart from this one. God I am bitter.

Other than that what can I say - current Paradox Mage takes a while to get rolling, but when it does, oh mamma. I suspect a good deal of the offensive power was due to Meteor Crash. Am I right in assuming this is the best offensive prodigy for casters? I was able to take it after getting the alternate daikara, too, or at least I don't remember seeing other meteor crashes prior to the prodigy - might be wrong here, though.

However, I ran into an interesting problem.

Namely, running out of slots on my quickbar. I might be even dumber than I suspect, but I couldn't find a way to add another roll, so I literally had to skip on two additional trees, and a number of my current abilities. Mostly because while I did remember to use right-click -> static history, using other spells this way was too much of a hassle compared to just waiting for my meteor crash to cooldown. Anyone know how I can add another stupid row to my quickbar? I feel like this character could've been even more fun if I didn't have to stick skillpoints in stupid skills just so I could have a visual indicator of "hey idiot, you have this spell you could use".

Thinking of running a Storm archmage, see how the damage is with that. Or is there another caster (barring stupid nerd vim users) that would get higher AOE damage numbers?

@Darkmere - don't have Steam, if I did, I'd presumably have a way to buy stuff online :D
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 163