Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 230698 times)

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.0.9] A Total Conversion Mod for 31.25
« Reply #1260 on: October 12, 2011, 02:04:52 pm »

I sent a suicide squad of useless migrants at it with copper machetes/sledgehammers. Little to no effect. By the way, in case anyone wanted to know, the shell/bullet casing determines the metal type, not the bar used in making them.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: October 12, 2011, 04:16:41 pm »

Is there any way to safely mine surface rock or volcano rock? It gets really hard to make an above-ground fortress sometimes, and most of the time I can't seem to get enough room for all my magma-powered workshops.

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: October 12, 2011, 06:10:07 pm »

I sent a suicide squad of useless migrants at it with copper machetes/sledgehammers. Little to no effect. By the way, in case anyone wanted to know, the shell/bullet casing determines the metal type, not the bar used in making them.
They did almost nothing because its chitin is as strong as copper and is 2 times as thick as other chitin if it was on a regular sized scorpion :D

Also I noticed 2 bugs I guess you could call them in the gun raws. Basicly you need the same ammount of stuff for a military rifle as you do a hunting rifle, so the read me was wroung about that, and the pistol is acculy better in every respect other then mass compaired to the hunting rifle, as the pistol has the same shooting force as the rifle. Just thought I would let you know.

Oh btw this was in 1.08 so and I havent got 1.09 yet so idk if it changed or not.
Gona get 1.09 after this fort goes to shit.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 06:48:05 pm by BeforeLifer »
Any thoughts on how this can be abused?
Around these parts It's called weaponized

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: October 14, 2011, 02:35:17 am »

wait so cigars can convert into gases if you eat them?
hmm here's to me spending time to make the "needle" that once used turns the person into an infected human.
and making a cure for those who unlucky to catch the virus.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: October 15, 2011, 11:55:18 am »

Ok just relized that the clothing entitys DOESENT HAVE THE BULLET STATION! Sry for the rage but I made like 20 rifles and then relized that I can make bullets for them lol.
Ah well time to get 1.09 :D Lets see if I can find one of my scorpions :D
Oh another thing, I managed to find a cavern not even 10 z levels below the surface O_O

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: October 15, 2011, 12:31:18 pm »

Was reading the legands of a world I just gened and for the start of the world other than starvation the leading cause of death was being eating by my scorpion :D

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: October 16, 2011, 11:42:05 am »

And in other news...

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: October 16, 2011, 12:12:34 pm »

aww... i forgot to take a picture of the event.... :'(

so, i'll describe: so, the base was up and running, when all of a sudden skulking infected started showing up! they ambushed my fortress leader (who is a woodcutter and therefore a competent axeman(and a berserker))
and he killed 2 or 3, the rest started running away, and the minutemen commander joined the fight by headshoting another one when all of a sudden another skulking infected appeared behind him (on stairs) and LITERALLY PUNCHED HIS GODDAMN BRAIN OUT.  :o i am not kidding, the brain flew 5 tiles forward and hit another minuteman in the upper arm, bruising it.  the skulking infected then ran away, and so did the bastard that killed my commander. no wonder the trainees could not hit him, as they were all novice/competent while he was talented.

this was SO EPIC.

also @IT's post: wow. that baby is hardcore.

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews
« Reply #1268 on: October 16, 2011, 05:03:37 pm »

Since I have now got 2 vids up for my LP of this mod. And I actually finish this fort here is the playlist IT

Do with it as u will ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL30D3FE2B17BCF622
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews
« Reply #1269 on: October 16, 2011, 05:05:58 pm »

And in other news...

Lol I want that baby ^_^
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: October 16, 2011, 06:11:57 pm »

so, i'll describe: so, the base was up and running, when all of a sudden skulking infected started showing up! they ambushed my fortress leader (who is a woodcutter and therefore a competent axeman(and a berserker))
and he killed 2 or 3, the rest started running away, and the minutemen commander joined the fight by headshoting another one when all of a sudden another skulking infected appeared behind him (on stairs) and LITERALLY PUNCHED HIS GODDAMN BRAIN OUT.  :o i am not kidding, the brain flew 5 tiles forward and hit another minuteman in the upper arm, bruising it.  the skulking infected then ran away, and so did the bastard that killed my commander. no wonder the trainees could not hit him, as they were all novice/competent while he was talented.
Didn't realize berserkers were that good, maybe melee is feasible, even if that was just luck.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: October 16, 2011, 07:02:55 pm »

Dont fking mess with zerkers with an axe. They will tear anything in the way 5 new assholes.
Oh another thing I had a ghoul attack my fort (im 100% sure that it isent evil so I think you might want to check that out IT 000) eather way I had it attack a woodcutter, my woodcutter when ape shit on him and then hacked the crap out of him. The funny thing is that he hacked it in the head like 5 times with his axe, but the killing blow was with his fist to his face XD

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: October 17, 2011, 12:32:51 pm »

so, this time around: SCAVENGERS!

all killed by my berserker. and then he killed half of my minutemen. (3 from a 5 people squad) ouch.

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: October 17, 2011, 08:06:32 pm »

so, this time around: SCAVENGERS!

all killed by my berserker. and then he killed half of my minutemen. (3 from a 5 people squad) ouch.
Ya sometimes there a blessing(from the easy training) or a curse when they managed to surround them. In one of my forts I had some scavengers just wandered in after sucker punching a potash maker in the face(suprisingy they acculy have a use now lol) but after scarmbleing my 1 semi skilled(level 5)leader and 2 rookies out at them armed only with wooden bracers expecting to lose, surpisingly they managed to pick them off one by one, if it was a full on brawl chances are I would have lost. Oh also a woodcutter when ‼RAGE‼ on one of them and somehow managed to stick his axe IN ITS EYE. How in the world does that happen w/o causing death lol.

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: October 18, 2011, 02:52:14 am »

The Dojo and Doctor's workshop don't appear to be providing any skills...

Could be the lack of product. Maybe add an item as a product that boils away when created? (Ideally not harmful) At least, assuming this isn't just me for some reason.

'This is a cloud of training sweat' or something. ???

Which is to say, using them doesn't even provide 'dabbling' experience in the skill. Unless that's the idea...?

Edit: Haven't checked the doctor's yet, actually  ::)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 02:57:10 am by Deimos56 »
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 111