Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 230693 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.1.8] ***34.07***
« Reply #1545 on: April 16, 2012, 01:32:50 pm »

Hehe, I love this <3. I went into a town and was almost killed by a motorcycle. Careful on the road, kids! :D
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: April 23, 2012, 01:37:35 am »

Thanks everyone who voted! I've added several weapons, and I will continue to add more, if you have any suggestions feel free to say them. They must fit into the theme of Corrosion, and try to avoid medieval weapons.

I've also started to make people more durable by adding more parts and such. Here's the list to do.

* Make ribs have a higher chance of blocking attacks to organs
* Ribs no longer cover the heart, instead the Sternum does. It's much tougher and should be able to deflect shallow attacks.
* Make skull and ribs out of stronger material
* Divide skull out into the following parts
   - Forehead : Covers the frontal lobe, hardest part
   - Crown : Covers the parietal lobe, softer part
   - Face : Covered by the nose, holds the eyes or something. Will never jam into the brain. Also holds teeth
   - Jaw : Holds teeth
* Divide brain up into following parts (I could do left/right hemispheres for each one, but I figure this way there's still a chance to kill someone by brain damage)
   - frontal lobe : THOUGHT tag, heavy bleeding, nausea possibly? Need more research for more symptoms
   - parital lobe : THOUGHT tag, heavy bleeding, needs more research for more symptoms, covers brain stem
   - Brain Stem : Instant death. Don't know how I'll do this specifically, perhaps just have crazy heavy bleeding with no healing rate.
* Add Necks
   - Neck covers throat with skin, also covers several arteries which will be 'organs' that cause heavy bleeding.

I'm also considering simplifying other parts of the body. Example being fingers and toes, cut those down to just 'fingers' and 'toes' and that's 25 items less to track and less of a chance to hit them in combat. I'm also considering simplifying the teeth by taking the Fortress Defense approach by having a 'jaw' handle the bites and such. Or I could just simplify it down to groups of teeth such as molars and incisors I've been going back and forth on the idea so please provide input.

Hehe, I love this <3. I went into a town and was almost killed by a motorcycle. Careful on the road, kids! :D

Hehe, thanks, I don't know whether to call it a 'bug' or a 'feature'.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: April 23, 2012, 02:59:01 am »

I was considering removing removing fingers, toes and other non-vital parts but I believe that the clothing system will give me greif

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: April 23, 2012, 03:54:39 am »

Forgot to update the pre-installed version for a long time. Derp. my bad.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5587

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: May 06, 2012, 01:32:46 pm »

Sorry, I've been making several advances in Corrosion, but I haven't posted all the changes lately.  :P

Anyways, New Graphics! Please give me your opinions.

I was hesitant at first, but once I finished everything I see the charm in it.

I also changed the barrel graphic, two tree tiles, the jug graphic, and the stone boulder graphic.

I'm liking how necks are working. They are difficult to hit, and trying to hit the neck will usually hit the Upper Body on a successful hit. But once hit it's rather easy to chop off with a good machete hack.

I'm enjoying the two-brain system more, it makes people and zombies slightly more durable to head damage as they need to be hit twice.

The simplified teeth, fingers, and toes are nice as well. 42 less items on 50+ humans has a noticeable affect on frame rate.

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

magikmw

• Bay Watcher
  • angryface
    • View Profile
    • Blog/links
« Reply #1550 on: May 06, 2012, 02:19:17 pm »

It all looks good, when do you expect the next version release? :)
Oh, hai.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.1.9] ***34.07***
« Reply #1551 on: May 11, 2012, 07:42:57 am »

1.1.9 is out.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'll get a Blog Post Commentary I kept it short this time :P

Stuff Not Added :

* Divide skull out into the following parts
   - Forehead : Covers the frontal lobe, hardest part
   - Crown : Covers the parietal lobe, softer part
   - Face : Covered by the nose, holds the eyes or something. Will never jam into the brain. Also holds teeth
   - Jaw : Holds teeth
Decided against it.
   - Brain Stem : Instant death. Don't know how I'll do this specifically, perhaps just have crazy heavy bleeding with no healing rate.

I didn't really see a point to this, may be added later.

* Make sternum, skull, and ribs out of stronger material
I'm still dabbling in making bodies, couldn't quite figure out how to do this.

Please give feedback on the new graphics.
Or anything about the graphics that you don't like.

In this next release I'll be doing some experiments with metal and stone. Trying to make rarer metals more rare, nickel more useful, and some other underground stone experiments.

But also, if you think Corrosion can improve in any way, don't be afraid to post feedback!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 08:05:36 am by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: May 11, 2012, 07:57:46 am »

so infected "infecting others" now gone so does this mean a revise to the lore is needed?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Bodyless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: May 11, 2012, 12:30:28 pm »

* Changed Healing times for tissues. Fat, heals 50% slower, muscles and organs heal 100% slower

does that mean that muscles and organs wont heal at all?

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: May 11, 2012, 07:59:37 pm »

so infected "infecting others" now gone so does this mean a revise to the lore is needed?

Where do you see that? Infected still infect others. Did I remove something ???

* Changed Healing times for tissues. Fat, heals 50% slower, muscles and organs heal 100% slower

does that mean that muscles and organs wont heal at all?

They still heal, those are terms relative to the previous values. The previous healing rate was 500, now it's 1000 (higher is slower) sorry for the confusion.

-----

Also, it appears I didn't attach the changelog, my apologies for any inconvenience.

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: May 13, 2012, 09:24:57 pm »

New blog post up. It concerns some random thoughts about random stuff I've been doing. Mainly concerning diseases and 'boosts' akin to psycho / jet from Fallout.

If you have any suggestions feel free to post them here!

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: May 15, 2012, 03:17:02 am »

I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed this week, finals are next week, so the update will not be coming out any time soon.

In the mean time enjoy the mine carts and please provide feedback!

Now that stone mining is both time consuming and such, I am considering removing deadly stone altogether, and making people learn mining at 10% normal rates (prisoners get 20%) if you like / hate this idea, please discuss it as I am still on the fence.

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: May 15, 2012, 06:36:15 am »

I believe it would prove effective for about 10 years of a fortress or so. Then, the miners would become of highest level, and it would feel like Vanilla again.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: May 15, 2012, 07:13:52 am »

Perhaps add in rocks that can be dug into, but within it there are very frequent appearances of large clusters of rocks that are hard and undiggable? This means that the stone areas are often harder to excavate and design. Stone layers would often look rather messy, and carved out, which makes sense given this is more of a survivor shelter hole and less of a dwarven mountain hall.

Or clusters of deadly stone, although I can't say I myself fancies this idea very much.

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: May 17, 2012, 09:18:44 am »

I believe it would prove effective for about 10 years of a fortress or so. Then, the miners would become of highest level, and it would feel like Vanilla again.

After ten years of trial and error, you would think that the miners would have figured out how to carve out a piece of rock and to distinguish between 'plain rock' and 'oh-my-god-my-lungs-rock'. ;) So, like Pan proposed, why not have stone layers with some 'veins' of undiggable rock? Maybe an occasional cluster of the dangerous stuff?
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 111