Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 649 650 [651] 652 653 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1291325 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #9750 on: March 15, 2020, 07:00:39 am »

Got a perfect score with a food critic... by giving them day-old tomato soup that had been sitting out all night in an open pot. I simply re-heated it on the stove. It also had a slight penalty to taste because it wasn't quite the perfect mix.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: After a long campaign of killing off each "villain" one by one, I finally confronted the final opponent: the High Priest of Adroxie. The Keeper personally led the battles against each enemy, up until I kicked over an altar and was permanently blinded. Kept in the confines of his poetry workshop after that, leaving him with naught to do but write weapons-grade obscene limericks. Three of the four "main villains", the ones you have to kill to win(HP of Adroxie was fourth) attacked me directly; two were dragons, one was an elementalist named Martja that I managed to capture but died under torture afterwards.

With the Keeper out of combat duty - and probably for the best at that - I sent some 30-odd minions to the site of where the dungeon that the High Priest of Adroxie was holed up was. Lost a few good minions on the surface, as the fiend had set up several elf villages surrounding the entrance, and they have snipers. Slaughtered all the elves and breached the dungeon. The first couple of floors had little of note, the worst threats being two cyclopes.

The final floor, was a narrow bridge over magma leading to an altar to Adroxie. Surrounding the altar was the High Priest, several (I assume for sacrificing) children, a few fire elementals, and a group of creatures called Abominations. This was a brutal fight. Of all the minions I sent in, only two survived: an Orc Healer and a human priest I captured and converted before. Even so, the High Priest had been killed, and the last Abomination was brought down by the priest casting "Directional Blast" which somehow killed it.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 04:22:29 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9751 on: March 24, 2020, 04:32:11 pm »

I finally, finally won a campaign (short) in Total War: Empire, and in a mere 31 turns to boot! Could've done even faster, but was worried about rebellions. Faction was Maratha Confederacy, which to my surprise was laughably easy. All you need to do is steamroll the rest of India.

And that is TW:Empire off of my backlog! One less in the pile.

Total War: Empire, Maratha Confederacy Normal/Normal.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9752 on: March 24, 2020, 06:53:57 pm »

Boot up my ironman of void bastards.  Im down in Depth 5 and my current ship is a Lux Cruiser.  Its huge, and has shedloads of shifty spooks.  It also has 'subverted security' and 'one type of citizen is allied'.

Meaning I have no enemy but the environment and Oxygen.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9753 on: March 25, 2020, 10:41:01 am »

I've been hitting a wall with Slay the Spire. But once I read the list of common cards with ironclad, I went back to ascension 1 and earned the "Common Sense" achievement.

I think I was one away from the Infinity achievement (play 25 cards in one turn) the run where I got ninja (play 10 shivs in one turn), so I could probably do that. And I lose often enough to throw away a run on getting purity. Defeating a boss in one turn or transient ever seems out of my reach, though.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9754 on: March 25, 2020, 08:30:04 pm »

Also Slay the Spire, and my win was getting three of those achievements on a single run!

I finally managed to put together an infinite combo, using the Defect. Main components were
- 2x Claw (scaling damage for 0 energy)
- 2x Skim+ (4 card draw for 1 energy)
- Impatience+ (3 card draw for 0 energy if no attacks are in your hand, and Claw is my only attack)
- Turbo+ (generates 3 energy in exchange for putting an unplayable status card in your deck)
- The artifact that lets you play unplayable status cards for free to exhaust them from your deck

I also had a Reboot (shuffle everything into your deck and draw 4 cards) for if I found myself stuck somehow, as well as Zap+ and Dualcast+ because I didn't find nearly enough removal, but it would've worked fine without those (and I could've probably lost one of the Skims, too).

It took until halfway through Act 3 to come together, but once it did I was unstoppable. I could just keep drawing and playing my Claws, and using Turbo+ to refuel whenever I ran out of energy.

I got Infinity on the next Elite fight, then lucked into The Transient right before the final bonfire (who I killed in one turn, so satisfying). By some clerical error of the gods, I actually got Awakened One instead of Time Eater for my final boss, and killed his first stage and both his little pals in a single turn (which counted for the kill-boss-in-one-turn achievement, his second stage was turn 2).

Then I died against the Heart because whoops I took all the blocking out of my deck, but I'm still counting that as a win overall.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9755 on: March 26, 2020, 06:45:33 am »

Darkest Dungeon; Occultist, Highwayman, Abomination, and Bounty Hunter delved into the warrens to slay the Swine God. I'm playing a modded game, so if something seems off, then it's because of that. So, anyway, the resistance from the regular swinefolk was meager: some hassassins, zerkers, choppers, mostly all-out damage squads that could be negated with some wyrd reconstructions. There might have been some cultists too. That was a nice change of pace after the previous run where the heroes encountered bloodsuckers, the swine chieftain, and the Collector, plus a bunch of high stress waves. Lost a Seraph and a Succubus, while the Lamia and the Butcher Bird needed intense therapy.

Right, so the boys were ambushed after camping right before the boss room, and Abomination got badly beaten up. The timing wasn't the best, but what can you do? The boys finally faced their target, and seeing the amount of HP it had, I started doubting if they could do that. However, armed with aegis scales and red seals, the Bounty Hunter opened with hige crits. It went like that: Occultist marks, Bounty Hunter crits, Abomination rages for massive damage, and the Highwayman... well, he kinda stayed out of the way and waved his knife. Abomination was at death's door at the end, but he was the first one to deal the final blow.

Then the lads slaughtered Wilbur and stole his flags.

I wonder if this is the beginning of a good streak? I've got lv2 Prophet, Siren, and Hag, lv3 Kraken, Homunculus, and Flesh. I gotta progress in the Courtyard, the Farmstead, and the Sunward Isles too. So much to do, so little mid- to high-leveled cannon fodder.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9756 on: March 26, 2020, 09:10:52 am »

Also Slay the Spire, and my win was getting three of those achievements on a single run!

I finally managed to put together an infinite combo, using the Defect. Main components were
- 2x Claw (scaling damage for 0 energy)
- 2x Skim+ (4 card draw for 1 energy)
- Impatience+ (3 card draw for 0 energy if no attacks are in your hand, and Claw is my only attack)
- Turbo+ (generates 3 energy in exchange for putting an unplayable status card in your deck)
- The artifact that lets you play unplayable status cards for free to exhaust them from your deck

I also had a Reboot (shuffle everything into your deck and draw 4 cards) for if I found myself stuck somehow, as well as Zap+ and Dualcast+ because I didn't find nearly enough removal, but it would've worked fine without those (and I could've probably lost one of the Skims, too).

It took until halfway through Act 3 to come together, but once it did I was unstoppable. I could just keep drawing and playing my Claws, and using Turbo+ to refuel whenever I ran out of energy.

I got Infinity on the next Elite fight, then lucked into The Transient right before the final bonfire (who I killed in one turn, so satisfying). By some clerical error of the gods, I actually got Awakened One instead of Time Eater for my final boss, and killed his first stage and both his little pals in a single turn (which counted for the kill-boss-in-one-turn achievement, his second stage was turn 2).

Then I died against the Heart because whoops I took all the blocking out of my deck, but I'm still counting that as a win overall.

Congratulations.

Also, tungsten rod effectively turns blue candle into the artifact you were talking about, in addition to being pretty nice on it's own. I loved that combination.

Edit: Circadian Dice: I beat Forgotten Island with the cleric on the second try, and got 5 stars because I always took score as a reward (684 end score). My first purchase was a capture that I used on the blue dinosaur that gives +1 attack to the die if the enemy has no defense. I'm considering trying the soothing collar that replaces 1 attack on your second and fourth dice with a capture, and the trappers mantle that replaces blank spaces with a claw, and also gives +20% capture rate. Captures are a free kill, buff your die, and claws are at worst 1 attack. Also, the vampire area sucks. Pun not intended, but I'm keeping it.

Edit2: Damn petrifying snakes. I no longer remember math well enough to figure out the odds of getting 2 attacks when I have 3/6 chance on one die and 2/6 on the other, and 2 rerolls. I'm 0/2, though.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 11:26:46 am by Iduno »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9757 on: March 26, 2020, 11:33:44 am »

Spoiler: Finally did it (click to show/hide)

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #9758 on: March 27, 2020, 07:51:33 am »

Usually in this game, sane men go into one of the dungeons, and go out as broken diseased insane men.
My men went into the Ruins, and came out all around better.
All of them have less stress than what they came in with, the three that leveled up only got a positive quirk, no one got a negative quirk, and one of the levelers actually got his only negative quirk removed, so he's actually saner than new recruits.

Darkest Dungeon
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #9759 on: March 27, 2020, 09:23:14 am »

Very happy, managed to pass the Frozen Horror scenario for the first time in Circadian Dice, unlocking the 9th scenario beaten item (still have a hard time with the scenario that comes just before, the "Ancient Tomb", too much cursing coming from monsters :D) , the "multivitamin" that description sounds to be very good choice for the ancien tomb problems i have.

It was with the elementalist class, even got 2 stars , i'm sure i could have reached a 3rd one but prefered to play for the win instead of the score for this attempt :)

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #9760 on: March 27, 2020, 09:40:38 am »

Finally beat Bad North on Normal! Did a full-elite double-sword, one-pike one-archer combination. Had War Horn and Ironskin on one Infantry unit, and Ring of Command and Sharp Weapons on the other, Fleet of Foot Archers with Bomb and Sure-Footed Pikes with Warhammer. I got very lucky on the last island in island layout and enemy proportions; very few Brute Archers came and there was lots of cover when they did. Didn’t abandon a single island; lost only a few houses. Took about 8 hours of total playing time to do!

Now to duplicate that feat.
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9761 on: March 27, 2020, 10:04:09 am »

Was playing CKII and switched to my cousin who won the crusade for Jerusalem.  I had gotten a bunch of egyptian land and the knights templar had gotten the duchy of damietta (the nile delta, more or less).  Then the ravening Aztec hoard invaded.  I mostly ignored them because I was too busy beating up Fatimids and Seljuks.  Then they declared a war on the Templars for Egypt.  I decided that I would rather not border the Aztecs (since they are blood-thirsty and had a doomstack to end all doomstacks), so I joined the war.  They had about 320,000 troops at the start of the war.  By putting my entire army under the direct command of my god-queen of jerusalem I was able to (mostly) win every battle with the Aztecs and win the war.  I wish I had taken screenshots of their army before and after the war because afterward they had about 30,000 troops, so I killed about 300,000 bloodthirsty aztecs with an army that capped out at 20,000.  I mean I mostly fought the aztecs in small groups (15-20K troops), but I was still toasting armies about 50% bigger than mine with minimal losses at the end.  I like to imagine my queen wading through the battlefield cackling as she mowed down her enemies.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #9762 on: March 27, 2020, 02:02:12 pm »

Usually in this game, sane men go into one of the dungeons, and go out as broken diseased insane men.
My men went into the Ruins, and came out all around better.
All of them have less stress than what they came in with, the three that leveled up only got a positive quirk, no one got a negative quirk, and one of the levelers actually got his only negative quirk removed, so he's actually saner than new recruits.

Darkest Dungeon
How do I tell if my adventurers are overlevel?
The next two dungeon runs were either, the first one had no > 30% stress at the end and I had less than 5 Hp less than max total against a necromancer apprentice with general cruising through the level with no difficulty, and the second I had less stress than I started with with everyone who had more than 0 to start with, and those guys only had 5 stress.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9763 on: March 27, 2020, 02:14:03 pm »

How do I tell if my adventurers are overlevel?
The next two dungeon runs were either, the first one had no > 30% stress at the end and I had less than 5 Hp less than max total against a necromancer apprentice with general cruising through the level with no difficulty, and the second I had less stress than I started with with everyone who had more than 0 to start with, and those guys only had 5 stress.

They actually refuse to go to dungeons that they outrank, saying something along the lines of it being beneath them. (On the other hand, you can go to dungeons that they're really not prepared for, so... yeah.)

I believe T1 dungeons allow for ranks <4, T2 is <5, and T3 is <6.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9764 on: March 27, 2020, 03:07:38 pm »

Very happy, managed to pass the Frozen Horror scenario for the first time in Circadian Dice, unlocking the 9th scenario beaten item (still have a hard time with the scenario that comes just before, the "Ancient Tomb", too much cursing coming from monsters :D) , the "multivitamin" that description sounds to be very good choice for the ancien tomb problems i have.

It was with the elementalist class, even got 2 stars , i'm sure i could have reached a 3rd one but prefered to play for the win instead of the score for this attempt :)

If you're just playing to pass the scenarios right now, I've managed to beat all of them with a Barbarian using Fatecrafter's Tools and Onk's Lockpick; Chest Plate and Onk's Fist are solid choices for the third and fourth slot if the scenario allows for it.

Trapping a Tomb Wraith in the Tomb is handy too, as it makes cursed faces act like blocked faces... I lucked out and managed to have 5 faces on one die blocked: The sole open face had Reroll, 3xAxes and 2xHearts. Another die had either a Swift 2xHeart 2xShield or (less use) blue coins.

As for my own ownage in Circadian Dice:
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 03:36:47 pm by Aoi »
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-
Pages: 1 ... 649 650 [651] 652 653 ... 709