Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292541 times)

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #1830 on: October 25, 2013, 07:23:43 am »

Cleared the entire top lane with ADC Tristana and destroyed one of the inhibitors as well, both without any help from my teammates because Xerath went with Udyr in mid lane and Lux went with Jinx in bot lane. May have gotten zero kills and zero assists but Tristana didn't die a single time and managed to clear out 80 minions and make Trundle, Ryze and Shen run for their lives on several occasions.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: October 25, 2013, 11:03:00 am »

Over 100 straight wins at Freecell!

I officially have no life.

Blasted my way to the center of the galaxy and dove right into the galactic core, learning the secret to the meaning of life and going on a strange acid trip in the process.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Proudnerd

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING] [CAFFEINE _DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile
    • My writing profile
« Reply #1832 on: October 25, 2013, 11:55:16 am »

GTA online a few days ago: the mission where you need to infiltrate the skyscraper after climbing that long ass ladder and steal the blueprints

I was only rank 11 with my crappy SMG and light amour me and two other players rank 16 and rank 10 had tried climbing the ladder and died horribly both times from the lack of cover. another guy got the idea to use helis so we went to the helipad. one guy died soon after we landed and we got picked off.

Take three we take the helis. Other guy gets picked off again, he's like one rank below me. The other dude whos rank 16 or so helps me kill off the guys on the roof, we begin edging down the ramp and the second enemy down there kills him. I'm now by myself against enemies who vastly outclass me because they were balanced to higher rank. I creep down the ramp and slowly fight my way though the enemies, most of them need 6+ bullets to die I lose my armour in no time and I need to spend almost all my time in cover so I'm not killed. I finally make it to the briefcase and a chopper shows up loaded with mercs. I spend the next 5 minutes running from cover to cover inside the building trying to keep the walls between me and the ultra deadly chopper. I FINALLY managed to shoot it down with my SMG by hitting the pilot, even though its miles away and quickly run back up to the roof, get back in my chopper and fly to Lester. XBL message comes though saying I did a good job Mission done. Man that one felt good.
"Oi Urdim! Monom just died, can ye go fetch his old hand from the pile o' severed limbs?"
"Eh how am I supposed to know which one's his?"
"I dunno, just grab the one that stinks the least and throw it in."

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: October 25, 2013, 12:16:18 pm »

I killed a shadow dragon. Not one of those Monster Hunter style dragons, or a big dumb firebreathing dragon. No, this was a wicked smart, incredibly dangerous Shadow Dragon. They can level drain you with their BREATHE, and that's not even getting into the fact that they can cast spells and have natural weapons that are as good as most high level PC's gear. Best part was when he cast protection from magical weapons. No one in my party has any normal weapons but the mage and some arrows, and Minsc with his crossbow. They plinked away at it, while the rest of my party was wailing on it to no avail, or casting spells nonstop trying to prevent it's spell casting or lower it's resistance to magic. Finally, Nalia cast breach on it, dropping it's magic resistance, while it's PfMW wore off. My leader and Nalia killed it with repeated zweihander swings and magic missile, respectively. Glorious.

Firkraag... I'm coming for you...

Baldur's Gate 2
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: October 25, 2013, 01:38:46 pm »

Over 100 straight wins at Freecell!

I officially have no life.

Blasted my way to the center of the galaxy and dove right into the galactic core, learning the secret to the meaning of life and going on a strange acid trip in the process.

All of the above, man. All of the above.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: October 25, 2013, 02:25:27 pm »

Playing with self imposed permadeath, I found eleven fragments without ever touching a weapon.  Not that I didn't look for one, mind you, but I couldn't find any.  Now I'm taking a break, that was stressful.

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: October 25, 2013, 03:05:54 pm »

I killed a shadow dragon. Not one of those Monster Hunter style dragons, or a big dumb firebreathing dragon. No, this was a wicked smart, incredibly dangerous Shadow Dragon. They can level drain you with their BREATHE, and that's not even getting into the fact that they can cast spells and have natural weapons that are as good as most high level PC's gear. Best part was when he cast protection from magical weapons. No one in my party has any normal weapons but the mage and some arrows, and Minsc with his crossbow. They plinked away at it, while the rest of my party was wailing on it to no avail, or casting spells nonstop trying to prevent it's spell casting or lower it's resistance to magic. Finally, Nalia cast breach on it, dropping it's magic resistance, while it's PfMW wore off. My leader and Nalia killed it with repeated zweihander swings and magic missile, respectively. Glorious.

Baldur's Gate 2
A minor (extremely pedantic) note: Breach kills physical protection spells (knocking out PfMW and stoneskin), while lower resistance and pierce magic lower magic resistance.
EDIT: Pierce magic doesn't actually lower resistance. Pierce shield does, acting as a combo of lower resistance and pierce magic.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 08:32:26 pm by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: October 25, 2013, 03:37:35 pm »

Sank four destroyers in the span of about 8 seconds with a perfectly executed bombing run in an A-20 Havoc.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: October 25, 2013, 08:48:28 pm »

Baldur's Gate 2
A minor (extremely pedantic) note: Breach kills physical protection spells (knocking out PfMW and stoneskin), while lower resistance and pierce magic lower magic resistance.
EDIT: Pierce magic doesn't actually lower resistance. Pierce shield does, acting as a combo of lower resistance and pierce magic.

Derp. They're all so similar, with such similar icons, I often forget the difference.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: October 27, 2013, 02:43:16 am »

If you've played the game, this screenshot says it all. Three lieutenants, one Titan, and a maximum combo of 295 was all it took to get 3 medals on the Funhouse. I even dropped my combo (and took a few hits!), but thankfully that was after breaking a million points.

Not shown: the several times I took a hit at ~900,000 points, along with countless, countless other failed attempts that came nowhere close.  :)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: October 27, 2013, 07:54:49 am »

If you've played the game, this screenshot says it all. Three lieutenants, one Titan, and a maximum combo of 295 was all it took to get 3 medals on the Funhouse. I even dropped my combo (and took a few hits!), but thankfully that was after breaking a million points.

Not shown: the several times I took a hit at ~900,000 points, along with countless, countless other failed attempts that came nowhere close.  :)

See, the thing about that game was all the nonsense with the challenges after the game were played at the normal difficulty speed, so if you played through the story on hard you had a bit of an advantage because the enemies attack slower.

Admittedly, it's still bloody hard when you're trying to get massive combos (I always thought they should have had a Killer Instinct-esque "C-C-C-Combo Breaker!!" shout when that happened) and you're basically in the middle of a huge mass of enemies, each of which you need to take a different approach to beat up.

I quite enjoyed the fighting challenges. Less so for the stealth ones, probably took the same number of attempts for both things, but you get the joy of a combo counter going up and the satisfaction that you're dodging attacks and mixing things up with all the gadgetry. Never managed a perfect combo myself (using all gadgets) but I bloody well enjoyed trying heh.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: October 28, 2013, 10:16:21 pm »

Halted Stream Camp, Level 5.

pisskop forgot frenzy, missile magic, and a plan to deal with the bandit chief.

pisskop runs up to the overhead looking out over the mammoth processing area and trips the fire trap, killing bandit lackey number 1.

pisskop powerattacks magic wielding lackey number 2 for a one hit kill on his head.  Mace plus power plus head = melonpop.

pisskop panics at bandit chief wielding enchanted hammer.  Runs towards exit.  Triigers mammoth skull trap, trap hits chief.  Deadly traps .esp one shots bandit chief.  8)

That bandit chief is practically my Elder Scrolls series nemesis, mostly because of how greedy I am.  Ahh, Skyrim. . .
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: October 29, 2013, 03:11:46 am »

Paradropped behind an enemy tank from the tall center building, laid 3 charges of C4 and walked away slowly without it noticing me. Boom.

Cool guys don't look at explosions.

What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: October 29, 2013, 08:29:35 am »

Recently started playing a Demoknight in TF2. Once I picked it up, it became really fun. Run around one-shotting heavies. Then they all switch to engineer/scout, and I gotta pick something else. I hate scouts.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: October 29, 2013, 08:49:25 am »

Both teams are tied at 4-4, with only one kill required for either of them to win the match. We've both managed to separate into two 1v1 engagements after our teammate managed to distract their teammate, allowing us to turn the table on the Goldfish that's been pummelling us. We get a good rocket barrage in, disabling most of their machinery, and also managing to break their hull armor in the process. I notice, however, that our teammate's hull armour is down, too! And they're flying a relatively squishy Mobula. Our teammate's demise is imminent, and our Manticore has very lengthy reload time, which may not be fast enough to finish them off before they finish off our teammate.

Then I notice there's a mesa right behind them.

I draw breath, kick the engine into full, and yell "RAMMING SPEED!" at the top of my lungs. We quickly close the distance between our two ships, before colliding, causing the enemy Goldfish to smash into the cliff face, destroying it and securing our victory.

We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 709