Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292700 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #5175 on: November 28, 2015, 10:57:40 pm »

Went to Sovngarde, had a battle that would have given me legitimate entrance to Sovngarde had Sovngarde's front door not inexplicably locked itself to me right after the battle.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5176 on: November 28, 2015, 11:24:22 pm »

Walking through the deepest season of darkness, accidentally blundered into a Baba Yaga (yes, for some reason there are apparently more than one, and it seems more than three) and her entourage.  Proceeded to completely bluff a powerful banishing ritual that spooked her so badly she fled before she figured out the truth.

Lossmar

• Bay Watcher
  • Humanity Fuck Yeah !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5177 on: December 03, 2015, 02:58:01 pm »

Treehuggers caravan of two annoyed me so i ordered my only soldier to attack them.

Militia commander Blaster punched the male elf in the head so hard his head popped off in one shot.

How to cure gaming industry in couple easy steps :
1. Stop preordering games.
2. Stop hyping games that have nothing to show except pre-rendered hype trailer.
3. Always distrust corporations.
4. Always rage at criminal DLC , microtransactions, pre-order bonuses and other semi legal practices.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5178 on: December 03, 2015, 07:03:43 pm »

Accidentally pressed some buttons on my keyboard and messed up my monitor. After failing to fix it, I button mash out of frustration.

Monitor returns back to normal

Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #5179 on: December 03, 2015, 07:15:35 pm »

I never liked playing that game. The graphics were terrible.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5180 on: December 03, 2015, 07:49:31 pm »

IMO it could do with some FOV sliders, and a way to turn off that shitty depth of field that's always stuck too close.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

blazing glory

« Reply #5181 on: December 03, 2015, 08:57:44 pm »

IMO it could do with some FOV sliders, and a way to turn off that shitty depth of field that's always stuck too close.
It's way too grindy too, it takes years of playing before you can buy any of the good stuff.

At least the community is nice.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5182 on: December 03, 2015, 09:07:53 pm »

Depends on the server, really.

I beat the Rebel Flagship with Mantis A for the first time. I ended up supplementing my boarding tactics with a Vulcan for the late game, which, combined with Zoltan Shield Bypass and a fully upgraded Cloning Bay is basically the only reason I survived the Flagship with no cloaking and only three layers of shields. A is actually probably my favourite Mantis layout. B is better in most ways, but only has two crew, which makes the first few sectors a gigantic pain in the thorax[Anything which sets fire to the doors system basically means game over, since its right next to the O2 and Mantis are terrible at repairing things]. Still haven't won with that, although that was before you could do stuff like hack the Flagships' medbay to murder their crew handily with a boarding strategy. C is decent too, but you have to micromanage the suffocation your Lanius boarder causes to your own crew.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 01:26:57 am by Arcvasti »
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #5183 on: December 03, 2015, 09:15:35 pm »

The game is FTL, if anyone is wondering before the meteors come crashing down on Arcvasti.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5184 on: December 03, 2015, 09:16:00 pm »

I figured.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5185 on: December 03, 2015, 11:44:58 pm »

It's way too grindy too, it takes years of playing before you can buy any of the good stuff.

The pay to win bullshit in that game is outrageous.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5186 on: December 04, 2015, 02:30:29 am »

Beat X-Com: Final Mod with:
-Full global surveillance (AWACS-type craft fill in the gaps where all 10 bases couldn't reach, (Small and Large Radar, and a Hyper-wave decoder each base; with 3 hangars each base as aircraft checkpoints (at least 1 free hangar for relay-shipping of craft, and extending troop range for UFO raids)))
  =With a security base at Pearl Harbor (8 hangars filled with varied craft as a situation calls for, and enough storage to keep all ships fully-stocked, with some room for personnel security (in case of a Retaliation while the rookies are out)
-At least 16.5M in my bank before raiding Cydonia (after paying the monthly bill; before that, I had roughly 34M, monthly Mainainence was is enormous (Income = 16M-ish, and monthly expenses = 32M-ish), but worth every damn penny.)
-A devoted storage base fully loaded with an arsenal of alien weaponry (for emergency funding and restocking of weapons/ammo)
-4 bases with 2 of each devoted to research and manufacturing separately (when not making top-priority items, they've been pumping out low-cost/good-profit goods for sale; research bases split projects between weapons and alien life forms, until they were no longer a priority, then remaining low-cost research for one, high cost for the other)
-At least 2 bases were devoted to Alloy and Elerium Storage when over-stocked (Until I gambled on Fusion Ball tech, and nearly depleted a supply making ammo for my interceptors)
-Only lost one nation to the aliens (Brazil, and only because I didn't stop a base in time, and that happened during March)
-Most, if not all aliens (live and dead, with some Medic assistance) researched, including the more rare/unique visitors featured in the mod (like Ethereal Guardians and such).
-Minimal casualties (maybe a dozen losses; then again, I did some early save-scumming; later on, I just did PSI-Ops to spare lives)
-Aliens also suffered minimal casualties (<500 kills total; >thousands of stuns (way more profitable when you keep them alive; excess containment sells the live ones). MiBs were a slightly different case. Free Stormtrooper and Power armors, easy profit when fully-stocked. Spared/stunned/sold the useless, killed the armored for their suits.)
-Defeated Cydonia with a pacifist (or at least, non-lethal) victory (stunned everyone on the surface and underground, and destroyed the master brain)

And best of all

-I beat the game (mod) that's stated to take longer than 3 in-game months, and maybe longer than an in-game year (according to the mod makers) by Early November '99 with all of the above done.

This calls for some victory music

Up next: I'll become the real Terror From/Of The Deep. I might have to retro-fit the Pearl Harbor Base to be submarine operable. Same setup as before. Quick to build, and extremely useful, not to mention a hell of a strategic advantage point.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 03:17:05 am by Itnetlolor »

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5187 on: December 04, 2015, 02:44:33 am »

The pay to win bullshit in that game is outrageous.
  I've been told I'm near the middle of the campaign and I've yet to find a save point.....
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5188 on: December 04, 2015, 02:50:31 am »

Managed to get through Portent on classical difficulty with only 3/4 casualties!
I hate Portent now. I'm not used to classical-difficulty thinmen (for me, they used to be easier than sectoids, now they're COVER-IGNORER HUNTERS OF DOOOOOOM that I usually can't kill in one shot. Portent was something like my third or fourth mission this play through, and has already made me re-consider my self-imposed ironman stance. Instead I'm going with "savescumming to win council missions because fuck that"
The map itself doesn't help either. It's extremely hard (I wasn't even able to do it through all my tries) to position your entire squad to be able to fire at the first pod with activating something like 4 thin men at once. Thin men who enjoy murdering your squad without mercy.

Buut I did it! Finally! It only took 1 hour!

XCOM: Enemy Within.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

cider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5189 on: December 04, 2015, 04:17:41 am »

Ended up 17/1 with jungle Ymir. Now I need to change pants.

Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 709