Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 456 457 [458] 459 460 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1289456 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #6855 on: October 25, 2016, 12:56:50 pm »

But Skyrim stays on top and steals mouse focus, so I can't click anything on the task manager screen.
control alt delete, task manager, it'll have focus.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6856 on: October 25, 2016, 02:53:11 pm »

For games that refuse to give up focus:

Sometimes I have a game lock up and Alt+Tab won't work, Ctrl+Alt+Del will work, but only until you go back to the desktop and try to click something, then the game takes over again. On Win10 the solution is simple, hit Win+Tab and select a different desktop at the bottom of the screen (you may need to make one). Open task manager on this desktop and do what you need to do there, then switch back :)

This is only a problem with certain (rare) games. Most of the time Ctrl+Alt+Del is good enough.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Sir_Bovard

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6857 on: October 25, 2016, 03:10:08 pm »

I was battling the rebels as a stormtrooper on the planet Kashyyyk in the original Star Wars Battlefront II pc game, and I found a nice little high point with health and ammo supplier droids to snipe the rebel scum. I got 200 kills and 0 deaths during that session. This wasn't necessarily my "last" ownage. However it is certainly one of my best.
Sir_Bovard at your service!

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6858 on: October 25, 2016, 10:35:42 pm »

I was battling the rebels as a stormtrooper on the planet Kashyyyk in the original Star Wars Battlefront II pc game, and I found a nice little high point with health and ammo supplier droids to snipe the rebel scum. I got 200 kills and 0 deaths during that session. This wasn't necessarily my "last" ownage. However it is certainly one of my best.
At first I thought you misspelled the name of the planet, but after looking it up, I found that it does have 3 y's. Why.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6859 on: October 25, 2016, 10:38:04 pm »

For games that refuse to give up focus:

Sometimes I have a game lock up and Alt+Tab won't work, Ctrl+Alt+Del will work, but only until you go back to the desktop and try to click something, then the game takes over again. On Win10 the solution is simple, hit Win+Tab and select a different desktop at the bottom of the screen (you may need to make one). Open task manager on this desktop and do what you need to do there, then switch back :)

This is only a problem with certain (rare) games. Most of the time Ctrl+Alt+Del is good enough.

Holy crap, I didn't know Windows 10 let you have multiple desktops. It's a shame that that feature had to come with Windows 10, it's literally the only thing I miss about Linux.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6860 on: October 25, 2016, 11:11:15 pm »

At first I thought you misspelled the name of the planet, but after looking it up, I found that it does have 3 y's. Why.
This is the same fictional universe with a character named "Cad Bane", I stopped asking questions like that years ago.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6861 on: October 26, 2016, 08:51:38 am »

Turn seven lethal? Maybe if you're playing against a competitively viable class.

Spoiler: Me go face. (click to show/hide)

Hearthstone. FeelsPriestMan.

Edit:

Spoiler: The SMOrc never ends. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 08:57:04 am by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6862 on: October 27, 2016, 02:52:11 pm »

Tenshi is dunked. After like five tries, I finally managed to not fumble anything and just whittle her down with Cowrie Shell while Youmu endured endless Swords of Hisan.

And I got the Silver Weapon thing first try, by repeatedly exploding dolls in its face while it revved up its death fog.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6863 on: October 27, 2016, 03:55:31 pm »

Mossdeep City Gym was such an absurd cakewalk, I can't help but wonder if I super-trained my pokemon into OPness or if I just chose wisely. The unofficial combat log is as follows:

Sirus sends in Heracross and Sceptile.
Liza and Tate send in Solrock and Lunatone.

ROUND 1
Sceptile uses Mega Drain on Solrock. Solrock is in the red.
Heracross uses Megahorn on Solrock. Solrock is in the ded.
Lunatone uses Light Screen.

ROUND 2
Sceptile uses X-Scissor on Lunatone. Lunatone is in the red.
Heracross uses Brick Break on Lunatone. Light Screen is destroyed, as is Lunatone.

Battle over, badge get. I don't think I've ever beaten a gym leader in just two turns before.

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6864 on: October 27, 2016, 04:35:54 pm »

Mossdeep City Gym was such an absurd cakewalk, I can't help but wonder if I super-trained my pokemon into OPness or if I just chose wisely. The unofficial combat log is as follows:

Sirus sends in Heracross and Sceptile.
Liza and Tate send in Solrock and Lunatone.

ROUND 1
Sceptile uses Mega Drain on Solrock. Solrock is in the red.
Heracross uses Megahorn on Solrock. Solrock is in the ded.
Lunatone uses Light Screen.

ROUND 2
Sceptile uses X-Scissor on Lunatone. Lunatone is in the red.
Heracross uses Brick Break on Lunatone. Light Screen is destroyed, as is Lunatone.

Battle over, badge get. I don't think I've ever beaten a gym leader in just two turns before.

They were a lot tougher in R/S- their Lunatone and Solrock were a fair amount stronger than your team usually was at that point (historically, people tended to be in mid-to-late 30s with their two strong mons, and the wilds around there were no higher than 30 or so, and i believe the gym leaders' pokemon were 43 each?)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6865 on: October 27, 2016, 04:46:45 pm »

In my experience, your Pokemon seem to level up a lot faster in the remakes, even without grinding the Pokemon-amie. In my AS run currently just before entering Meteor Falls the first time, my team is >25, with my transferred Mawile around 34, and Floette and Marshtomp nearing 30. The only thing lower is the Sandshrew I just caught(replacing Mightyena who is that high). I'm actually getting worried that Mawile in particular will hit the current badge cap of 40 before I reach Flannery, causing disloyalty.

I'm not even bothering with wild encounters for the most part, just trainer battles.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6866 on: October 27, 2016, 07:35:07 pm »

I apparently broke the final mission, in that I snuck in and beat the boss without really fighting them.

Quite disappointing really.

Mafia III
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #6867 on: October 27, 2016, 08:31:36 pm »

What ending did you choose? I think that the player chooses the ending if I remember correctly.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6868 on: October 27, 2016, 08:35:32 pm »

I left.

And then laughed at Donovan.

I could look at the other ending too but I'd rather earn it I guess...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6869 on: October 29, 2016, 12:23:27 pm »

So, me and my party got involved in a pitched battle with the Poles. Well, I saw an army moving to intercept them and decided to get stuck in, too. Went quite well, ride close, shove a pistol up their nose and disengage. Repeat, while the infantry mops up.

For the last engagement, they'd set up a pretty nasty line of muskets, but for reasons best known to themselves, at the bottom of a hill. So, I broke off, rode in to flank them and drew their fire, dashing around behind them, dodging shots so my men could come over the crest and strike them from behind. Got a few knocks, but it worked. The infantry swamped them as they were occupied with me. Always quite the kick to hear a whole line of muskets fire at you.

Apparently, they'd captured the king, and he thanked me for the rescue before bogging off back to Königsberg. His disposition towards me is still just "cooperative" though. Just a thank you, no fief or title or some gold or anything at all. What the hell do I need to do to impress you, Kalle?! Hell, what does a condottieri have to do to get an estate these days? I'm swimming in gold, and I've got even more gathering interest in Viborg and Reval, I could probably fund the entire war by this point. I wish there was a way to just buy myself some land. I suppose I could capture an enemy hold on my own at this point, but I don't want to throw most of my army away just for the hold to go to Useless von Harenvärja the Halfwit instead of me.

Pages: 1 ... 456 457 [458] 459 460 ... 709