Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459] 460 461 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292961 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #6870 on: October 29, 2016, 08:31:35 pm »

Decided to end the run by seeing how long I could last until I died or ran out of ammo - no vehicles, no running into gun stores to buy more ammo, no running into an owned location to clear notoriety, no clothing(I'd been streaking earlier).

Over an hour later, I had basically given up trying to survive, and they still couldn't kill me. STAG's most serious threat was their laser tanks, since the only weapon I could really destroy them with was a Reaper Drone, which I ran out of. Their VTOL jets and transports were nothing against my handgun, which had explosive rounds. I'd also been getting assault rifle ammo from fallen STAG troopers, despite the fact the STAG assault rifle is a laser gun(mine wasn't). Not sure how that ammo was interchangeable.

At the end, I had maybe a hundred rounds each for the pistol, shotgun, and assault rifle, a few hundred rounds for the SMG(the D3TH Blossom is garbage), and a single giggling mind-controlling squidbomb. After losing dozens of men, jets, jeeps, and tanks while failing to kill a naked woman -
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #6871 on: October 29, 2016, 10:34:19 pm »

We ultimately lost the round, ending the match in a draw, but I think this still counts. We were on gorge event or something like that.

I went Engi and defended by the wide doorway leading to last, then rebuilt under one of the stairs leading to last when the first defenses were destroyed.

My sentry and my own guns netted me three dominations.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6872 on: October 29, 2016, 11:33:45 pm »

The game finally dropped me a Cowmangler, and I've been doing really quite well with it. Good fun.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6873 on: October 30, 2016, 02:39:23 am »

Cow Mangler 5000 best rocket launcher.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6874 on: October 30, 2016, 03:40:40 am »

only a shame that valve completely fucked the game with mym

want to play? hope you enjoy sitting in a queue for five minutes before being dropped into a game that's two seconds from ending! want to join your friend's game? nope! want to play against your friends? nope!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #6875 on: October 30, 2016, 09:03:18 am »

want to play? hope you enjoy sitting in a queue for five minutes before being dropped into a game that's two seconds from ending! want to join your friend's game? nope! want to play against your friends? nope!
Friend's game?
Friends? What Friends?

In any case, that's kind of not my actual experience with MyM. I'm usually dropped in at the start of the game/match, and while team balancing is no longer a thing (so if one team ragequits en masse that team will be in for a world of hurt), the game still works as normal.

Hell, you even run into a couple of good players (either on your team or the enemy's) every now and then.
I said earlier that I was pretty good with the shotguns in Team Fortress 2.
I can actually be pretty good with Scout, surprisingly, but I basically have to main Shortstop. Comboed with Mad Milk in case I or my teammates get set on fire because most pyros don't know how to airblast.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6876 on: November 01, 2016, 10:20:19 am »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6877 on: November 01, 2016, 05:58:26 pm »

Friend's game?
Friends? What Friends?

In any case, that's kind of not my actual experience with MyM. I'm usually dropped in at the start of the game/match, and while team balancing is no longer a thing (so if one team ragequits en masse that team will be in for a world of hurt), the game still works as normal.

Hell, you even run into a couple of good players (either on your team or the enemy's) every now and then.
I can actually be pretty good with Scout, surprisingly, but I basically have to main Shortstop. Comboed with Mad Milk in case I or my teammates get set on fire because most pyros don't know how to airblast.

It's been SEVERAL FUCKING MONTHS. casual is still a STRAIGHT DOWNGRADE to quickplay. You have to wait to get into a game, you can't play against your friends, it likes to drop you in shitty matches, autobalance can't fix anything, the rematch feature is shitty so you have to requeue after EVERY SINGLE GAME, I could go on. And for what? Casual contributes NOTHING that couldn't have been put into quickplay, but introduces a completely unneeded queue system.

Casual is shit and Valve should have reverted it. Mym was also disappointing in the competitive department, and this year's Scream Fortress was literally the same as last year and they STILL fucked it up. Valve is just ruining TF2, which makes me indescribably sad, because I have 1700 hours on it and it was one of my favourite games.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6878 on: November 01, 2016, 06:13:42 pm »

Valve is just ruining TF2, which makes me indescribably sad, because I have 1700 hours on it and it was one of my favourite games.

Amen to that brother.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6879 on: November 01, 2016, 11:44:26 pm »

Jerma and Ster jumped ship to Overwatch :(

(granted I love OW)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6880 on: November 01, 2016, 11:54:29 pm »

Jerma and Ster jumped ship to Overwatch :(

(granted I love OW)

It was inevitable
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6881 on: November 02, 2016, 01:32:43 am »

If OW had quickplay, I'd buy it. :P
Do... any games have good quickplay now?
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6882 on: November 02, 2016, 08:21:00 am »

Friend's game?
Friends? What Friends?

It's been SEVERAL FUCKING MONTHS. casual is still a STRAIGHT DOWNGRADE to quickplay. You have to wait to get into a game, you can't play against your friends, it likes to drop you in shitty matches, autobalance can't fix anything, the rematch feature is shitty so you have to requeue after EVERY SINGLE GAME, I could go on. And for what? Casual contributes NOTHING that couldn't have been put into quickplay, but introduces a completely unneeded queue system.

Casual is shit and Valve should have reverted it. Mym was also disappointing in the competitive department, and this year's Scream Fortress was literally the same as last year and they STILL fucked it up. Valve is just ruining TF2, which makes me indescribably sad, because I have 1700 hours on it and it was one of my favourite games.

Topical
I recorded that a coupla days ago.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #6883 on: November 02, 2016, 01:17:17 pm »

Huh, who woulda thought being able to move around invisible would be super good.  With a full team of 5 Hunters I was able to complete an entire mission without taking any damage.  This game is pretty good, even if the combat is just a re-skin of XCom's tactical combat.

MASSIVE CHALICE

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6884 on: November 03, 2016, 07:44:13 pm »

I beat Ornstein and Smough without rolling or blocking, at soul level one.

I've tried that fight at least a hundred times, maybe a couple hundred.  It wasn't flawless--I used seven flasks--and it was on NG, but damn it I can't stop smiling anyway.  I'm just really happy about this.

Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459] 460 461 ... 709