Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 546 547 [548] 549 550 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292996 times)

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #8205 on: November 30, 2017, 03:13:44 am »

Blue wasn't expecting me to bounce a plasma rifle shot off the wall into his head. Shame on him. 10 win-streak.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8206 on: November 30, 2017, 10:17:31 am »

It was the first blacksite mission. I had five guys drop in, one each from the three factions, a hackerman and a grenadier. Thw templar skulljacked an officer and brought an avatar into play. Now, I had done this before on my very first playthrough, summoning the avatar on the blacksite. What I didn't plan for was the assassin dropping in on the next turn. I should have figured, but I didn't.

Cue me taking out the avatar immediately, with the assassin running in and stabbing one of my guys. Luckily, she got in LoS of my Reaper, so she was permanently marked. I surrounded her and poured a whole batch of whoop ass on that bitch. The rest of the mission went fairly smooth, though I was worried for a brief moment

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8207 on: November 30, 2017, 05:41:05 pm »

So I was playing a mono-green big stompy creature deck while my opponent was playing a black/colorless deck focused on making me discard cards from my hand.

For many turns we were at a stalemate, as I had an Oran-Rief Hydra with many counters and trample, a mana-tapping Druid of the Cowl, a 4/2 crocodile token, and a Narnam Renegade with deathtouch while my opponent had two Thought-Knot Seers, a Reality Smasher, a Slaughter Drone with deathtouch, and a Deathbridge Shaman.

It was evident my opponent was starting to get the upper hand in terms of number of creatures on the board and I was running out of options as he kept forcing me to discard/exile from my hand, but at the same time he had used up his own hand so we were both top decking. My only advantage was that I had many lands on the board and my hydra was the biggest critter on the board.

With the situation looking dicey, I drew the card that would turn the match around:

Because my Oran-Rief Hydra had like twentysomething power, I was able to flood my hand with cards and use Cartouche of Strength to clear out the Slaughter Drone and return Trial of Strength to my hand so I could recast it to get another 4/2 croc on the board. I also cast Blossoming Defense to get some extra power on the hydra. After that it was just send in the hydra for some stomping. Good times.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 05:45:43 pm by Flying Carcass »

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8208 on: December 01, 2017, 05:05:02 pm »

Big stompies come through again!

So my opponent had me low on life with only two Druids of the Cowl, a 0/1 token, and a Nissa, Voice of Zendikar planeswalker on the board. Meawhile my opponent had an enchanted Skyhunter Skirmisher with double strike I couldn't block with my druids and a 1/1 token. With two turns until the skyhunter took me out, I opted to abandon the defense of my planeswalker and played an Explosive Vegetation sorcery to get two additional lands on the board.

My opponent killed my planeswalker and took me down to 1 life... and that's when I played Sandwurm Convergence.

Doing so negated the skyhunter threat and started filling the board with 5/5 creature tokens over the next few turns as I brought in some additional big stompy critters with which to stomp my way to victory. Good times.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8209 on: December 03, 2017, 06:38:21 pm »

Got the "Neighborhood Watch" achievement.

Spoiler: This requires (click to show/hide)

Much save-scumming occurred.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8210 on: December 03, 2017, 08:33:24 pm »

Kicked a Great Jaggi to death.

Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8211 on: December 03, 2017, 10:04:51 pm »

Finally got a working SSTO plane. As it turns out, Whiplash engines are the best for reaching the upper atmosphere, where R.A.P.I.E.R.s take over. Eight of each can push quite a large vessel. I was afraid that going nearly 1km/s below 10km ASL was going to break apart the craft, but it didn't.

I was going to see if I had fuel leftover for a pass at Minmus, but the game bugged out while I was trying to set the maneuver node, causing the ship to fire its engines at 40% for some reason. By the time I noticed, the oxidizer was all but gone.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8212 on: December 04, 2017, 01:55:39 am »

I couldn't resist and now I feel bad.  There were boomalopes downed on the ground for literally a day, with secondary explosions popping up whenever one would die.  A good chunk of the herd successfully fled but I still ended up with 3k boomalope meat and 600 boomalope leather.  I had to clear hundreds of potatos out of my walk-in freezer to make room for it all, and then I began using it to make preserved meal packets for my caravans.

In the end I got about 40 packets.  The rest were eaten (by animals, or colonists ignoring the forbid order, or the cook himself) or turned into pemmican which was then eaten whenever we ran low on meals.  About half the meat was finally lost when a monster heatwave caused the food in the freezer to spoil through 5 coolers.  At least we all have cowboy hats now.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #8213 on: December 04, 2017, 06:10:12 am »

Made it into gold ranks in Duelyst, after starting to play again two weeks into the season. Having played about four weeks of Duelyst total, and the last time I played was in January. Feels pretty good.

Duelyst, of course.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8214 on: December 04, 2017, 01:58:42 pm »

CONAN EXILES

Moved on from the southern oasis for the first time. A buddy and me are duo'ing on the dedicated server I'm running (Another own is spending 3 hours learning everything I needed to about dedicated servers and steam cmd).

We found a spot with lots of iron (our primary concern) but also 3 spawn points for black spiders. We fought off spiders (which at our level were almost guaranteed death if they bit us twice) on a nigh-constant basis while I built a shelter, and then expanded it to claim an entire valley.

This land is our land.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8215 on: December 04, 2017, 02:11:00 pm »

CONAN EXILES

Moved on from the southern oasis for the first time. A buddy and me are duo'ing on the dedicated server I'm running (Another own is spending 3 hours learning everything I needed to about dedicated servers and steam cmd).

We found a spot with lots of iron (our primary concern) but also 3 spawn points for black spiders. We fought off spiders (which at our level were almost guaranteed death if they bit us twice) on a nigh-constant basis while I built a shelter, and then expanded it to claim an entire valley.

This land is our land.

what is best in life?

wait until you get cracking on a wheel of pain to break some thralls, i have to stop myself from making thusla doom/james earl jones jokes or saying what is the riddle of steel?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 02:39:49 pm by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8216 on: December 04, 2017, 03:46:46 pm »

I dearly wish that I'd done a more formal write-up for this settlement. We started in an extreme desert, where an ancient highway met a river, and our first months were hell. There is hardly any arable land, just gravel where stone pillars meet sand. There is no wood, there is no animal life to hunt, none.

We were on a day left of food before the first raider attack. It was just one man They died to our guns, but we were poised to die regardless. Our potatoes were days from being grown, and there just weren't many other options for food.

So we butchered the raider and fed his remains to the nutrient paste machine- and so we survived a little longer.

Traders came after a time, and I hoped we might be able to recover enough to abandon the abhorrent needs of survival. Except the full moon rose, and one of the traders turned werewolf, as well as one of our own colonists.  Somehow, in the ensuing gun battle, the traders turned hostile. Our werewolf died. Their werewolf, and six of their caravaners died, before the remaining pair fled.

We didn't have time to purchase food from them- but they left so many bodies behind. So many delicious bodies. We butchered them all. We processed them into meals, we tanned their hides into leather, and we never looked back. Even when the potatoes came in and many colonists rejected cannibalism in favor of standard fare, we never stopped our practice of butchering those who dared cross us.

Now, we flourish were no civilization should flourish. We grow bamboo to build with, and have comfortable rooms. Water towers draw up fresh water for irrigation and sophisticated plumbing. Solar networks and fused batteries provide reliable power. Potatoes and long pig are staple foods, and we have both in enough abundance to support our colony and more. We built a temple from stone to the great god, dead but dreaming. At dawn and dusk we worship with fervent prayer and supplication- and sometimes, when the stars are right, we worship him with the flash of the knife.

The screenshot is recent, showing how happy our newest arrival is with the settlement.

We're a bizarrely nice place in the middle of the desert, and we've succeeded in peace talks with all our neighbors, we just sacrifice and eat anyone who happens to try to disturb our quiet life of agrarian contemplation.

Rimworld.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8217 on: December 04, 2017, 04:49:44 pm »

On the beach, decide to be stupid and try out my brand new iridium rod on people (the little girl to be specific). Land the hit perfectly, she stops skipping her rope and walks away while my character is frozen, holding the pole, not reacting as time continues to pass. Even the menu is disabled.

So uh, I broke the game I guess, that counts as owning :V

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8218 on: December 04, 2017, 07:24:18 pm »

CONAN EXILES

This land is our land.

what is best in life?

wait until you get cracking on a wheel of pain to break some thralls, i have to stop myself from making thusla doom/james earl jones jokes or saying what is the riddle of steel?

Oh we absolutely have. We found a priest of mitra without realizing that you cant put any old thrall on any old workstation. We have nothing to do with him so now we just have him in a box somewhere.

We told him that he killed our pets and THAT is what grieves us most. I don't think we have any pets. Aside from him now, that is.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8219 on: December 05, 2017, 12:38:33 am »

Recreated my old Argonian Assassin, HALT, and am currently fulfilling his destiny of becoming the greatest Dork Brotherhood member that the Iliac Bay has ever seen.

The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
Pages: 1 ... 546 547 [548] 549 550 ... 709