Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 698 699 [700] 701 702 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292617 times)

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #10485 on: May 12, 2023, 05:32:11 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Starsector
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10486 on: May 13, 2023, 11:24:19 am »

The mass of demons spawning from a fully upgrade infernal gate is so ridiculous, that it allowed my mere reinforcement caravans to kill my opponent's heroes with armies. Just hang back in the back of the map with the reinforcement units so they survive long enough for the Red Blob to have formed. It costs a metric ton of sulfur, but it is awesome.
Watching 5 hatchlings manage to win from the enemy highest level hero was hilarious.

The whole run was crazy. My hero picked up Mesmer's full set quite early (50% of summoned units become permanent), and Creativity gave me Summoning and Potency. I didn't need to recruit any more units after that. I had over a hundred mana elementals at the end of the game, and a good amount of various other elemental summons. All gold and rescources could go to a trading post to buy sulphur for the gate.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2023, 11:25:54 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10487 on: May 14, 2023, 02:57:01 pm »

A couple days-long(total play time about 12 hours) exploration trip about 1500 lightyears away from my base of operations. A few were First Discoveries, including one planet with a terraform-candidate ammonia world, a number of First Mapped(that is, already discovered, but nobody probed it with the Detailed Surface Scanner) and because I was making about a hundred jumps total round-trip, most systems were simply honked and moved on especially if they were already discovered. One system I discovered had a real prize, a pristine planetary ring with platinum hotspots.

Total income was 18,123,685 credits. Roughly the cost of the Asp Explorer I bought and outfitted for the trip, much of which on the fuel scoop for some reason(I don't think I needed a 5A scoop, given the cost). Yes, I probably could have made that much a lot faster running silver in my Type-7.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10488 on: May 19, 2023, 04:30:56 pm »

Survived a bear attack and the subsequent 5-6 wolves to the nearest indoor shelter, got the whole deer carcass though which is food for a while. It'll all rot, but at cooking 5 I'll have a good stockpile of rancid food to eat.

The Long Dark

anexiledone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10489 on: May 20, 2023, 11:59:40 am »

Not really owning like most of the posts in this thread, but I recently fired up Dynasty Warriors 5 on my PS2 I found while moving. Those games were designed in a way to make you feel like you own, and I love it

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10490 on: May 20, 2023, 12:04:21 pm »

That may have been the one I put most effort into. You could play as any character of a faction for the story missions, and I think it even had the silly Zhang faction you could unlock after doing all of the other ones, which had every character named Zhang in it working together.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10491 on: May 21, 2023, 10:17:36 pm »

The Sindrian Diktat had a bounty on pirates. Handily, they've also got a pirate base in their home system. However, I'd seen before (and, presumably, the reason why there was a bounty on pirates) that there were several large pirate fleets - large enough that I'd probably get my ass kicked - especially if I accidentally triggered them close enough together that they all joined in the fight.

So I did a bunch of black market trading on Sindria, the home world. This triggers a Sindrian patrol to chase after me, since they want to scan my fleet for contraband. I run that patrol all the way out to the pirate enclave, where the pirate fleets charge in at me. Luckily, my plan worked out, and when I got to the battle, I saw that there was a Sindrian battleship (as well as some smaller ships) supporting me. I immediately tell my fleet to hide behind the massive slab of metal, missiles, and blasters, and watch it swat the pirates out of the sky.

I didn't get full credit for the pirate kills, but I also didn't lose any ships, and got dibs on loads of salvage, a reputation boost with the Diktat, and a good amount of loot.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10492 on: May 22, 2023, 03:08:01 am »

The mass of demons spawning from a fully upgrade infernal gate is so ridiculous, that it allowed my mere reinforcement caravans to kill my opponent's heroes with armies. Just hang back in the back of the map with the reinforcement units so they survive long enough for the Red Blob to have formed. It costs a metric ton of sulfur, but it is awesome.
Watching 5 hatchlings manage to win from the enemy highest level hero was hilarious.

The whole run was crazy. My hero picked up Mesmer's full set quite early (50% of summoned units become permanent), and Creativity gave me Summoning and Potency. I didn't need to recruit any more units after that. I had over a hundred mana elementals at the end of the game, and a good amount of various other elemental summons. All gold and rescources could go to a trading post to buy sulphur for the gate.

Yeah, there is some pretty absurd stuff possible. For instance my last run had me get a mage with summoning 5 (which gives you summon spells and a buff to all summon spell power), level 4 of some spellcasting buff (it increases the strength of every spell you cast past the first and removes the cast time penalty for repeatedly casting the same spell), and echo 4 (which after a delay repeatedly casts any spells you cast at least once and up to like 4 times).

So if a normal person cast summon fire elemental you get like 5 fire elementals. Which is neat, but nothing impressive.
My mage would get 30 on the first cast, then a bonus 35, then 40. It should be fairly obvious, but 105 fire elementals for 11 mana trivializes pretty much every fight you actually get into. (More fun was the goblin+dragonslayer combo for 25 mana which summoned hundreds of goblins and buffed them so that they could kill even a dragon with 20 hits).

Now, having just one strong hero isn't *that* big a deal, but there were also cities with schools on the map that let you teach your weaker heroes skills from the stronger ones once a week.

That meant that every week I could recruit a generic new hero and take them from level 8->18 with the ability to solo any fight they ran into with only a token honor guard and a single spellcast.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10493 on: May 22, 2023, 02:59:14 pm »

I figured out seismic charge mining. Made over 7 million credits in a single 40-minute session. Would have made a lot more if I had a better ship for it. The AspX isn't that great, and I was only able to haul in 10 tons of Monazite... for over 7 million credits. Only took blowing up one asteroid to do it. Nearly killed myself, going from full shields to 60% hull because I was too close when I cooked the charges off. And then I went down to 50% from hitting a small rock on the way out.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10494 on: May 23, 2023, 02:46:00 am »

Pelio II was born to his father, Emir Pelio of Navarra. When he was 3 years old, his father died and he inherited his lands.

Unfortunately, he lost most of them to various holy wars, and was left with just the county of Rennes, in Brittany.
During his childhood, he discovered that his regent was embezzling his money, so he knocked the regent off the balcony and instated his mother as regent. She also started embezzling money, but was a bit more subtle about it.
As an adult, he was vassalized in another holy war by the duke of Normandy.

But he decided not to give up. He raised money and vaged holy war upon the norse pagans that plagued Brittany along with his former liege. He did not win the war, but only because the king of france waged the same war and won it instead. And then the king of France decided to give Pelio II the Duchy of Brittany.

Pelio was overjoyed. But he did not stop there. Now that he had some more lands and subjects, he warred against the norse pagans and the muslims of Hispania and England that claimed provinces in Brittany. And even against Aquitaine, when France split in three due to Gavelkind succession.

He joined the Dominican order, only to steal a Nail of the True Cross from them. He managed that, but was caught in the act by Cuddles, the lunatic bear, and expelled from the order.
He then joined the Benedictine order, and stayed in it until his death. He did break his vows of celibacy though, and became a hedonist instead.

When his first wife died, he married another, a young one. As it turned out, his first son died, so it was all good when a second was born.

Through warring, and some gifts from the kings of France, Pelio II became the arch-duke (duke of Brittany, Penthrive, and Upper Brittany) of all of Brittany. He also had 2 counties in Normandy and a count vassal in Corsica.

For some reason, kings of France really wanted him to become a commander, in spite of his terrible personal skill. But he preferred being their Chancellor.

He died fat and happy at the age of 77, and his son succeeded him on the throne at the age of 18.

The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10495 on: May 23, 2023, 04:09:18 pm »

I figured out seismic charge mining. Made over 7 million credits in a single 40-minute session. Would have made a lot more if I had a better ship for it. The AspX isn't that great, and I was only able to haul in 10 tons of Monazite... for over 7 million credits. Only took blowing up one asteroid to do it. Nearly killed myself, going from full shields to 60% hull because I was too close when I cooked the charges off. And then I went down to 50% from hitting a small rock on the way out.

Is this one of those games where ingame currency can be easily converted into your local currency?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10496 on: May 25, 2023, 12:23:59 am »

I killed an enemy Long, after they killed… soooo many of my followers, either directly or as a consequence of me using them to defend me.

Now I just need to make sure I don’t lose the game to being arrested, as I have 5 corpses and I think I already have damning evidence against me.

… I may have to murder the investigator.

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #10497 on: May 26, 2023, 08:41:04 am »

Sacrificed an absurd amount of Peewees (cheaper but fast to build tier 1 Kbots) from a lot of Kbot factories in order to give me room to get 3 Big Berthas and enough (in fact maybe i build too many of them :D ) energy reactors to allow them to fire regularly , then build a squad of awesome tier 3 Kbots (1 Raptor and 4 Cerberus MK2) that unleashed absolute hell on the enemy massive base and got me the victory.

Those tier 3 Kbots were so strong that i wonder how crazy the tier 4 Kbot must be then

« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 08:42:42 am by Robsoie »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10498 on: June 07, 2023, 05:44:49 pm »

The goddamn parkour levels. Some parts all but require some kind of glitch jump that I'm not quite sure how to trigger. I don't know how the developers expect you to be able to jump three times your height, but I managed it, including at one point without the glitch jump.

My arms are sore now. I wanted to play a few combat maps, but I can't really swing weapons after that.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10499 on: June 07, 2023, 09:59:17 pm »

I killed an enemy Long, after they killed… soooo many of my followers, either directly or as a consequence of me using them to defend me.

Now I just need to make sure I don’t lose the game to being arrested, as I have 5 corpses and I think I already have damning evidence against me.

… I may have to murder the investigator.

Every time I read "The Investigator" I'm now stuck thinking of The Expanse.

-it reaches out it reaches out it reaches out it reaches out it reaches out-
Pages: 1 ... 698 699 [700] 701 702 ... 709