Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 298

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1171006 times)

Desdichado

• Bay Watcher
  • The Anti-Zealot Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #915 on: June 08, 2011, 10:02:58 am »

Good spotting. Question partly answered, but actually, I'd like to know about item decay implementation in fort and adventure modes, as well.
"I have a puppy instead", which while maintaining a polite tone, is quiet, calculating character assassination against Toady. Do some of you not see it as such, backstabbing?

At least spell my name right.

Tov01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: June 08, 2011, 10:16:15 am »

Hey, I just thought of something. Since you are working on fleshing out cities now:

Will you also be putting back in non-human settlements and fleshing them out?

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: June 08, 2011, 10:32:32 am »

Those will be placed in general shops and warehouses for the time being. [...] The same should happen with extra food.
...general stores, absolutely ¤stuffed¤ with plump helmet stew and kitten roasts... Adventurers, rejoice! You just got *RESTAURANTS*!

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: June 08, 2011, 10:36:14 am »

Hey, I just thought of something. Since you are working on fleshing out cities now:

Short answer: unfortunately, no.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: June 08, 2011, 11:25:14 am »

Short answer: unfortunately, no.

Longer answer: no, but they are slated for the Army Arc. Toady wants to get cities and the economy working with some kind of stability before extending that to a world economy with crazy racial needs.

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
« Reply #920 on: June 08, 2011, 02:13:26 pm »

For anyone else who has problems reading the dark green question text (use limegreen!!), I have prepared a bookmarklet. It will change all green to limegreen. just copy and paste it to a new bookmark and click to fix a page.

Code: [Select]
javascript: x = new RegExp('(color: green;)', 'gi'); b = document.body.innerHTML; b = b.replace(x, 'color: limegreen;'); void(document.body.innerHTML = b);
Sample dark green text to test with.
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: June 09, 2011, 01:06:23 am »

The devlog has been pleasantly full of reportable progress lately.  A lot of time it seems like the work being done is background stuff that is important, but not really actively testable - nobody wants to hear that there is array somewhere that had its order flipped or something. 

It's nice when the progress is visibly humming along. 
where is up?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: June 09, 2011, 02:41:07 am »

Ummmm... Where is the devlog, anyway?

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: June 09, 2011, 02:45:33 am »

It's linked to in the first post in this thread.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: June 09, 2011, 03:14:39 am »

k, thanks!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: June 09, 2011, 04:11:10 am »

Bomrek Lokumlokum, King, has mandated the construction of a gemstone ball-pit.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #926 on: June 09, 2011, 07:27:01 am »

Bomrek Lokumlokum, King, has mandated the construction of a gemstone spitball ballista.

PlainTextMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Babbler
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: June 09, 2011, 10:19:12 am »

Quote from: Toady
The information stored there includes the source civilization, so a family could be the proud owners of a dwarven stone cabinet, for example, complete with dwarven artwork with the right materials, and the number of dwarven stone cabinets in the town would be the precise number that were traded in over the years.
YES

I don't know exactly why, but this is just somehow really awesome. Perhaps because it carries such an essence of Dwarvenness. Making really cool crafts, superiour to any other races', and then having them distributed as rarities in the world, reflecting dwarves' fondness of industry and craftsmanship :D

Ooh, and having your fortress' demand for cheap booze imports causing nearby towns to build a significant economy on it wouldn't be bad at all...

Of course, I think with the current value/economy system, there is a high risk of breaking the world by flooding it with pigtail socks and cheap stone crafts :(
So do suspecting that it would be a problem? Perhaps got any short term placeholders to help prevent that? (such as pop-size based limits of exports of certain items)

Bomrek Lokumlokum, King, has mandated the construction of a gemstone spitball ballista.
Hmmm... imagine strange moods, but with technically/!!science!!/megaproject -inclined authorities getting ideas for usable military or other artifacts that would otherwise not be commisionable by the player...
Quote from: Loud Whispers link=topic=95349.0
5. You haz rage and you must punch things, but you haz no arms. Pray to ARMOK - Dwarf Mantra
This is an exceptional Post, well crafted with paragraphs and encrusted with attempted punctuation, bad non-native-English-speaker glitches. May exhibit great insight and/or stupidity.
Quote from: Aramco link=topic=81421.msg2149268#msg2149268
I hate English. It may be my first language, but I hate it. It doesn't make any sense.

jimi12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: June 09, 2011, 04:17:25 pm »

Will people who are cursed as werebeasts know that they have killed people when they turn back to normal form? Will they be remorseful or get extra depressed if they know that they killed a loved one while a werebeast?

tfaal

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Ello, 'ello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: June 09, 2011, 05:36:45 pm »

Will people who are cursed as werebeasts know that they have killed people when they turn back to normal form? Will they be remorseful or get extra depressed if they know that they killed a loved one while a werebeast?
Worldgen figures don't have the capacity to become depressed or remorseful at the moment.
I still think that the whole fortress should be flooded with magma the moment you try dividing by zero.
This could be a handy way of teaching preschool children mathematics.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 298