Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 843100 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - Last Stop: Armageddon! (Succession Game)
« Reply #2475 on: October 07, 2012, 05:27:16 am »

Nah, it's great. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #2476 on: October 07, 2012, 08:09:13 am »

So, I managed to raid the archives, collect loads of good weaponry, and explore DG.

When I tried to fast travel, this happened ...

Of all the ways to die in A mode, that *has* to be a first.

I'm guessing my method of turning my dwarf into an adventure bugged up my copy of the save. I think I'll have to make a legit adventuer, raid DG, collect the weapons of lore, and kill that llama demon. I'll think about doing just that when I get back to PDX in ~6 hours.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: October 07, 2012, 10:14:49 am »

Anima, how goes progress on Operation Red Shield?  Unless it's been completely abandoned in favour of your own insane plan, that is.

Truthfully, I'm not entirely certain how to get the thing working or what it'll do.  But I'd like to use it to flood the area's around Lower Deathgate with magma.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

zapte

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: October 07, 2012, 12:17:07 pm »

After reading 165 pages of dwarven overseer history I'd like to say, that this is one of most epic community run fortresses I have read about.

I consider myself dwarf fortress novice (for now all my experiments in dwarven advanced science and engineering have ended with magma, steam baths, drowning and fun), so I tip my hat to all of you, who have imagined, designated and built some overly complex and mind boggling contraptions, that work for at least some time. Until someone comes and improves the design. Or digs another stairwell. Or aqueduct...

May Deathgate find it's end through fire and flames!

* zapte leaves to continue dwarven pet dragon training project...
You forgot to mention that If adamantine is revelaed for more then 2 years without being completely mined it all turns into galena. Useless, Useless Galena.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #2479 on: October 07, 2012, 06:12:50 pm »

So I gave up trying to use my dwarf wholesale, and did a "still alive" abandon on the fort which will let me get crap and prevent dwarfs and items from scattering. I also went and found the llama demon, and he's going to be a fucking pain to deal with. The blasted demon has a breath attack that throws frozen extract around, but my test adventurer didn't live long enough to see what it actually does.

After a bit of Z-z-z-z's, I'll get some updates up on Id's plan to subvert Operation Hellspawn and the surely epic battle to follow with that llama demon. (I suppose then canonically, there are two Id's. One in Deathgate, and one maiming stuff. I think I know how to deal with in the narrative. Bahaha).
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: October 07, 2012, 08:09:15 pm »

Anima, how goes progress on Operation Red Shield?  Unless it's been completely abandoned in favour of your own insane plan, that is.

Truthfully, I'm not entirely certain how to get the thing working or what it'll do.  But I'd like to use it to flood the area's around Lower Deathgate with magma.

It's a pumpstack that will flood upper Deathgate in magma.  Start from F7, then look north-east and up a few z-levels.  You'll be able to follow it.  There's notes around the BATTERY for how to start it.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: October 07, 2012, 11:54:24 pm »

God damn, the Hell Bunker sure got big!

I've used the dwarven [SPEED:0] tag to speed this process along.  Hopefully it should  shave some time off of my task here.

Also I found a one-armed mason starving to death in the new BATTEReY.  I've let him out.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 12:00:04 am by AnimaRytak »
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #2482 on: October 08, 2012, 04:39:34 am »

On a completely unrelated side note, I found a way that the red monster sword *can* be used, so I hope to have everything up for the adventure updates I've done sometime today-ish.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: October 08, 2012, 03:20:45 pm »

NCommander, if you manage to kill the llama demon king with the red monster sword, you will officially be the greatest hero ever.

You would just have to reload a pre-Eldes save so that the red monster sword still exists.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: October 08, 2012, 04:33:20 pm »

Well, before the two Eternals took it with them out of that dying world.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: October 08, 2012, 09:02:10 pm »

NCommander, if you manage to kill the llama demon king with the red monster sword, you will officially be the greatest hero ever.

You would just have to reload a pre-Eldes save so that the red monster sword still exists.

If NCommander becomes the greatest hero, does this mean the two of us will be destined to fight to the death?

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #2486 on: October 09, 2012, 04:12:46 am »

If NCommander becomes the greatest hero, does this mean the two of us will be destined to fight to the death?

I'll create an army of angels, you harvest the forces of evil, and we'll meet in a fort someday and have a battle that will be engraved in legends across the multiverse.

Incidently, I hit a huge snag :-/. I got an adventure into Deathgate (which wasn't easy due to a FB being teleported to the surface), just to find the red monster sword is MIA in the 778 save. Its present BEFORE though I change the mode to adventurer ...

*grumble*

I don't want to do a proper abandon because I'll have to eat a few hours of time searching for that blasted thing (though in A mode, it *does* set everything around it, like trees on fire just by bearing nearby). I'll work on this more tomorrow, but that llama demon WILL be on the recieving end of that red monster sword before I'm done.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: October 09, 2012, 07:10:58 pm »

So I had been reading this fort shortly after getting into DF and finding the forums, but before I finally joined.

After finding it's still going I had to catch up on it and voice my approval.  This fort is incredibly metal, as well as a side of crazy and featuring impossible Lovecraftian geometry and a murderous unknown ghost like something out of Poe's stuff.

Epic stories guys, both of the fort and the potential adventure popping up. Got some fantastic finales going on here! NCommander, if you manage to get that red monster sword and kill the llama demon with it I might just have to get off my lazy bum and make some engravings commemorating its awesomeness.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: October 10, 2012, 04:16:37 pm »

Minecarts will serve to make Deathgate II even worse better.

Speaking of, anyone remember that post about the minecart railgun? That would be AMAZING if it happened in DGII.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 175