Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 469 470 [471] 472 473 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261086 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.1 released!
« Reply #7050 on: December 10, 2011, 07:35:37 pm »

50 gold for a base level reforging.  That's half your shiny plat out the window~

I'm debating a mushroom farm using poison dart shooters.  If they clear grass, then they could be used to uproot mushrooms for you, not that it would be incredibly useful but you could set a mushroom farm on repeat and then run through to collect ~400 mushrooms - this seems to be the cap on items that are laying loose on the floor.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7051 on: December 10, 2011, 07:37:38 pm »

I broke out the invhack just to bypass the reforging cash-grind bullshit. I've currently spent over 150 plat getting less than a dozen items to godly/legendary/mythic/unreal, depending.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #7052 on: December 10, 2011, 07:43:32 pm »

Well, it's given a use to gold at least.  :P

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7053 on: December 10, 2011, 07:44:14 pm »

Just got the Ice Rod and holy shit it's awesome. It pretty much allows you to fly indefinitely, plus you can make blocks in mid-air, making aerial bases really easy!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7054 on: December 10, 2011, 07:48:59 pm »

Just got the Ice Rod and holy shit it's awesome. It pretty much allows you to fly indefinitely, plus you can make blocks in mid-air, making aerial bases really easy!
Its also a decent weapon if anything in the daytime starts attacking you (in the normal terrain, anyway)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7055 on: December 10, 2011, 07:52:45 pm »

I broke out the invhack just to bypass the reforging cash-grind bullshit. I've currently spent over 150 plat getting less than a dozen items to godly/legendary/mythic/unreal, depending.
I know, right? How dare they make the most powerful items in the game ultra expensive to upgrade even further beyond to the most possible maximum damage rare enhancement.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7056 on: December 10, 2011, 07:55:01 pm »

I know, right? How dare they make the most powerful items in the game ultra expensive to upgrade even further beyond to the most possible maximum damage rare enhancement.

And for purposes that can't be quantified beyond just the personal gratification of being completely badass.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7057 on: December 10, 2011, 08:03:56 pm »

And for purposes that can't be quantified beyond just the personal gratification of being completely badass.

Well, eff invhacking. Dual client duplicating is the way to go!

(actually, no. Invhacking is better, since if you're just going to multiply your items, you might as well DL the whole inventory editor thing and use it instead.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7058 on: December 10, 2011, 08:05:57 pm »

If they had done it in a more interesting way, I'd agree :P Put simple, the goblin needs to either do strict upgrades or the cost needs to be cut to about a 10th, maybe less. Alternately, recipes for each prefix, with low chance of half-ingredient-refund failure. That slot-pulling BS needs to stay with the slot machines and out of games, unless the impact is extremely frakking minor (which the prefixes aren't.).

The problem with the reforge thing is that to get the amount that I mentioned would take either a gratuitous amount of time of basically zero-risk, boring-as-fook, grind -- not sexy grind, like getting up the souls, but boring-ass grind of boredom -- or months and months of gameplay (not going to happen). I don't take that shit from roguelikes anymore, much less something like Terraria. Buggery thing stopped being an interesting mechanic years ago.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7059 on: December 10, 2011, 08:09:09 pm »

It would actually be better if the stats were procedurally generated, and the whatever mythical legendary indicator is used as a "level indicator" of the weapon, as well as determining the base stats of the weapon.

Simply put, no two legendaries will ever be the same.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7060 on: December 10, 2011, 09:46:55 pm »

Not only does a featherfall potion stop all falling damage (even when holding down to fall faster)

you can jump really high.
higher if you hold up.

I now have gotten to mythril armor.

Damn, you need a lot of adamantite. I came home with two stacks of ore, made the forge and could only get a breastplate.

Yar, getting adamantite bars is quite a chore. 5 ores per bar and you get 15-20 bits from each cluster... not to mention that adamantite clusters are 2/3 of cobalt/mythril cluster size.

I find the best way is to hang out in hell, then keep checking the ceiling.
Addy ore spawn is real low, and hell is a very safe place to find it.

I just need addy legs? I think.

plus chainsaw.

If they had done it in a more interesting way, I'd agree :P Put simple, the goblin needs to either do strict upgrades or the cost needs to be cut to about a 10th, maybe less. Alternately, recipes for each prefix, with low chance of half-ingredient-refund failure. That slot-pulling BS needs to stay with the slot machines and out of games, unless the impact is extremely frakking minor (which the prefixes aren't.).

The problem with the reforge thing is that to get the amount that I mentioned would take either a gratuitous amount of time of basically zero-risk, boring-as-fook, grind -- not sexy grind, like getting up the souls, but boring-ass grind of boredom -- or months and months of gameplay (not going to happen). I don't take that shit from roguelikes anymore, much less something like Terraria. Buggery thing stopped being an interesting mechanic years ago.

Alright, but the souls dropped by the destroyer are worth about 50g.

So you should be able to upgrade the cheaper weapons to legendary once per worm.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 09:54:57 pm by eerr »

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7061 on: December 10, 2011, 09:49:04 pm »

So, you wanted the reward without the work, cheated to get it, and now you're acting mad at the game? Seems like you already showed that horrible program who's boss by bypassing earning the rewards, what's the point in raging about it?
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #7062 on: December 10, 2011, 09:55:42 pm »

I don't think he's raging at it, he's just pointing out something he dislikes about the update.

I personally don't mind it, but I certainly wouldn't mind it becoming a bit more involved then press buttan, randomize weapon

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7063 on: December 10, 2011, 09:59:19 pm »

To me it really is a tacked on feature. Not to dis the effort, but they basically took all the item properties they singled out, then over did it with how many one enchantment will give you. They should have reserved the highest end enchants for random drops...otherwise you end up with the desire to do what someone did above.

With time and more item properties being added in, I can see the system getting a lot better. As it is, I only remember to waste money on enchanting when I'm bored and looking for something to do.

Also, why u no let me enchant you armorz?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Cerej

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7064 on: December 10, 2011, 10:06:46 pm »

Quote from: Darkmere
So, you wanted the reward without the work, cheated to get it, and now you're acting mad at the game? Seems like you already showed that horrible program who's boss by bypassing earning the rewards, what's the point in raging about it?
I think it's because he wanted the reward to require interesting work to get?  That seems to be his entire point, that upgrading your weapons could have been an interesting and involved process.  One that has measurable stages of progress as you reforge your Excalibur to legendary status.  Instead we got a slot machine that uses cash.  And earning money efficiently in Terraria is an incredibly boring process.
Pages: 1 ... 469 470 [471] 472 473 ... 887