Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 629 630 [631] 632 633 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254382 times)

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 coming out on October 1st
« Reply #9450 on: September 27, 2013, 03:48:46 pm »

Screw that. I'm starting up a new world which will be password protected. PM me for the password and do not share it.

Put me down as a maybe, as in maybe I'll send you a PM about it when I'm in the mood to play on your turf. I've got some personal reasons as to why I might not want to commit myself to playing on your server. Largely creative and sentimental ones, but they're valid enough for me to want to reconsider playing on your server.

Plus I won't be able to do much multiplayer until maybe Sunday, Monday or Wednesday because of some personal offline stuff and I'm kind of starting to get a little burnt out on Terraria. Once again, put me down as a maybe I'll send you a PM or maybe I'll figure out how to host a dedicated server of my own.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9451 on: September 27, 2013, 03:49:43 pm »

There is no way I am grinding for hours and hours and hours just to play multiplayer... Leave me out of this.

I'll just do something fun. Like not grind in terraria... such as... playing the game.

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9452 on: September 27, 2013, 04:01:05 pm »

Apparently nobody understands what 'please make a new character' and 'don't activate hardmode' means so I've shut the server down. Come 1.2 I'll be starting a new one not open to the public. Glad you guys felt it was amusing to fuck up the server, you won't be playing on the new one.

i wonder why there is no "require new character" options for serverhosts. (i guess there isnt). or as "world creation option".

if you connect to such a server/world it would force a new character creation and that character is then linked to that server/server-ip and can just be played on that server/world. and the server also saves that this character is new/linked and can play on it, if someone connects with this character another day etc.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9453 on: September 27, 2013, 04:03:07 pm »

Screw that. I'm starting up a new world which will be password protected. PM me for the password and do not share it.

Put me down as a maybe, as in maybe I'll send you a PM about it when I'm in the mood to play on your turf. I've got some personal reasons as to why I might not want to commit myself to playing on your server. Largely creative and sentimental ones, but they're valid enough for me to want to reconsider playing on your server.

Plus I won't be able to do much multiplayer until maybe Sunday, Monday or Wednesday because of some personal offline stuff and I'm kind of starting to get a little burnt out on Terraria. Once again, put me down as a maybe I'll send you a PM or maybe I'll figure out how to host a dedicated server of my own.
I don't understand what you mean regarding personal/creative reasons but I hope I haven't offended you or anyone else.

Still you'll always be welcome.

There is no way I am grinding for hours and hours and hours just to play multiplayer... Leave me out of this.

I'll just do something fun. Like not grind in terraria... such as... playing the game.
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.

Apparently nobody understands what 'please make a new character' and 'don't activate hardmode' means so I've shut the server down. Come 1.2 I'll be starting a new one not open to the public. Glad you guys felt it was amusing to fuck up the server, you won't be playing on the new one.

i wonder why there is no "require new character" options for serverhosts. (i guess there isnt). or as "world creation option".

if you connect to such a server/world it would force a new character creation and that character is then linked to that server/server-ip and can just be played on that server/world. and the server also saves that this character is new/linked and can play on it, if someone connects with this character another day etc.
This would require character inventories to be stored server side which isn't how the game was originally written. Its unfortunate.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9454 on: September 27, 2013, 04:27:13 pm »

Has the server IP changed? I'm thinking of getting a bit of a head-start on 1.2...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9455 on: September 27, 2013, 04:29:41 pm »

Has the server IP changed? I'm thinking of getting a bit of a head-start on 1.2...
IP is the same

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9456 on: September 27, 2013, 04:37:14 pm »

I mostly just decorate my mansion in Athelod - my personal world in Terraria - and build in other worlds. That's the main reason why I like Terraria - the building that can be done in it satisfies an itch that has been needing to be scratched for far too long. I like the exploration as well but I don't like leaving home without a magic mirror so it's kind of less desirable to explore in other people's worlds now that I've gotten used to having a magic mirror on hand at all times.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9457 on: September 27, 2013, 04:53:43 pm »

On a better note totalbiscuit and Jessie cox have restarted there terraira series.
YESSSSSS.
Sirus, I linked that video before forsaken started the server, before that post even. ::)
Must have missed it. Nothing against you, I just cannot the YouTube much these days so I tend to skip links to there.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9458 on: September 27, 2013, 04:54:29 pm »

... speaking of Yrimir, his latest preview video, of the snowcannon... confirms spiders on the surface >_>

Poor Tiruin. Nowhere is safe.

Would you rather watch an entertaining bunch of uncompetent yet charming(sometimes) fools or a quiet and boring professional that only occasionally remembers he is suppoused to talk over what he does?
Generally the latter, honestly. Incompetency is only really bearable when it's followed by improvement, at least in regards to gaming. Otherwise it just gets painful to watch, and not a good pain.
Hehe, indeed. ::::3

Anyway, I started watching the linked video, but I never even really got to the incompetence. I lost interest the second time they started going "WHO'S SELLING CLOTHES TO ZOMBIES?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!"

Yes, very funny. Very, very, very funny. The zombie is wearing a coat, and this is not something you can handle, because you are spastic and entertaining.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9459 on: September 27, 2013, 05:01:43 pm »

The incompetence is more in the previous series.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9460 on: September 27, 2013, 05:01:54 pm »

If I want incompetence in a Let's Play I'll watch some of jefmajor or Northernlion's earlier parts of some of their series. It's more amusing than listening to potatoes that want to be fire trucks ramble on about barrels and chairs.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9461 on: September 27, 2013, 05:57:48 pm »

CHIPPY WHY DIDNT YOU SHOW US THE FIGHT WITH CTHULUS DIRTY MIND!
Crack-a-lack-a

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #9462 on: September 27, 2013, 06:04:01 pm »

forsaken, can I get the password?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9463 on: September 27, 2013, 06:09:10 pm »

forsaken, can I get the password?
Does anyone know this person?

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #9464 on: September 27, 2013, 06:18:08 pm »

I'm in the dota2 group mostly now, I had to make a new account because I could not for the life of me remember what my password was for the last one like the one before that, I've been on b12 forums as one name or another for the better part of 7 years...
Pages: 1 ... 629 630 [631] 632 633 ... 887