Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 683 684 [685] 686 687 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261022 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 now out!
« Reply #10260 on: October 07, 2013, 06:53:59 pm »

Note to future self playthroughs. Make sure you have a hellstone pick before going hardmode. Trying to get the materials for one from scratch is an effort in futility.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10261 on: October 07, 2013, 07:03:06 pm »

Meteor armor doesn't have the same kind of raw armor you can get out of other sets, but that's normally the case for mage armors.  It boosts your general spellcasting ability and also, as mentioned, makes the space gun free.  The space gun may not seem like it does much damage, but it does that at a reasonably good pace, and the bolts are piercing.  Basically you only ever use it with the suit though, because with infinite ammo it gains a vast amount of actual usage.

You sure? My hell is pretty much half crimson half hollow and half my snow biome has pink ice all the way down.

I've been regularly checking a mapviewing program for the world I'm playing on along with a couple other guys.  The world has been actively running with hardmode active for a very long time now, and I still can't detect any noticeable growth on the images provided by the mapview program.  Furthermore, we've attempted "seeding" of various locales a few different times, with little to no result days later.  We've also partially-cleansed a couple crimson caverns (alliteration, woo!), and despite it still counting as a crimson biome with plenty of crimstone lying directly adjacent to the now-regular rock, no changes have been observed since we mucked with it.

Maybe it's an anomaly, maybe they only stopped the spread during multiplayer sessions (although I have run the map for moderate periods in singleplayer as well, mostly to yell at the witch doctor for not selling his full range during MP), but whatever the case it sure ain't spreading for us.

Edit: I only now noticed that we've two consumable buff food items. A cooked marshmallow and mushroom soup.
Has anybody actually seen a marshmallow?  I still haven't encountered one, and neither have any of the people I've asked on the server or on IRC about it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10262 on: October 07, 2013, 07:17:01 pm »

Merchant in a snow biome, apparently. The inventories on a few of the NPCs change depending on where they're housed, now.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10263 on: October 07, 2013, 07:23:27 pm »

Note to future self playthroughs. Make sure you have a hellstone pick before going hardmode. Trying to get the materials for one from scratch is an effort in futility.

LOLOLOL

upgraded to version 1.2.0.2, i hope they implement the steampunk wings soon, i saw them in the wiki and it would be a really cool to have them without using an inv editor....

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10264 on: October 07, 2013, 07:27:25 pm »

So, I just started a new game, and experienced the new Starfury. It's quite nice, being able to hit anything from a distance so as long as you're not obstructed. It does not consume mana anymore, and is actually a broadsword instead of a type of magic weapon that does no melee damage.

Then I lucked out and found a Book of Skulls. Damn thing is pretty sweet, being able to pierce enemies while being slow enough to knock them back for multiple hits. So I went to hell and defeated WoF, and lucked out on a magic weapon (laser rifle). I managed to find a wizard and bought a spellbook, went to the Crimson and farmed for Ichor, made Golden Shower, went to the dungeon and found (again) a copy of Magnet Sphere. Then I farmed Orichalcum and made an anvil, farmed Ectoplasm to make Spectre armor, and made the full set, all while not fighting a single hardmode boss.

Spectre Sphere/Shower is damn broken, and trivializes the Destroyer. Also creates a lot of lag, but seriously, if balance needs to be maintained, Spectre Armor should use Hallowed Bars too.

And I've yet to find Mr. Goblin Tinker.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #10265 on: October 07, 2013, 08:47:35 pm »

Today, spiders.

Tommorow, hell.

But seriously,

I had no idea they were in this game.

And they wouldn't stop coming.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10266 on: October 07, 2013, 09:10:01 pm »

There's at least... five? I think five. Different kinds of spiders. Jungle, two normal (one pre-HM -- web something -- one HM -- brown recluse), two(?) crimson (blood crawler, black recluse. Not actually sure the black recluse comes from crimson, though.). They're largely just reskins with somewhat different stats, though.

Incidentally, anyone got a screenie/name of that one crimson mob that can go stealth (/invisible)? I think it flies. S'not the gas-things... something else.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 09:13:19 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10267 on: October 07, 2013, 09:21:34 pm »

You have the jungle creeper in the jungle, the blood crawler in the crimson, the wall creeper pre-hardmode and the black recluse post-hardmode.

Blood crawlers drop vertebrae (which is quite odd, considering their composition, but who cares?!  They're awesome), black recluses have a chance to inflict Venom and a small chance of dropping the poison staff (quite decent).  Jungle creepers are just there to completely blend in with the background and bump into you.

Also, are you thinking of this charming fellow?: http://terraria.gamepedia.com/Pigron

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10268 on: October 07, 2013, 09:23:08 pm »

Ah ha, yeah, that's him. Ice biome, eh? Guess it was coming in from the surrounding biomes when I was farming ichor...
Ask not!
Ask!

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10269 on: October 07, 2013, 09:34:38 pm »

So, I just started a new game, and experienced the new Starfury. It's quite nice, being able to hit anything from a distance so as long as you're not obstructed. It does not consume mana anymore, and is actually a broadsword instead of a type of magic weapon that does no melee damage.

Then I lucked out and found a Book of Skulls. Damn thing is pretty sweet, being able to pierce enemies while being slow enough to knock them back for multiple hits. So I went to hell and defeated WoF, and lucked out on a magic weapon (laser rifle). I managed to find a wizard and bought a spellbook, went to the Crimson and farmed for Ichor, made Golden Shower, went to the dungeon and found (again) a copy of Magnet Sphere. Then I farmed Orichalcum and made an anvil, farmed Ectoplasm to make Spectre armor, and made the full set, all while not fighting a single hardmode boss.

Spectre Sphere/Shower is damn broken, and trivializes the Destroyer. Also creates a lot of lag, but seriously, if balance needs to be maintained, Spectre Armor should use Hallowed Bars too.

And I've yet to find Mr. Goblin Tinker.
have you defeated the goblin army?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10270 on: October 07, 2013, 09:44:04 pm »

I've been exploring the worlds and have found quite a bit. Yep, specter armor makes most boss fights trivial. I was setting up a hardmode boss arena (for the Destroyer) and Skeletron randomly showed up just as I finished. I beat him with the armor and magnet sphere. I killed the Destroyer the same way. However, I still can't manage to kill the Twins with them, especially because of the flamethrower and how often they move around.

The new things to find in worlds makes it fun to explore. I currently have mobility equipment just so I can go over the entire surface of a world in five minutes. I've also seen quite a few interesting things in the caves.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10271 on: October 07, 2013, 10:02:49 pm »

I've been exploring the worlds and have found quite a bit. Yep, specter armor makes most boss fights trivial. I was setting up a hardmode boss arena (for the Destroyer) and Skeletron randomly showed up just as I finished. I beat him with the armor and magnet sphere. I killed the Destroyer the same way. However, I still can't manage to kill the Twins with them, especially because of the flamethrower and how often they move around.

The new things to find in worlds makes it fun to explore. I currently have mobility equipment just so I can go over the entire surface of a world in five minutes. I've also seen quite a few interesting things in the caves.
Specter armor opens a lot of unusual cheese.  If you summon a pirate army and the destroyer, you can fire the raibow gun (or other piercing) through the pirates and destroyer, and gain HP from every hit.  Slime statues can also give you HP this way.  Combine with the combo philosopher's stone and band of regeneration, and the cross necklace, and don't forget the crystal ball, you can get some crazy stacks.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10272 on: October 07, 2013, 10:10:44 pm »

I don't think they were really thinking about balance when they made Spectre armor. Granted, Turtle + Vampire Knives is pretty damned good, but not quite as good as Spectre.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10273 on: October 07, 2013, 10:11:20 pm »

killed the eater of worlds for second time, also farmed 3 times the eye, shadow armor completed, crafted a new watch (platinum), found the goblin tinkerer while spelunking in an ice cave, reached 360 HP and made the breaker. i think im ready for skeletron what do you think?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10274 on: October 07, 2013, 10:15:50 pm »

You could probably kill 3 skeletrons at the same time with that setup.
Pages: 1 ... 683 684 [685] 686 687 ... 887