Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 684 685 [686] 687 688 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254421 times)

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 now out!
« Reply #10275 on: October 07, 2013, 10:55:27 pm »

You could probably kill 3 skeletrons at the same time with that setup.

killed me the first time, killed it the second, droppe a book of skulls, very cool power and the most powerfull weapon i have right now...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10276 on: October 07, 2013, 11:01:36 pm »

Edit: I only now noticed that we've two consumable buff food items. A cooked marshmallow and mushroom soup.
Has anybody actually seen a marshmallow?  I still haven't encountered one, and neither have any of the people I've asked on the server or on IRC about it.
Merchant in a snow biome, apparently. The inventories on a few of the NPCs change depending on where they're housed, now.
I was going to say 'I did and I'm wondering why you can't' but then Frumple came in. Thanks Frumple :D
And yeah, biomes affect what the NPC sells [ocean/jungle]. No, a corrupted biome doesn't help. [and only now did I notice that my whole township is on a snow biome. Woo.]

...And darn does a cooked marshmallow play to its name. 10 whole fun minutes by a burnt piece of...mallow on a stick, which requires an actual campfire. Just like mushroom soup, but without the anything else required but a fire.

That was a nice touch.

There's at least... five? I think five. Different kinds of spiders. Jungle, two normal (one pre-HM -- web something -- one HM -- brown recluse), two(?) crimson (blood crawler, black recluse. Not actually sure the black recluse comes from crimson, though.). They're largely just reskins with somewhat different stats, though.

Incidentally, anyone got a screenie/name of that one crimson mob that can go stealth (/invisible)? I think it flies. S'not the gas-things... something else.
I'm just darn GLAD that some spiders don't play to...the spiders which usually creep me out. The front 2 legs are extended, so they look more like giant ants than not.

Then the Blood Crawler. I'd love to think of it as a darn Tick, but nooooooo.

I'm GLAD THEY DON'T SHOOT WEBS. >__>

On this note: I've tested it once...it works.
And darn does it work.

Errm, where's the report bug feature to Terraria when you need it?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10277 on: October 07, 2013, 11:32:54 pm »

I would love for spiders to shot web.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10278 on: October 08, 2013, 05:00:40 am »

Gem grappling hooks? Huh. I did not know that was a thing. That seems like a very reasonable way to get that functionality early game.

Eh, I never thought so. 15 is quite a lot for the early game, you're going to have to dive to find enough of them to make one, and at that point you might as well camp skeletons in the cave until you get a hook (or you can kill piranha in the jungle but bats are annoying). A lot easier than finding a cluster or two of the same gem, unless you get lucky.

Unless the gem hook is better than the hook/chain. I didn't think to make one to find out.

NPCs providing different stocks in different biomes sounds pretty annoying. I don't want to have to set up tons of worlds to see all their inventory.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10279 on: October 08, 2013, 05:11:58 am »

I found a cluster of 10 sapphires basically as soon as I went underground.

Gems are pretty common throughout, and the hooks are perfect for someone who doesn't want to risk going to the Jungle or the deep underground for hooks.

Them not requiring chains is ridiculous though. And they might as well be used for tools and weapons too, if they're sharp enough to be used as grapples. I'd like me some diamond-tipped arrows. ^_^

We also need an alchemy station to transmute gems. Not just a bottle on a desk kind of alchemy station, but an actual one.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 05:14:00 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10280 on: October 08, 2013, 05:42:08 am »

You found 10 sapphires, but how long until you found another 5 to make the grapple?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10281 on: October 08, 2013, 06:00:28 am »

If I were actually searching the top layer, I'd have it by the second ingame day. I was too busy exploring sideways and building a town to really go spelunking until well after a week in, and by that point I'd forgotten about it, and focused on the underground. Got the hook at random while spelunking for platinum and never made that gem grapple.

I've got like half a hundred of each gem at least by now. Geodes are ridiculous.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10282 on: October 08, 2013, 09:21:15 am »

Okay, so hardmode dungeon is not really fucking around.  One does not simply waltz into it with mere hallowed armor.  Also, turtle shell drops are unfriendly low. 

Had a good bit of excitement in a throwaway hardmode world.  Blood moon starts, mirror back to base to see if I can get that werewolf drop and suddenly ... "The Twins have awoken!" 

Oh fuck. 

So I had the Twins, a fuckton of werewolves (plus the odd small and medium eyes, living armor, and the ghost things), and at some point I managed to fly high enough to grab the attention of a luck dragon. 

I am so glad ammo stacks to 999 now. 

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10283 on: October 08, 2013, 09:24:36 am »

Eh, I never thought so. 15 is quite a lot for the early game, you're going to have to dive to find enough of them to make one, and at that point you might as well camp skeletons in the cave until you get a hook (or you can kill piranha in the jungle but bats are annoying). A lot easier than finding a cluster or two of the same gem, unless you get lucky.
It's very nice on a multiplayer server, though, since often the miners will go off and do their own things, and they get consolidated and traded and whatnot.

Also, I have yet to see a single skeleton, so that's an issue. Perhaps because hardmode world probably.

NPCs providing different stocks in different biomes sounds pretty annoying. I don't want to have to set up tons of worlds to see all their inventory.
Uh... You can move them at will, you know. It's not... it's not really difficulty.

Speaking of which:
Forsaken! - Let us move NPCs! We don't want the merchant living in the treehouse!

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10284 on: October 08, 2013, 09:27:23 am »

Unnecessary. Just build a cheap, crappy house in the biome of choice and use the housing menu to assign X NPC there after dark. Run a couple screens away and the NPC will teleport to that house (only after dark), then do your business and reset them in town.

Also, you can make artificial mini-biomes just by having enough blocks of that type in the same place. It's pretty safe if you keep 3 NPC's around the area to stop spawns (so far, at least). Like this:

Spoiler: Shroom biome (click to show/hide)
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10285 on: October 08, 2013, 09:41:11 am »

The luck dragon is kind of a wuss, by the way. Explosive ammo with a decent gun just sorta murders it. Sure, hits hard and hard to avoid, but the three times I've fought one so far, all the mobility I needed was the lightning boots and cloud in a balloon, hanging on the vertical access rope of my ship.

So with the "Harpey" feather I got pre-hardmode, I now have harpy wings.

Which... is kinda odd. On one hand, they are great for vertical flight. On the other... my set of accessories gave me pretty much the same mobility before, sans the glide. I can't lose the lightning boots because superspeed. Losing the horseshoe balloon means needing to keep an eye out for the ground - can no longer fall with impunity - and no double jump, though that was often a hindrance. I suppose I can lose the obsidian shield since I have the obsidian water walkers, and knockback isn't that much of an issue... Or maybe just toss the mana flower and keep the mana topped up manually.

What I find odd is the lack of synergy between Lightning/Spectre/Rocket Boots and wings. Couldn't it be like the double-jump and rocket boots? First you multi-jump, then you use rockets, then you deploy wings and fly/glide - would have worked perfectly.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10286 on: October 08, 2013, 09:43:17 am »

i need to beat the goblin invasion to get the goblin tinkerer right?  i can make several goblin pendants. I know there is a cooldown period. is there any reason to farm this other than to get gold?
my eq consists of a gold sword, a spear (9 damage) and a total of 21 armor plus hermes boots and a fire resistance item. I have lots of heal potions, but not alot of other buffs. been selling for gold.

is this enough to take on the goblin invasion? If I can't beat it and die, does the invasion stay, so I can keep coming back and fighting it? i can always just dump my gold into my piggy bank? Im playing in easy mode.

how many hits with a gold sword does it take to kill a goblin?

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10287 on: October 08, 2013, 09:54:55 am »

also when you play multiplayer. can anyone pvp you and do you lose money?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10288 on: October 08, 2013, 10:07:34 am »

PvP is opt-in only. Whether you lose money depends on what mode your character is in. Softcore, the default, means you drop half you cash on death.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10289 on: October 08, 2013, 10:09:08 am »

You have to enable pvp, and it only works for different colored teams.
Pages: 1 ... 684 685 [686] 687 688 ... 887