Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 672 673 [674] 675 676 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254245 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 now out!
« Reply #10095 on: October 06, 2013, 11:45:31 am »

Why would one bomb the jungle?
Think it was mostly to see what kind of chlorophyte proliferation going hardmode causes. As per Gir's post, it turns out "not much, initially".

It was also to bomb the jungle, though. That was the whole of part of the reasoning.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10096 on: October 06, 2013, 11:47:51 am »

Dwarf Science.

"Ey we got some bombs.  Ey aint that a jungle over there?"

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10097 on: October 06, 2013, 12:00:07 pm »

So I got this game months and months ago, but never actually played it. Now that it's been updated I figured I should get into it. What the hell am I meant to be doing? :/
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10098 on: October 06, 2013, 12:03:26 pm »

Jesus, the Spectre set is so damn OP. Combined with a mana flower, you will pretty much never die.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10099 on: October 06, 2013, 12:04:23 pm »

Any Bay 12 servers?
Crack-a-lack-a

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10100 on: October 06, 2013, 12:05:22 pm »

So I got this game months and months ago, but never actually played it. Now that it's been updated I figured I should get into it. What the hell am I meant to be doing? :/
Looting, killing, building, in whatever your preferred order is.

Jesus, the Spectre set is so damn OP. Combined with a mana flower, you will pretty much never die.
You don't really need a mana flower, heh. With full mana and spectre armor, your regen is such that you can keep a magnet sphere and a steady stream of, say, inferno fork shots going pretty much indefinitely. And with those going indefinitely, you're pretty close to unkillable.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10101 on: October 06, 2013, 12:07:00 pm »

Or the mana cuffs, which synergizes so well it's silly.

Anyways, that's interesting about the chlorophyte...  Does this potentially mean we could start growing our own chlorophyte farms?  I'll have to try that and see what happens.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10102 on: October 06, 2013, 12:09:38 pm »

i have a problem with several aquifers in my world, is there a way to get rid of the water without having to mine straight to the underworld?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10103 on: October 06, 2013, 12:12:48 pm »

Any Bay 12 servers?
The cool kids hang out at my place in Kagus' server.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10104 on: October 06, 2013, 12:13:50 pm »

Buckets or pumps can get rid of water.  You might be better off trying to craft water-breathing potions, though, I believe they're a mushroom and a water flower, pretty easy.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10105 on: October 06, 2013, 12:27:40 pm »

Is that a whitelisted server?
Crack-a-lack-a

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #10106 on: October 06, 2013, 12:31:49 pm »

There is an order you are supposed to be doing things. First, just dig. Get some metals, make things.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10107 on: October 06, 2013, 12:36:26 pm »

Anyone know why I when I try to join servers, the server port number is greyed out even though I've typed in 7777?

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10108 on: October 06, 2013, 12:37:15 pm »

After seeing OdysseyGamez making Capture the Gem a thing again, I demand that we hold a B12 mini-tournament in CtG.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10109 on: October 06, 2013, 12:40:21 pm »

Hm. Turns out you can combine dyes. Fun.

I'm currently enjoying my status as a walking aircraft carrier, via the Beekeeper sword. Poor Brain of Cthulhu...

In other news, I believe I found a way to oodles of money. Like, large oodles, sans glitch, though requiring some handiwork, inventory space and preparation. Pre-hardmode though, I'm sure there are better ways to earn money later on.

Any of the potions made at the Imbuing station sell for 50 silver. Making any of those potions takes a Water Bottle, and five of the chosen supplementary material. Most of those materials are hard to get, at least in any decent number, except...

Confetti.

Sold for 1 silver apiece by the party girl.

Buy 300 confetti for 3 gold. Take 60 sand blocks, smelt, craft, and fill at any pond to get 60 water bottles for free.
Craft 60 Flasks of Party. Sell for 30 gold.

With the Sand Gun, that IIRC leaves sand blocks, there's even no need to go anywhere for the sand.

Also, I found a Lost Girl underground, and accidentally, well, killed her. There was a skeleton hopping around, and I didn't think to just ignore it, so I clipped her, then she got angry and died. Was there any other possible outcome or is the Nymph just an enemy like that?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 12:42:29 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 672 673 [674] 675 676 ... 887