Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 705 706 [707] 708 709 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254504 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Terraria - 1.2 now out!
« Reply #10590 on: October 12, 2013, 01:22:00 pm »

Could someone explain how surface mushroom biomes work? I'm in hardmode now, and I can't seem to find a clear answer.

Do I just need to get 5 quintillion seeds or something like that? Or is there a faster way? I've heard something about linking to the surface, and I've heard something about linking jungle, then mushroom to the surface? I know there's a Biome gun, but still.

I need answers.
Just put a bunch of mud on the surface and plant some mushroom grass seed things. It will spread and grow on its own.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10591 on: October 12, 2013, 01:23:49 pm »

Mushroom grass grows aboveground now.  It's still as slow as ever though, so you likely won't notice much growth for a while.  It does work, albeit slowly.

If you want a mushroom biome in a place of your choosing that is completely removed from the natural jungle, put down a bunch of mud, seed it with jungle seeds (which grow like wildfire), and then clentaminate it.  Fastest way I can think of.

However, in order to buy the solution used in spraying mushroom biomes, you first need to attract the Truffle...  Who will only move into a house that's located in a surface mushroom biome.  So if you don't have him, then just lay out a bunch of mud and seed it with mushroom grass seeds at regular intervals, and then go panel the hellevator while you wait for it to grow out.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10592 on: October 12, 2013, 01:32:45 pm »

Plant 4 or so seeds spread out on a flat strip maybe 30 mud tiles wide. It'll grow pretty fast. Once the background image changes to mushroom, which requires actual mushrooms growing on the mushroom grass, you know you're done.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10593 on: October 12, 2013, 01:59:13 pm »

Does anyone know if Red Ice spreads the Crimson? I assume the Crimson does spread, being an alternate Corruption, but I'm not sure if red ice will do the job or not.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10594 on: October 12, 2013, 02:27:52 pm »

Does anyone know if Red Ice spreads the Crimson? I assume the Crimson does spread, being an alternate Corruption, but I'm not sure if red ice will do the job or not.

It does.  Red ice spreads just fine, so long as it is actual bona fide red ice, and not just ice that's been painted red.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10595 on: October 12, 2013, 02:33:32 pm »

It does.  Red ice spreads just fine, so long as it is actual bona fide red ice, and not just ice that's been painted red.
It is actual bona fide red ice...so in the trash it goes :/
I was hoping to make a room out of the stuff, but I don't want to deal with it spreading.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10596 on: October 12, 2013, 02:35:29 pm »

But there's so much red in the crimson, it just makes perfect sense to harvest it for red paint! Is it really your fault if your paint turns everything red (That just makes it super-effective!) and causes horrible flesh monsters to start appearing? You've already got the customer's money at that point, and if they're murdered by horrible flesh monsters, well, that just means that they can't tell anyone that your paint spawns horrible flesh monsters! Hey, that makes the paint super-duper-effective, doesn't it?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10597 on: October 12, 2013, 02:58:57 pm »

PIERCING WEAPONS!
Crack-a-lack-a

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10598 on: October 12, 2013, 02:59:46 pm »

Hit it more. The Destroyer in particular is annihilated by the Dao of Pow.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10599 on: October 12, 2013, 03:09:29 pm »

Hit it more. The Destroyer in particular is annihilated by the Dao of Pow.
I already have that. I just don't know how to use it against him.
1. Build wooden platform bridge.
2. Summon Destroyer.
3. Step away from his attack and launch Dao of Pow through the longest stretch of body you can reach.
4. Rinse and repeat.

Remember that with the Dao of Pow you need to hold M1 down to get full extension on the chain, and that it will keep dangling if you let it. If you can set things up so that the Dao is on the ground and just hold it there while the Destroyer keeps running through it, all the better.

Or, if you can beat Skeletron Prime, just make a flamethrower.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10600 on: October 12, 2013, 03:11:50 pm »

You get him charging directly at you, then throw it straight at him before dodging. As the worm travels forward, the mace moves further back, hitting a bunch of segments. If you can take the hit from his head, you could just stand in place and throw the ball at your feet so the destroyer slams through it and takes a hit for each segment it has.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10601 on: October 12, 2013, 03:37:17 pm »

So, this world, the latest world that I made, the one with all the living wood trees I told you about? The one where I'm making my home into the Yggdrasil?

It's the most hilarious and dangerous thing a new world could have possibly become, for a new player.

Thankfully I brought that tungsten pick along.

So, what's hilarious about it?

Remember how I said, that the entirety of the surface Jungle is covered in Corruption?

Back then I hadn't actually explored it yet. I didn't know how true that phrase was.

So imagine a typical Large world. The Jungle starts some five screenwidths away from spawn, just beyond a hill and stretches for a good quarter of the map width.

The Corruption starts ten paces into the Jungle. And does not let go till the Jungle ends.

However, the Jungle is all mud and stone. Kind of the worst place for Corruption to be in, pre-Hardmode. But Corruption is persistent. And there is a lot of it.

What results is the single most broken biome you can get pre-Hardmode, I think.

The Jungle, and the Corruption, blended. Patches of rich mahogany and jungle weeds intermixed with shadowwood and chasms. All the intricate cave systems the Jungle generates, turned into ebonstone labyrinths. Chasms twenty screens deep, winding and branching. Maneaters reaching towards you through chasm walls. Jungle bats, jungle slimes, and pirahnas spawning alongside Eaters.

I can barely imagine what this place will be like once Hardmode starts. For a few days before the Corruption overtakes it all, at least.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10602 on: October 12, 2013, 03:43:39 pm »

Save it.  Preserve it in its natural state, and don't let hardmode ruin the innate, spiny beauty of it.

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10603 on: October 12, 2013, 04:28:33 pm »

please post the save for us to suffer enjoy. ;)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10604 on: October 12, 2013, 04:38:46 pm »

I'd already began to "terraform" it though. Broke a few shadow orbs, began my treebase, there's rope literally all over the place, and platforms in a few places.

I guess I could save a copy and toss any inappropriate loot out of my storage chests, but I don't think it'll be the same. Too bad I didn't back it up when I was just starting out.

I'll keep a backup of how it is now though, so I can upload it when I'm on a better connection and if there's still interest.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 705 706 [707] 708 709 ... 887