Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 707 708 [709] 710 711 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254461 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 now out!
« Reply #10620 on: October 12, 2013, 11:39:48 pm »

Dayum.
Black lives matter.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10621 on: October 13, 2013, 12:20:16 am »

Wow, it sounds like there is some sort of super hard mode after hardmode, what with all you guys talking about all these items I've never heard of before.

Also, I basically stop using anything else once I get the mana flower, crystal storm, and the mage to buy potions with.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10622 on: October 13, 2013, 12:22:10 am »

Wow, it sounds like there is some sort of super hard mode after hardmode, what with all you guys talking about all these items I've never heard of before.

Also, I basically stop using anything else once I get the mana flower, crystal storm, and the mage to buy potions with.
It's really just hard mode being added onto so hardmode is like progressing through the world in normal except more dying.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10623 on: October 13, 2013, 12:32:05 am »

Bleh, so much talk about weapon tiers. Spectre+Magnet beats all

*except the twins because they flee so fucking much*

In the mean time, I did find the Lihzahrd temple, and now plan to transfer its entirety to my base. Mwahahahaha! Also, they make the biome you are in into a jungle btw.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10624 on: October 13, 2013, 12:34:22 am »

Grah. Must have generated and explored half a dozen large worlds today, and not a single pyramid. I thought they were supposed to be near the surface, or even poking out of the ground, but I haven't seen a single sign of one.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10625 on: October 13, 2013, 12:37:00 am »

They're indeed supposed to be near the surface. Guess I must've lucked out because the first two worlds I generated had pyramids and had a pharaoh suit, flying carpet, and the other one a sandstorm bottle.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #10626 on: October 13, 2013, 12:39:17 am »

Grah. Must have generated and explored half a dozen large worlds today, and not a single pyramid. I thought they were supposed to be near the surface, or even poking out of the ground, but I haven't seen a single sign of one.
Generate world, load MoreTerra, examine world picture. Do that.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10627 on: October 13, 2013, 01:58:59 am »

Yeah, I had to generate around 14-16 worlds before I got a pyramid. It's kind of crazy. The sandstorm in a bottle, and the bundle of balloons (at least before wings, I *still* haven't gone to hardmode) are soooo good though.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10628 on: October 13, 2013, 02:14:12 am »

So, had fun working backwards from hardmode through normal mode today on the D1 hardmode server. Basically, what happens is you accomplish nothing due to dying constantly, until you figure out some trick to get hardmode weaponry super early, then armor, then you rape everything in normal mode that hadn't been hardmoded, all while dying regularly to randomly spawning Destroyers, Twins, and Skeletron Prime.
The breakthrough for me and Leo today was an ice golem farm that we got armor off of, then right around the same time I got a mushroom biome going and got a mushroom spear and Leo got an Ice staff, and we just steamrolled through the dungeon and hell. The night ended with us killing a randomly spawned Destroyer with essentially the same gear. It was amazing.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10629 on: October 13, 2013, 06:34:56 am »

I had a pyramid, and then a meteorite crashed right into the top of it.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10630 on: October 13, 2013, 08:08:37 am »

First thing to do in hardmode, wait till it rains and get a nimbus rod. Makes farming much easier, as you can build a wall and have it rain right past it.

The drop chance on these does NOT seem to be good - at least I've got some water candles now to help that along.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10631 on: October 13, 2013, 08:35:04 am »

The drop chance is miniscule until you get one, and then every third nimbus thereafter will drop a nimrod.  At least how it seems to be...

One thing of particular note is that they don't have knockback, so it can't really be used as a go-to weapon.  But for stationary farming with a couple walls, it's excellent.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10632 on: October 13, 2013, 08:38:32 am »

They... don't nimbus rods stack with crimson rods, too? So you could have three clouds out, albeit one doing a bit less damage.

Also, there's always tiki armor for low effort farming. If, uh. If you can kill planty, anyway.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #10633 on: October 13, 2013, 09:32:56 am »

Does bay12 have a terraria server?
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10634 on: October 13, 2013, 09:44:13 am »

Multiple, even.
Pages: 1 ... 707 708 [709] 710 711 ... 887