Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 872 873 [874] 875 876 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261232 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!
« Reply #13095 on: May 17, 2020, 07:39:03 am »

Eh, on a medium world I've noticed the occasional very mild performance issue, but so far it's been no worse than what it was prior to the update for me, especially if I was running a buncha' mods and things were getting crazy. Lag et al has been fine on my end, once I got the crashing on startup thing ironed out.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13096 on: May 17, 2020, 08:05:10 am »

The seed 5162020 apparently gives you a crimson/corruption world. You can also find Moon Lord legs in the seed.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13097 on: May 17, 2020, 08:19:20 am »

The seed 5162020 apparently gives you a crimson/corruption world. You can also find Moon Lord legs in the seed.
Some weird shit happens when you use that seed

https://i.imgur.com/QFGu2WE.gifv
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Using this seed on a large world resulted in dozens, perhaps more, of the large living wood trees in little clusters. It's kind of nice.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 08:27:48 am by forsaken1111 »

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #13098 on: May 17, 2020, 08:56:58 am »

The new Razer Chroma support sucks

There is no option in game to turn it off, and worse, it activates even if you have no Razer products. So, when playing Terraria my Corsair keyboard forcibly changes its lighting and there is no way to turn it off. People say you can disable it with Razer Synapse, but I don't have anything Razer in my system so...
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13099 on: May 17, 2020, 09:13:02 am »

Huh. Is it just me, or are pressure plates a lot harder to see now?
Ask not!
Ask!

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13100 on: May 17, 2020, 12:41:11 pm »

05162020 is just a special seed made by the devs for extra meme potencial. its the date of the release so they wanted to add some extra fun by adding a special map with drunken worldgen.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13101 on: May 17, 2020, 12:50:10 pm »

There is no option in game to turn it off, and worse, it activates even if you have no Razer products. So, when playing Terraria my Corsair keyboard forcibly changes its lighting and there is no way to turn it off. People say you can disable it with Razer Synapse, but I don't have anything Razer in my system so...
I too have this issue. I have a Logitech G710+ which has backlight but only monochrome. Every time I exit the game it turns the backlight off and I manually have to turn it back on to the setting I had before.

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13102 on: May 17, 2020, 12:59:23 pm »

The light on my Logitech mouse gets weird with Terraria, I wonder if that's related.
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #13103 on: May 17, 2020, 02:30:02 pm »

Gnomes are interesting.

I haven't let one hit me yet, so I'm not sure if they have a special attack.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 06:34:19 pm by 0x517A5D »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #13104 on: May 17, 2020, 04:53:14 pm »

What mods are people running these days? And is there a World Editor that's up to snuff with the latest update?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13105 on: May 17, 2020, 05:08:02 pm »

according to reddit, there may be more easter egg seeds for worlds. "not the bees" is an example.....

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13106 on: May 17, 2020, 07:01:38 pm »

What mods are people running these days?
all of them

... more seriously, uh. The mods aren't updated to the new patch, like, at all. Far as I'm aware nothing is, yet. Not even the modloader most of them are reliant on is, though it's now available as a steam app/terraria DLC that'll run the latest patch prior to this new one (so you can get working mods, but not mods working with the new patch), I think even with the base game updated to the new version.

All that said! The last batch I was running prior to the update looked like this in the enabled file:
I'm usually running one or two major content mods (calamity plus other stuff if I can work it in, just other stuff if other stuff + calamity = insufficient memory) at a minimum, some RPG mods, magic storage (major trouble going back to vanilla storage, now), vein miner (can't go back to vanilla mining anymore -- with the new patch I'm just blast mining in journey mode 'cause screw the vanilla mining experience holy shit), anti-social (busted balance wise but adds a lot of variety in what you can do with accessories, by dint of doubling the amount you can use, ahaha), start with base (bloody godsend that one, when you're running several major content mods -- trying to build houses for 40+ npcs is a small nightmare), auto-trash, max stack upgrade, shorter respawn time, fishing stuff, wing + boot slot (not balanced, also don't care), recipe browser/boss checklist (both super helpful when you got stupid amounts of content mods running)... I think that's kinda' my "base" loadout? If it looks like it's a lot that's because it is.

Then... whatever else I decide to shove into it all. Prior to noticing the 64x version of modloader I flatlined the game with insufficient memory issues a lot :P
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 07:03:58 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13107 on: May 17, 2020, 08:46:15 pm »

my go to ever since i discovered mods is Magic Storage, Thorium, Spirit Mod, Calamity and Overhaul......i also used to run Antiaris but it got discontinued, really sad tbh because that mod seemed to have potential for being the next big content mod around.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13108 on: May 17, 2020, 10:18:42 pm »

Content wise... thorium, calamity, redemption, sometimes pinky, always joost (mostly for the noclip hook, heh), usually fargos (often pretty OP even for calamity+ tier stuff, but a very nice "what do I do now" mod, plus some other nice utility), I think are the ones I keep coming back to, though I tend to rotate new stuff in occasionally. Usually Luiafk nowadays, too, it's great for telling some of the finicky/grindy parts to just sod off.

Never really liked spirit or overhaul all that much, tho'. First major mod smash I did was thorium/calamity/spirit, and spirit just felt kinda' lackluster in comparison to the other two...
Ask not!
Ask!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #13109 on: May 17, 2020, 10:19:41 pm »

I've never even finished vanilla Terraria's content, so, content mods really aren't what I'm in the market for. QoL mods and a good map editor are about all I need for the most part.

Now that I know Journey mode basically means "Have all the cheats turned on" I think I'll go back to vanilla mode. Is there any thing else in Journey mode besides Research, Duplication and starting items that differentiates from normal mode? Turns out I actually enjoy the progression and so being in full gold within the first 5 mins of the game isn't the speed at which I want to play it. I get all my building and what not done in the map editor, so for me researching and duplicating every item in the game is kinda...anti-fun.

Is there any way to limit the Journey control powers like Disabling Corruption spread? Or does every journey character have those abilities on every Journey server full stop?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 872 873 [874] 875 876 ... 887