Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1263184 times)

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #1050 on: July 05, 2011, 12:55:29 am »

I haven't read anything on Facepunch in about five or six years now, but even back then they struck me as irrationally aggressive.
A site that (from a literal view) is named after punching of faces would indeed tend to be irrationally aggressive.  :)
I've always thought of this from another perspective, like how some other sites make you *facepalm*. This one forces you to mutilate your face with its sheer shittiness.

But anyway, let's not make this a Facepunch thread. Even now they've gotten more attention than they deserve.

In attempt to rerail the thread, everyone post what would be the dumbest death of your character?

Mine was falling in a trap pit I made, while already being almost dead from running from a fungie horde.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 12:58:33 am by FunctionZero »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: July 05, 2011, 01:09:26 am »

Tried to fight a bear after reloading my mp3 player so I could have appropriate battle music.

It was only when I was on the verge of death that I realized that maybe I should have put it away before the battle and pulled out a better weapon...

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: July 05, 2011, 01:11:23 am »

Tried to fight a bear after reloading my mp3 player so I could have appropriate battle music.

It was only when I was on the verge of death that I realized that maybe I should have put it away before the battle and pulled out a better weapon...
"Taste Heavy Metal you goddamn bear!"

My stupidest death is walking into a large batch of Bear Traps with low perception "Oh look, that must be all of the tra-" *snap* "Fuck! Atleast theres a crossbow stashed in the mi-" *snap* "Fuuuuuuuck! Well atleast I ha-" *snap*
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: July 05, 2011, 01:15:22 am »

"Taste Heavy Metal you goddamn bear!"
Bear: "Metal! My only weakness! How did you know?!"

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: July 05, 2011, 05:51:10 am »

is possible to clean/reset/restart a world city map a the start of the game??

bug?? :

i have played a random character with the android trait.... but when i tried to use the power up... the game freeze....

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: July 05, 2011, 06:11:35 am »

Suggestion: Since sun glare is an actual effect, it seems almost criminal that there are no sunglasses.  Especially since you can get augmented vision, so then you can wear your sunglasses at night.

is possible to clean/reset/restart a world city map a the start of the game??

I just delete the folder and replace the game myself.  There's no option, but it's all stored in the "save" folder.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: July 05, 2011, 07:51:01 am »

https://github.com/downloads/headswe/Cataclysm/Cataclysm_win_SDL_1.3.6.zip release

Enjoy

Changelog
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Drevlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Geg Fortress
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: July 05, 2011, 08:16:29 am »

A question: using the map of the city the character is teleported into the chosen building, even if it has not been explored yet. Is a debug option or is a feature?

It would be handy if the game showed only the comestibles if I press 'E' or only the tool list if I press 'a'. Because now I always have to scroll through the (long) menu in order to find the right item.

Also, wearing a shirt, a rain cloak and a backpack encuber heavily the torso. Isn't it too much? I mean, I agree that the torso is encumbered, but not so much.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: July 05, 2011, 08:41:27 am »

Well, it'd be encumbered when it comes to fine movement, especially with a backpack offsetting your balance.
Also, 'a' can be used to eat stuff at the moment, and I'm sure some things can be applied that aren't tools.

Also, since we prolly aren't going to get an incursion like inventory system, and dropping a backpack on the spot can be a bit odd in-game, maybe we can have a mass drop option to simulate throwing a bag to the ground? Not sure if that's in or not, but I think it'd be a neat addition.

Also, did version 1.3.6 make the HP counter disappear again?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 09:03:35 am by chaoticag »

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile

Duane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: July 05, 2011, 09:47:22 am »

So, what defines death? I mean, I've cured the fungal infection but I still end up randomly getting game-overs as I'm walking. Bug, or disease?

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: July 05, 2011, 11:01:40 am »

Shit.

I think the lighter needs some kind of prompt. Something like "are you sure you want to burn your house down?"

A single miss-click, and it's all gone. :'(
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: July 05, 2011, 11:18:21 am »

Whales/Head:  Do you want Windows version backtraces posted here, PMed to you two, or something else?

Here's one here for now:  Escaping out of the @ got me this.  Hadn't left my house yet.

I'm following these steps for getting my traces, playing head's version 1.3.6a.

EDIT:  Also, I couldn't hit backspace in the name entry field in chargen, for some reason.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 11:20:25 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: July 05, 2011, 12:00:54 pm »

Whales/Head:  Do you want Windows version backtraces posted here, PMed to you two, or something else?

Here's one here for now:  Escaping out of the @ got me this.  Hadn't left my house yet.

I'm following these steps for getting my traces, playing head's version 1.3.6a.

EDIT:  Also, I couldn't hit backspace in the name entry field in chargen, for some reason.

Vista/Win7? if so run in admin.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: July 05, 2011, 12:02:41 pm »

Dur, forgot to mention that one.  It's XP (pro sp3).  Also 3 GHz Core 2 Duo with 4 GB RAM.

EDIT: Update:  For whatever reason, running it without GDB makes a difference.  Now, it doesn't crash when I leave the @ screen, but when I try to enter it a second time.   No trace on that crash, of course.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 12:26:49 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 777