Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448452 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #2160 on: September 23, 2012, 05:46:51 pm »

We need floodlights.
I wonderful if it's moddable.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

SP2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #2161 on: September 23, 2012, 05:49:23 pm »

I suppose this is relevant for floodlights.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: September 23, 2012, 06:01:09 pm »

Is it just me or are the extending/retracting ladders broken?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: September 23, 2012, 06:20:43 pm »

Yeah, nevermind; I'm retarded. Was trying to left click :P

EDIT: YES! I LANDED ON THE GODDAMN MOON AND SURVIVED! I don't have enough fuel to get back but I LANDED ON THE MOON!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 06:30:26 pm by Chattox »
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: September 23, 2012, 07:35:36 pm »

EDIT: let's wait till it's definitely working for 0.17.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 09:46:42 pm by Putnam »

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: September 23, 2012, 07:46:42 pm »

Because fuck logic. You have my applause.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: September 23, 2012, 09:21:57 pm »

You should upload that save.

On another note, anyone know how to make a plane that doesn't nosedive slowly when using ASAS?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: September 23, 2012, 11:14:16 pm »

You should upload that save.

On another note, anyone know how to make a plane that doesn't nosedive slowly when using ASAS?

make one that doesn't need ASAS at all?

I have a plane that, when you put full thrust and let go of the controls, will climb to 5000m, level out, and just keep going till it runs out of fuel, with the only change being a gain in altitude as it loses weight.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: September 23, 2012, 11:26:01 pm »

My planes are too small. If I let go of the conrtols, they flip over backwards, or crash into the ocean.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: September 23, 2012, 11:50:18 pm »

You just need to adjust the balance more.

Bigger planes also tend to be more stable, yes.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: September 24, 2012, 04:01:37 am »

Did they come home?

Sadly, just after finally getting all three kerbals on board and launching, it ran out of fuel about 1km above Duna....

working on a more powerful craft now, using separators to drop the top tanks first.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: September 24, 2012, 10:16:36 am »

Note-to-self: directly injecting toward duna makes the steering dv extremely low, but it is impossible to brake from the soi change and before the plant surface

:-X

Edit

Anyone knows how to save a scenario?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 02:49:19 pm by LoSboccacc »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: September 24, 2012, 05:00:08 pm »

Is there a way to have the orbital path projection show more than 1 orbit ahead?
I think it looks really awkward the way it is now.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: September 24, 2012, 05:23:31 pm »

There;s a variable in the settings text file in the game folder, something like "PATCHED CONICS LIMIT". change that from 2 to however many you want. personally i use 8.

Be warned, you have to have a pretty good idea of how patched conics works to understand what's going on there.
Magma is overrated.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: September 24, 2012, 06:35:12 pm »

There's a setting right below that one that changes how the conics are displayed. Here's a helpful youtube video where a guy goes through all the modes.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 848