Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 626 627 [628] 629 630 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448695 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

I crashed into the sun :(

Impressive. You have to really try to do that. It's quite costly in dV.

I was hoping to return with massive science, but somehow during the warp there, my orbit drifted downwards.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

I think Hyperedit has a utility where you can place craft on the surface. I think you need to land something there manually and bookmark the site first though.
You can supposedly have it land/drop craft on a location. I've found that that tool is very useful for making ships explode for no apparent reason.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Woo! Successfully performed an orbital 7-point docking maneuver!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Even more impressive, considering that heavy RCS tug on the end there is the only part of the structure with any sort of RCS thrusters, or even SAS systems.
Edit:

And, the second pair, with an in-progress docking.

So yeah. Now got a pair of hangar bays in space big enough to fit a couple Saturn Vs apiece. Eh, I'm sure I'll find a use for them eventually.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 11:46:54 pm by alway »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Here I was all proud of myself for doing my first ever no mechjeb rendezvous and docking and you do some amazing thing like docking 7 points at once.

I even did mine with a spaceplane.  But now I see I must go bigger.  Much bigger.  Clearly I need to do an 8 point docking!  Yes that's the trick!

....I may need a bigger space station.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

I captured an asteroid and am currently hollowing it out to make it a refueling and resupply base.

So far I have a kethane refinery and a small greenhouse (I am using TAC life support). Greenhouse is creating oxygen and food for me, using up water. I'll need to ship more water in.

Next addition will be a fuel hatch to use the 'hollowed out' space inside the rock as a fuel tank.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Greenhouse is creating oxygen and food for me, using up water.
Because water is totally used up when plants photosynthesize.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

...yes?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile

...yes?
The law of Conservation of Mass states that wouldn't be possible.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

No it doesn't. That's kind of how chemical reactions work.

Also, it's conservation of energy.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile

It's sunlight energy + water +co2 -> glucose + oxygen -> chemical energy + water + co2

But then the oxygen and carbon and hydrogen is used for other things too, like building structures, so you have to replace co2 and water.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...yes?
It can be recovered. It's temporarily locked up in the sugars and such produced, but respiration turns it back into water. Same with other things hydrogen and oxygen are used for It's why Earth still has oceans. If water was permanently vanished, we'd be out of it by now.
Sig

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

...yes?
It can be recovered. It's temporarily locked up in the sugars and such produced, but respiration turns it back into water. Same with other things hydrogen and oxygen are used for It's why Earth still has oceans. If water was permanently vanished, we'd be out of it by now.
You specified "in photosynthesis" though. If you'd said "when growing plants in a sealed environment" then it'd be fine.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile

I captured an asteroid and am currently hollowing it out to make it a refueling and resupply base.

So far I have a kethane refinery and a small greenhouse (I am using TAC life support). Greenhouse is creating oxygen and food for me, using up water. I'll need to ship more water in.

Next addition will be a fuel hatch to use the 'hollowed out' space inside the rock as a fuel tank.

Is this a mod? If so, which one? Hollowing out an asteroid sounds awesome.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Metalsoul212

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

http://i.imgur.com/uOqicyJ.gif
2 Stage water rocket, looks like someones been playing to much KSP!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Forums down for two days. Can't update mods. HNG!
Pages: 1 ... 626 627 [628] 629 630 ... 848