Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926717 times)

Eclectic Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Vinum Sabbathi
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #3090 on: September 19, 2013, 11:44:37 am »

SS13 is hardly a game anymore with al lthat serious roleplaying..
And calling the changeling anything like "The Thing" is a lie.
Black chant mirrors the song of the stars
Open the abyss dreamt from afar
Abominations drawn to our dimension
Feed black desires, aid human ascension

Mongol13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The mongols are and were cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: September 19, 2013, 11:53:35 am »

SS13 is hardly a game anymore with all that serious roleplaying...
There's a wide variety of servers with very different levels of role-play requirements. Did you only play on Baystation 12 or something?

Would you mind explaining why that is?
If Nyquil isn't meant to be abused, then why does it come with a shot glass?

My old account on this forum is klingon13524.

Robosaur

• Bay Watcher
  • [POOP:INORGANIC: NUCLEAR_BOMBS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: September 19, 2013, 11:56:20 am »

I want there to be an MMORPG where you make your character, and also a bunch of Contacts (allies, rivals, archnemesis), and then your contacts and other player will join you in turn based strategy battles against NPCs, your enemy contacts, or other players, while your contacts may assign quests to other players altogether. Your archnemesis might assign a quest to a player to take you down, and both will team up to destroy you on the field of battle, or your ally might assign a quest to a bunch of players to fight your archnemesis, while you're completely uninvolved. The rivals might fight you, but team up with you to destroy a larger foe
and if you don't want to make any contacts, then the game will create some as you play. Every quest giving NPC should be a player-made contact

Optional because it's impossible with current technology but it would also be really cool if the smartest-AI ever went and let you completely describe your character's appearance, biography, backstory, and personality, and then created suitable graphics, dialogue, and in-game abilities for them but that's not going to happen for a bajillion years
You are a terrible person and the sad truth is deep down you know it.

Eclectic Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Vinum Sabbathi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: September 19, 2013, 12:11:48 pm »

SS13 is hardly a game anymore with all that serious roleplaying...
There's a wide variety of servers with very different levels of role-play requirements. Did you only play on Baystation 12 or something?

Would you mind explaining why that is?

You CANT decapicitate and crawl away on your head.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 03:54:10 am by Eclectic Wizard »
Black chant mirrors the song of the stars
Open the abyss dreamt from afar
Abominations drawn to our dimension
Feed black desires, aid human ascension

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: September 19, 2013, 01:58:36 pm »

That is in The Thing too...
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #3095 on: September 19, 2013, 02:34:52 pm »

That is in The Thing too...
In gibbed anyways.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: September 19, 2013, 03:34:53 pm »

The real challenge would be one of the survivors.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: September 19, 2013, 04:56:33 pm »

Perhaps both would be the best?

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: September 19, 2013, 06:15:49 pm »

An MMO with aboveground terrain, networks of caves, and crazy dungeons scattered around. Procedurally generated. No instances, only one huge game world.

So you can enter a dungeon and tell when another player has been there from the debris. But because it's a living world the dungeon has probably repopulated with monsters - maybe different ones than were there before - and they've probably changed the dungeon! Orcs build crappy wooden structures, goblins build traps, spiders create huge webs, animals scatter bones and twigs everywhere and leave droppings. Heck, everybody leaves droppings.

No loading screens.

Basically I want Minecraft to generate better things :/ and allow for thousands of concurrent players.

I know there are mods out there. Guess I should really dig around and find some good ones. I just keep seeing mods that add forest animals but they're super duper common and it's like they're all gathering to help Snow White, or mods that add some new manufacturing but you just jump through obscene hoops and the end reward is super-powered equipment.

I'd rather see a mod that adds wind, conserves water, and creates ripples and river currents. I'd get more out of that than some nanofiber armor.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: September 19, 2013, 06:26:06 pm »

An MMO with aboveground terrain, networks of caves, and crazy dungeons scattered around. Procedurally generated. No instances, only one huge game world.

So you can enter a dungeon and tell when another player has been there from the debris. But because it's a living world the dungeon has probably repopulated with monsters - maybe different ones than were there before - and they've probably changed the dungeon! Orcs build crappy wooden structures, goblins build traps, spiders create huge webs, animals scatter bones and twigs everywhere and leave droppings. Heck, everybody leaves droppings.

No loading screens.
I want there to be an MMORPG where you make your character, and also a bunch of Contacts (allies, rivals, archnemesis), and then your contacts and other player will join you in turn based strategy battles against NPCs, your enemy contacts, or other players, while your contacts may assign quests to other players altogether. Your archnemesis might assign a quest to a player to take you down, and both will team up to destroy you on the field of battle, or your ally might assign a quest to a bunch of players to fight your archnemesis, while you're completely uninvolved. The rivals might fight you, but team up with you to destroy a larger foe
and if you don't want to make any contacts, then the game will create some as you play. Every quest giving NPC should be a player-made contact

The combination of these two ideas is something I would make if I could make games and knew code.

I wanted a game where the land was barren, but if players would team up and form guilds, or kingdoms or whatever, then they could create a main hall, and would then be able to build more buildings around it, creating a town, so that every town in the game was player made, and you could hire npc's to run things like shops. (since no NPC's would be around at the start, you would build a house, and that would add like half a dozen or so NPC's that could work for the guild.)
And then you could make peace with other guilds, and build roads between the towns, or wage war, probably with the help of some more controllable NPC warriors.

So every aspect of the game, apart from monsters, would be player controlled.
And you'd probably be able to take over monster lairs if you played as an evil character or something.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: September 19, 2013, 08:32:53 pm »

Minecraft, but with a more realistic physics system.

No more floating blocks, bridges need supports in order to not collapse (and blowing up a support can collapse part the bridge). Wind smulation that makes building block sail ships possible, along with providing some difficulty in building skyscrapers. Proper fluid simulation, proper electrical simulation (building hydroelectric power plants should be possible).
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: September 19, 2013, 10:04:35 pm »

The multiplayer from Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, but the gameplay and setting of Hitman. There'd have to be some allowances- disguises would have to be complete instead of just 47 in a costume, for one. Imagine how cool the Japan levels from Silent Assassin would be if the snipers weren't aimbots :P
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Geneoce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: September 19, 2013, 11:03:53 pm »

The real challenge would be one of the survivors.

See it wouldnt though. Early, like the first kill, yeah it would be hard for them. But later? when there charging around with wielders, thermite grenades and ice burners as well as testing everyone slightly suspicious and going on witchhunts at the slightest hint of you being an imitation it would be very hard for The Thing to do its thing.

When the number of survivors is low of course you could just rupture and bumrush them but still, mid game would be fucking awesome.

In my mind atleast...
I don't care that the vacuum people are promising a blowjob machine in the future. I'll buy it then if they ever deliver.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: September 19, 2013, 11:13:40 pm »

I'd like a The Thing game where you could play as one of the researchers or the Thing.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: September 20, 2013, 12:34:55 am »

I havn't played The Last of us, so please excuse any inaccuracies.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 12:50:08 am by Leonon »
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 577