Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929577 times)

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #3270 on: October 25, 2013, 02:27:20 pm »

The Wii U gimmicks are actually fun, but when you think about it someone could code a PC game that uses an iPad/Galaxy tablet to do the same thing.

EDIT: You know what would actually be pretty fucking awesome? If they made an Avatar: The Last Airbender game for Kinect. Just imagine the possibilities...

Kinect is pretty much entirely possibilities, no content.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: October 25, 2013, 02:30:27 pm »

The Wii U gimmicks are actually fun, but when you think about it someone could code a PC game that uses an iPad/Galaxy tablet to do the same thing.

EDIT: You know what would actually be pretty fucking awesome? If they made an Avatar: The Last Airbender game for Kinect. Just imagine the possibilities...

Kinect is pretty much entirely possibilities, no content.

Yes, like the Wii they made like 2 dancing games and a sports one, then a horror one, and then forced Rare to make umpteen more dancing and sports ones. Oh, there was a lightsaber one but that's all that's been realized so far. More possibilities have been realized by the people who hacked Kinect. Kinect minecraft, anyone?

Anyway, if Microsoft or Nickgames would just put their foot forward, I would totally buy a bending game.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: October 25, 2013, 02:49:49 pm »

Some IPs would lend themselves very well to genres they never were seen in before.
As in...

A Pokemon MOBA. Come on, it has everything it needs! Technically.
Or a DC Comics/Marvel MOBA.
Or a turn-based Pokemon strategy in the lieu of Heroes of Might and Magic. (I even made something about it somewhere, but never got around to updating it.)

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: October 25, 2013, 02:59:19 pm »

Some IPs would lend themselves very well to genres they never were seen in before.
As in...

Or a turn-based Pokemon strategy in the lieu of Heroes of Might and Magic. (I even made something about it somewhere, but never got around to updating it.)

No no no no no no no

"In lieu" means "instead", not "in style". I see a lot of people making this mistake, and I can't take it any more.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: October 25, 2013, 03:09:12 pm »

As in...

No no no no no no no

"In lieu" means "instead", not "in style". I see a lot of people making this mistake, and I can't take it any more.

Well, you learn something new every day.
(I hardly ever use this term anyway.)

Still though, games like those I mentioned would be at least fun to see - whether they'd actually be good is another matter altogether, but in this thread we're looking at the best case scenarios. :D

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3275 on: October 25, 2013, 03:11:03 pm »

As in...

No no no no no no no

And that's also where the word "Lieutenant" comes from. They're the tenant in lieu of who's actually in charge.

THE EVEN MORE YOU KNOW
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: October 25, 2013, 04:38:56 pm »

As in...

There's a DC Comics MOBA coming out right now called "Infinite Crisis"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: October 25, 2013, 04:40:25 pm »

As in...

No no no no no no no

I have never seen that mistake before.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: October 25, 2013, 05:10:36 pm »

Neither have I. But the fact that you all brought up all the points I was going to make just warms my heart.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: October 25, 2013, 06:16:23 pm »

A game that combines the minion-loot/armor system from overlord with customization and large multiplayer servers.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: October 25, 2013, 06:42:25 pm »

A Matrix game where one player is the hacker, a team of players is inside the Matrix and the other team is made up of Agents. The hacker sees an overhead view of what's going on and has to use (greatly simplified) terminal commands to assist their team by generating items, triggering electronic devices and altering the map's terrain. Meanwhile, the Agents have all of their strength/agility from the movies, and the people inside the Matrix are just regular shmoes who know kung-fu and have a ton of guns.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: October 25, 2013, 07:17:46 pm »

A Matrix game where one player is the hacker, a team of players is inside the Matrix and the other team is made up of Agents. The hacker sees an overhead view of what's going on and has to use (greatly simplified) terminal commands to assist their team by generating items, triggering electronic devices and altering the map's terrain. Meanwhile, the Agents have all of their strength/agility from the movies, and the people inside the Matrix are just regular shmoes who know kung-fu and have a ton of guns.
rm -f agents.exe

That would actually be a neat game.  Are there any other games that have that general principal?
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: October 25, 2013, 07:28:06 pm »

rm -f agents.exe

That would actually be a neat game.  Are there any other games that have that general principal?

None that I know of. The kind of cross-play I'm talking about is planned for Dust 541 and E.V.E Online, but AFAIK it's not actually implemented yet.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: October 25, 2013, 07:34:11 pm »

Also speaking of popular franchises reimagined in new genres, I want Metroid RTT/RTS. I would envision it working best more like the former in terms of unit quantity, but with some of the base-building/resource-harvesting aspects of the latter. Send out your little squads of space pirates to capture metroids and stuff.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Robosaur

• Bay Watcher
  • [POOP:INORGANIC: NUCLEAR_BOMBS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: October 25, 2013, 08:01:27 pm »

It exists. Infinite Crisis.
You are a terrible person and the sad truth is deep down you know it.
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 577