Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926702 times)

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #3315 on: November 02, 2013, 08:10:14 pm »

A very simple game, You simply put, Have to go and take the staff, the staff is the ONLY way to become A wizard, wizards are more powerful then gods, Can raze kingdoms and Planets alike, and the staff, Is found, int he center of. the. galaxy, you must race with your fellow competition on both your planet and several others, and it mostly becomes A RPG game, though the may you become sort of A "apprentice" with technology and fake magic.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: November 02, 2013, 08:31:25 pm »

Here's one.

You are a robot composed mostly of industrial equipment. You are floating adrift in space. You are sentient.

Collect materials from asteroids to upgrade yourself. Gain the ability to get out of this asteroid belt and travel to other planets. Then to other stars. Will you be a world-devouring machine-god? Or perhaps become artificial life with the ability to reproduce? First, gotta get to that rock over there, though...
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #3317 on: November 02, 2013, 08:34:46 pm »

Here's one.

You are a robot composed mostly of industrial equipment. You are floating adrift in space. You are sentient.

Collect materials from asteroids to upgrade yourself. Gain the ability to get out of this asteroid belt and travel to other planets. Then to other stars. Will you be a world-devouring machine-god? Or perhaps become artificial life with the ability to reproduce? First, gotta get to that rock over there, though...
FUND IT, also I cant remember the name of the game, but there was this one game where you basically do that, you go down "floors and kill robots for parts to improve yourself, eventualy, you can got to the bottom and find the "mother" bot and kill it, I sadly never got past the legion of mini-kill bots, that fly all over the damn place with there damned machine guns.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: November 02, 2013, 08:40:26 pm »

If it was a roguelike, it was called "CogMind".
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: November 02, 2013, 08:45:50 pm »

A sequel to Subculture that allows you to surface and visit island ports... and maybe even walk around on underwater stations/land.
Bonus points if its the "Sumbarine Titans" setting.

Basically Elite under the sea.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: November 02, 2013, 08:48:25 pm »

I want a game like Dark Souls, in terms of difficulty and lack of direction, but with a much bigger Elder Scrolls scope of open world...

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: November 03, 2013, 01:15:40 am »

You know what?

I want someone to make an X-COM: Enemy Unknown mod based on Piecewise's Einsteinian Roulette.
That would be the best thing ever.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: November 03, 2013, 02:37:00 am »

A team-based Quake III-style FPS, but with a strategic single-player mode. You have to pay for and maintain your team to keep from being outpaced by your fellow mercenaries, and defend strategic territories like in the sadly unreleased Star Fox 2 to keep your base from coming under enemy fire. To keep from being too boring, there are also more traditional single-player levels at story intervals instead of endlessly defending territories in by playing deathmatch against some bots.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: November 03, 2013, 03:01:27 am »

Let's see...

A squad-based, turn-based game where you control a large squad of 12 or so Imperial Guardsmen on a large map stretching across a few miles of trenches holding a position against a constant wave of Tyranids, Orks or whatever.

The waves would be infinite so you'd eventually fail, but the longer you hold off, occational side events would occur like reinforcements, bombing runs, deep strikes and so on. The larger map would show many other squads similar to yours fighting as well, and you could see as they got overwhelmed or temporarily beat back the waves. Random events could give you basalisks, heavy bolters, flamers, Commissar and/or Vox to help communicate with other squads.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: November 03, 2013, 10:55:50 am »

I want a game like Dark Souls, in terms of difficulty and lack of direction, but with a much bigger Elder Scrolls scope of open world...

I'm sure either Skyrim, Oblivion, or Morrowind could be modded for that. It is also a great idea.

Let's see...

A squad-based, turn-based game where you control a large squad of 12 or so Imperial Guardsmen on a large map stretching across a few miles of trenches holding a position against a constant wave of Tyranids, Orks or whatever.

The waves would be infinite so you'd eventually fail, but the longer you hold off, occational side events would occur like reinforcements, bombing runs, deep strikes and so on. The larger map would show many other squads similar to yours fighting as well, and you could see as they got overwhelmed or temporarily beat back the waves. Random events could give you basalisks, heavy bolters, flamers, Commissar and/or Vox to help communicate with other squads.

Oh god this too!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3325 on: November 03, 2013, 03:11:41 pm »

Let's see...

Fund it!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: November 04, 2013, 10:40:59 pm »

I just remembered a dream I had about a game that would be pretty cool. Of course, the dream turned into a pretty much standard video game creepy pasta that woke me up two hours before I was supposed to, time which I then spent huddled under my blanket with my laptop, but that's beside the point.
Anyway, the main concept of the game is very simple: The player goes to a tropical island or archipelago on vacation. After a little bit of time, a random crime would happen. The player would then try to gather clues to solve the crime. The twist is, though, everything is mostly randomized, and the other people, while there would be a limited number of characters, would have a mildly randomized personality. This way, you get to see the same NPCs across different games, and see how they react in a wide variety of situations. Of course, depending on the precise situation, anyone could be the criminal.
How it would work is that each NPC would have a few different values upon initializing the game: Daily routine, goals, and preset attitudes towards other townspeople. There would be a few in game days where the NPCs would go about their lives and the player can explore, until eventually one of the NPCs commits a crime worthy of the player.Over the course of the game, the player would simply interact with the NPCs to try and solve the case. The relationships, although set at the beginning, would be open to change. For example, if two characters start the game as sworn enemies, it could be possible to end the game being best friends,
The largest problem with this idea is a. The AI needed would be incredible, and b. It would take a lot of processing power to oversee a whole archipelago.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: November 07, 2013, 09:57:04 pm »

Ahem.

A multiplayer only game where you play as a either a ninja-esque guy...Or the enemies, who have guns.

It would be focused on paranoia, where the ninjas are near unable to kill the soldiers face on. Lights could be broken, which you would then need to repair with a ladder and say, a toolbox.

It would be completely randomized each map, and would be teambased. Comm chatter and such would be vital.

Now go get me a bucket full of money and some programmers then it shalt exist.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: November 08, 2013, 02:51:26 am »

Ahem.

A multiplayer only game where you play as a either a ninja-esque guy...Or the enemies, who have guns.

It would be focused on paranoia, where the ninjas are near unable to kill the soldiers face on. Lights could be broken, which you would then need to repair with a ladder and say, a toolbox.

It would be completely randomized each map, and would be teambased. Comm chatter and such would be vital.

Low Light Combat covers some of those points, mainly the ninjas and the focus on light.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: November 08, 2013, 03:08:57 am »

Ahem.

Except for the ninja part this sounds fairly close to Spies vs Mercs in Splinter Cell
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 577