Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926738 times)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #4605 on: October 31, 2014, 03:06:01 pm »

I misread the title of the current TF2 thread (Scream Fortress) and thought it was "Steam Fortress"... and i think a game about building steampunk forts would be a pretty darn neat idea.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4606 on: October 31, 2014, 03:06:50 pm »

Steampunk DF is probably modded in. Wait, isn't that what Genesis is? :P
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4607 on: October 31, 2014, 04:30:16 pm »

Nidhogg Plus.

Give me mo' sword types. Ninja throws their dagger and the heavy-ass greatsword user barely manages to leap over it, before slicing them in two.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4608 on: October 31, 2014, 04:31:48 pm »

I wish there was a sandbox third person star wars game where you were a darksider. It would have character progression as your force and combat skills get stronger. You get the main story but also occasional quests sent in by the whatever group of sith you work for. Also, it doesn't have a story where you become the good guy eventually. It might make a good story, but i'd prefer if you'd stay a sith. The closest i've gotten is modded mount and blade.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4609 on: October 31, 2014, 11:02:25 pm »

Make it play like Jedi Knight with the more RPG aspects of 2 or Mysteries of the Sith and it would make me happy. At that point it'd be Deus Ex in Star Wars.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Robosaur

• Bay Watcher
  • [POOP:INORGANIC: NUCLEAR_BOMBS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4610 on: October 31, 2014, 11:25:53 pm »

A game where you have fully customizable female playable characters and the devs were like "yeah we were gonna add male playable characters too, but it wasn't in our budget"

EDIT: wait I forgot about skullgirls, which is mostly this.
You are a terrible person and the sad truth is deep down you know it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4611 on: October 31, 2014, 11:41:33 pm »

A die by the sword kind of game with a more realistic twist to it would be nice. Something like a fencing/sword combat simulator with proper physics and collision + free control of the sword/weapon thing with the mouse or something.

It... tends to go badly...

One of those "sounds better in my head" sort of deals.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4612 on: November 01, 2014, 12:10:58 am »

I know it's not exactly that, but I enjoyed Bushido Blade 2.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4613 on: November 01, 2014, 01:03:31 am »

« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 10:07:49 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4614 on: November 01, 2014, 01:14:39 am »

A game where you have fully customizable female playable characters and the devs were like "yeah we were gonna add male playable characters too, but it wasn't in our budget"

I was about to say

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4615 on: November 01, 2014, 04:35:06 am »

The best sword controls I've come across are the Wii motion controls for Red Steel 2. While block and thrusting require button presses and as I recall there's some special moves, it felt good swinging that Wiimote around like a sabre. Of course the game itself is not realistic at all (cyborg ninja cowboys) and there's plenty of gunplay mixed with the swordplay, but it's a ton of fun and I highly recommend it to any Wii owner.

The one extremely important aspect of fencing motion controls really can't simulate is foot movement, since one only has so much room in one's living room. RS2 winds up having to use the Wii "nunchuck" and a Zelda-esque targeting scheme to handle movement.

As for a game I'd want made: Skies of Arcadia 2. Get on it SEGA.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4616 on: November 01, 2014, 05:39:28 am »

I like the cut of your jib.
But your avatar doesn't even have a jib.

This observation seemed a lot funnier before I wrote it doen.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

blazing glory

« Reply #4617 on: November 01, 2014, 06:00:44 am »

I'd also like a sword/medieval weapon fighting game with freedom to strike and block how I want, I feel my idea a few pages back would work well with this sort of game.

Not exactly a game but close enough.

I'd like a sort of virtual reality glove, personally I think Oculus Rift will experience a lot problems such as people running into objects, I also think the end result will be too realistic, I'd much rather a simple VR glove, instead of using a mouse you wear a glove in one hand and using WSAD in the other hand, and using a moniter, upping up the realism without making it too realistic, I'd rather my games not to be so realistic that it actually feels like I'm shooting people, which is why I probably won't be using the Oculus Rift, even after they work out the details.

Maybe I'm stupid but I'll be taking a cautious approach.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4618 on: November 01, 2014, 09:38:20 am »

More fighting games with absurd levels of customization. Skullgirls showed that we can push a not-really-palette system to give us unique designs out of a 2D fighter. What if we took systems from all kinds of games and amalgated them? Such as the SNK v. Capcom 2 Grooves, and the Arcana Heart alignment/goddesses, throw in Under Night In-Birth's moon phases- these three together are already a pretty absurd level of customization, and now assume that they affect the look of a character.

Tackling each one in reverse order:
UNiB moon phases:
Full Moon heavily reduces combo options and has rigid light->medium->heavy structure, characters feel very "heavy", damage is boosted and reaching maximum meter allows for a short install period where some health is regained. Can charge super meter.
Half Moon gives an almost uncontrolled light feel, with lower meter and slow regain of HP during the timer as well as an automatic burst. Relies more on comboing for damage, has little in the way of defensive systems but regular guarding is more resilient.
Crescent Moon gives the user a great amount of freedom with their meter, allowing it to be activated early at lower amounts of meter, waiting for maximum gives longer and stronger effects. Most versatile of the three.

Arcana Heart arcana system:
Characters have internal special moves which are augmented by Arcana specials, depending on which Arcana is taken. Each one is also supplemented with different features, such as negating chip damage, making charged moves unblockable, add meter drain to fully charged attacks, etc.

SNK vs Capcom 2's Groove System:
This changed the way a character handled entirely, altering the gauge itself and the subsystems a character could use. Being able to parry or evade, run or dash, hop, superjump, air movement options- it was all tied to the Groove, as well as the Meter. Only one meter allowed use of Level 2 supers, the rest only allowing for Lv1 and Lv3s. K-Groove, aka the Rage Gauge, only increased when taking damage, but a character could block at precisely the same time an attack would hit for a small regen and extra gauge.

The systems don't play nice with each other at first, though can be tinkered with and made to fit. The Moon system most heavily affects base damage and ability to chain attacks, the Arcana system most heavily grants new sets of attacks as well as adding some sort of features, where the Groove System most heavily affects movement options and the meter's inner workings.

Let's say you've got a base character, someone pretty simple. Easy to pick up, and such. Let's use Fillia from Skullgirls- mostly a rushdown, a little bit of range on her specials and supers. Under the Moon system, you'd probably want to avoid Full Moon, as the other two styles can easily play to a rushdown character... but what if you did take Full Moon? Some specials would change- as the Moon System can alter internal moves- to accommodate, combos now being shorter and harder to put together, Ringlet Spike now changes in power instead of distance and automatically hits under the opponent, the Heavy version doing multiple hits but not being comboable off of, the L or M versions can.
Secondly, the choice of an Arcana- lets say we've taken Full Moon Fillia, which can already be seen as sub-optimal, however, the Arcana can help sway us in a new direction even more. Arcana specials use their own button so they don't interfere with internal specials, so let's take Magnetism. Arcana specials have magnetic pull, we fall to the ground faster than others, and our forward Heavy has a hard pull, allowing us to yank an opponent in. Unfortunately for us, the Full Moon won't let us back off of the Heavy, so we'll have to use a special or a super at that point- still, it's a great way to stop an opponent from guarding a dry super.
Whenever we install (All systems play into this, the Arcana controls the actual input) we gain constant magnetism pull (and through Full Moon) regain health immediately from our Red bar.
We gain two ranged specials, one being a strongly homing orb and another being a random object throw. Our supers generate a damaging magnetic field with constant and fairly powerful magnetism, at least forcing some chip damage, and another random object throw this time launching four at different angles, allowing for a good zoning tool. A Level 3 super, a gravity well attracting both characters to the center of the stage appears and is bombarded by the orb projectiles.
Lastly, we'll need a Groove. Now, the Groove System is what needs the most editing to fit here, especially since I'm tempted to throw out Lv2 supers in general (as all of them have to come from the character already.) S-Groove will help us out here, as we get dodging and counterattacks for up-close, as well as chargeable supers and free lv1 supers at low HP.

Lastly, we must look at the Install. Our groove does not affect this at all (pre-tinkering around, I think only K-Gauge affects install), however, our Full Moon gives us an instant HP boost when it's activated, and can be activated out of any normal or special that can be cancelled, also has a burst option during install. Our Arcana gives us a constant magnetism during the install. Our Groove allowed us to install at 100% or one bar, the equivalent of a level 1 super. This would normally reduce the effectiveness, but it simply gives us less time to work- this is fine, since HP regen is instant and the only lasting effect is magnetism and the chance to burst.

The myriad combinations all result in a different playstyle- from the very beginning we broke down the rushdown-and-combo aspect of Fillia and exchanged it for raw power, magnetism, and subsystems to allow for fast switching between defense and offense.

There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4619 on: November 01, 2014, 10:09:32 am »

I want a remake of Sid Meiers Covert Action, a badass spy game.
Yeah, I could get behind that. Then again the original is still pretty solid, and given the most recent spiritual successor (or is it???) to one of Meier's games...

Oh yes, please. It doesn't even have to be Meier's, since he didn't like it, but something along the same lines gameplay-wise. And, perhaps, the same setting, or even slightly earlier - there's just something about the oldschool communist terrorist-fighting that is lost in the post-9/11 spying games.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 577