Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929587 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #4890 on: December 20, 2014, 08:30:33 pm »

You could probably reuse a lot of models and ragdoll the unique features. I mean, sure, you would get a few bobble-heads and tails would be pretty laughable...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #4891 on: December 20, 2014, 10:14:27 pm »

There are too many different Pokemon and of too many different shapes and sizes to properly model all of them in good quality.

You could always just use a subset, assuming that the game wouldn't be so focused on the "Catch em all" thing. Quality over quantity, and all that.

Exactly, you could build up to the full roster. Just start with Pokemon Classic. Just the original 151.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4892 on: December 21, 2014, 01:23:44 am »

An FPS that simulates dismemberment really realistically. As it is, even games with ragdoll physics seem kind of cookie-cutter in this regard, with limbs slicing off neatly and only at a handful of predetermined locations no matter where on said limb you're aiming your chainsaw/buzzsaw/hatchet/machete/scythe and the organs that come out of you blow someone's chest open are rather undifferentiated. I want shooters that do something like the way Dwarf Fortress tracks where individual teeth and eyes land and how damaged said pieces are and which calculate it based on the direction and force of the blow.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4893 on: December 21, 2014, 03:16:08 am »

I just dreamed this one up:

A first/third person set in a fictional medieval kingdom, you play as the heir to a noble house during a civil war, your choices (even the choice not to act on an event) control the flow of events in the game.  You can side with the rebels, the crown, or even seize power yourself depending on how you interact with the world and the people in it.  Helped out that young smith you caught stealing apples from an orchard?  Maybe you'll be recieving an exceptional weapon for your trouble, maybe not, it all depends on what you say and do.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4894 on: December 21, 2014, 11:59:03 am »

I just dreamed this one up:

A first/third person set in a fictional medieval kingdom, you play as the heir to a noble house during a civil war, your choices (even the choice not to act on an event) control the flow of events in the game.  You can side with the rebels, the crown, or even seize power yourself depending on how you interact with the world and the people in it.  Helped out that young smith you caught stealing apples from an orchard?  Maybe you'll be recieving an exceptional weapon for your trouble, maybe not, it all depends on what you say and do.

there IS a game like this... i believe Kingdom Come: Deliverance is something like this?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

woosholay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4895 on: December 21, 2014, 02:43:05 pm »

KODP (King of Dragon Pass) in mmo setting...

Don't shoot me.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #4896 on: December 21, 2014, 02:50:43 pm »

Don't shoot me.
That might become a bit iffy to make if you don't want it to become too similar to Grand Strategy games like CK2 or some-such, and it probably would have to have a ton of small servers with only a few people on each or else it'll get REALLY crazy(unless that's what you want)  But a MMORPG in the Dragon Pass setting would be SCHWEET!

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #4897 on: December 21, 2014, 03:15:14 pm »

An fire-breathing owl simulator. With HD graphics and high-quality soundtrack.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4898 on: December 21, 2014, 03:41:50 pm »

Don't shoot me.
This... sort of exists?  There are a lot of browser games powered by basically the same engine, where you have a single town with some stats attached to it (which buildings are built and how many people you have and such) which is at a set point on a map.

The spirit of them is different though, more about grinding up your stats and then joining a huge alliance to fight other players.  Although now that I write that out, yeah, that kind of is what an mmo KODP would be.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4899 on: December 22, 2014, 12:07:41 am »

Virtuix Omni arcades. Imagine playing... well, any first-person multiplayer game with this thing. In an arcade-type setting with your own private booth, they might even be able to rig it up with fans and air conditioners to make the environment feel like the game's setting.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4900 on: December 22, 2014, 01:17:06 am »

I'd really like to see computer adaptations of Die Vecna Die, Great Modron March, Tomb of Horrors, and Expedition to Castle Greyhawk done in the same style as Atari's and Troika's 2003 adaptation of Temple of Elemental Evil (including still using the 3e/3.5e rules. Though perhaps using more of them, non-core classes, more items, more spells etc.)

EDIT:
Also, along the same lines, a remake of Dark Queen of Krynn
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 01:22:29 am by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4901 on: December 22, 2014, 06:10:05 am »

Virtuix Omni arcades. Imagine playing... well, any first-person multiplayer game with this thing. In an arcade-type setting with your own private booth, they might even be able to rig it up with fans and air conditioners to make the environment feel like the game's setting.
The responsiveness doesn't look too good. It never does on these kinds of things :/
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4902 on: December 22, 2014, 07:34:04 am »

I'd really like to see computer adaptations of Die Vecna Die, Great Modron March, Tomb of Horrors, and Expedition to Castle Greyhawk done in the same style as Atari's and Troika's 2003 adaptation of Temple of Elemental Evil (including still using the 3e/3.5e rules. Though perhaps using more of them, non-core classes, more items, more spells etc.)

EDIT:
Also, along the same lines, a remake of Dark Queen of Krynn

I'd love them too, but not bl**dy likely.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4903 on: December 22, 2014, 07:53:30 pm »

Remember Me but with more of the memory rewriting bits.
And also none of the fighting or platforming.

Basically I want a decent puzzle game pulled out from what was by all other means a fucking wreck.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4904 on: December 22, 2014, 09:20:30 pm »

We need games or mods where you can kill and torture Kim Jong Un.
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 577