Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926735 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #5250 on: May 11, 2015, 04:24:45 pm »

A spy game, in which your objective is to sabotage whatever fort/city/dirigible/ship/whatever as much as you can before allied attack hits. Blackmailing, traps, using out paranoia to throw blame on those who start figuring out what exactly you are doing.

That sounds awesome
+1
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5251 on: May 11, 2015, 05:34:06 pm »

A spy game, in which your objective is to sabotage whatever fort/city/dirigible/ship/whatever as much as you can before allied attack hits. Blackmailing, traps, using out paranoia to throw blame on those who start figuring out what exactly you are doing.

This sounds cool. There should be a simulation element to it (whether it's turn-based or realtime), so you can set stuff up and watch the shit hit the fan.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5252 on: May 11, 2015, 06:45:37 pm »

After playing The Guild 2 Renaissance, I want a completely bug free and feature full Guild game, like Guild 2 with the Legacy mod.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5253 on: May 11, 2015, 07:12:50 pm »

An online strategy game like AAA in space. Travel from world to world, use diplomacy, economics, fake techno-religions, and military might to gain control of the cosmos!
Asimov's Foundation: The Video Game?
FTFY
It's only fake if people don't believe you.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Ianflow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5254 on: May 13, 2015, 02:21:41 am »

Distant Worlds Universe might be a 4X sci-fi game you'd be interested in. 24 diverse species, mods add enough to have 40. Play in a single galaxy, varying win conditions.

It's like Settlers of Catan meets Star Trek or Mass Effect, but that's a terrible way of phrasing it.

A game I wish existed was a fighting game that had a plot the majority of the fanbase cares about. Lore actually matters to know, dynamic stages (In a street fighter game there was these kids watching in the background, but I just imagine 1 wrongly timed shot, BAM DEAD CHILD. In I think it was Digimon Fronteir or something the fighting game had sometimes digimon pop up that you could attack for bonuses. But yeah, bystanders getting hurt and having an effect on the plot)
And thus, "The running of the goblins" became an annual tradition and the first dwarven contraceptive.
There are no moghoppers. We have always been allies of Oceania, and at war with Eastasia.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5255 on: May 13, 2015, 02:44:29 am »

An online strategy game like AAA in space. Travel from world to world, use diplomacy, economics, fake techno-religions, and military might to gain control of the cosmos!
Asimov's Foundation: The Video Game?
FTFY
It's only fake if you don't believe you.
FTFY

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5256 on: May 13, 2015, 03:05:21 am »

Distant worlds is a great game, though at times it feels like the game is playing itself. It is very complex game with actually decent automation. Automation that can be turned off, or made give you advice like Civilization advisors. If you want, you can automate everything except, say, the military and play a general, or keep the spies on and play the spymaster working for the glory of the empire. Or you can play as a single fleet, or an explorer, seeking new frontiers. It's pretty cool.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #5257 on: May 13, 2015, 06:04:48 am »

Just a good, low fantasy medieval first person mmo game. With the ability to capture existing towns and customise them to an extent. A few powerful mythical creatures to hunt. Then a good first person combat system that feels satisfying. Also rag doll and corpses stay where they are for 1 hour or so.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5258 on: May 13, 2015, 06:07:12 am »

Just a good, low fantasy medieval first person mmo game. With the ability to capture existing towns and customise them to an extent. A few powerful mythical creatures to hunt. Then a good first person combat system that feels satisfying. Also rag doll and corpses stay where they are for 1 hour or so.
How about things come along and eat the corpses?

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #5259 on: May 13, 2015, 08:54:28 am »

YES! That would be cool. Like wandering along and you come across a massive battlefield filled with corpses and scavengers feeding on them.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5260 on: May 13, 2015, 02:10:21 pm »

YES! That would be cool. Like wandering along and you come across a massive battlefield filled with corpses and scavengers feeding on them.
In before "Why are there so many wolves wandering about this old battlefield?!? You can't go anywhere near the place or they kill you (thus attracting more wolves)". :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5261 on: May 13, 2015, 03:42:50 pm »

Random thought today: Space Invadanoid. Space Invaders + Arkanoid. Someone probably already did that somewhere.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5262 on: May 13, 2015, 04:09:47 pm »

Yes, is called Ark Invaders.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5263 on: May 13, 2015, 05:28:13 pm »

In before "Why are there so many wolves wandering about this old battlefield?!? You can't go anywhere near the place or they kill you (thus attracting more wolves)". :P
Don't make them wolves make them foxes, and/or vultures and stuff.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5264 on: May 14, 2015, 04:06:32 pm »

Factorio-ish set in the SMAC universe (with Hints of Anno and Creeper World), loosely inspired by Sirus' post in the Factorio thread

You lead an independent team vying for contracts to protect settlements from the native fungus life. This predominantly involves building defenses around cities to protect them from mindworm incursions (all varieties, land, sea, and air), but also includes pushing back the fungus (Creeper world; fighting fungus towers ) and harvesting resources outside the cities because it's too dangerous for citizens to do so. Possibly includes production chains for producing your own equipment, and research chains so you can develop better equipment. Tech period would be late game SMAC; all of it is technically researched, but no faction has "won" the SMAC game. Most tech is only readily available to the factions, your research is in developing "in house" methods of production for your own use (may also allow trade with factions for this).

Scope is wider than Factorio, you wouldn't be just one guy, but I'm not sure how to best manage legal (gameplay-wise) construction sites. Maybe set up (and supply) "outposts" and those outposts allow constructions in their influence (Anno warehouses)? Any given region will probably have a mix of faction cities and you can negotiate with any of them to provide them with security and resources. Contracts with cities (independently cities, even if they belong to the same faction, but there might be bonuses or penalties involved there) are your main source of... probably not energy credits (since you could just build your own solar collectors) but $currency. The general SMAC gameplay takes place between AIs above the scope of your own game, so factions might not like you negotiating with their enemies, and possibly having to get involved in a versus-human-units vendetta. But that's just to offer a great variety of scenarios, preferably with a robust random map generator to maximize that. Oh yes, and you're not the only team out there; there are rival contractors, your main goal is to become the de-facto fungus contractor in the region by either eliminating the rivals ("Sorry chap! Hazardous work out here!") or securing long-term contracts with most of the cities in the region.

I'd want the scope to be wide enough that the cities are present in the region, but that might be too wide. It could work okay for the Hive, whose cities are mostly underground, but the rest of the factions would probably end up being "cities" like in Skyrim or MMOs: tiny because the virtually the only buildings present have a purpose, with nary any space for the thousands or millions of bodies most cities need to actually get through the day.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 08:55:03 am by Niveras »
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 577