Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926914 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #5235 on: May 03, 2015, 12:30:32 pm »

Two related city builder ideas, both of which may be similar to things I've already said

1.) A combination of Tropico and SimCity Societies. The two games are already in many ways similar, but basically I want Tropico's paradigm of all buildings (including entertainment buildings, power plants, etc) actually requiring employees, things actually needing to be built, and multiple measures of citizen contentment/happiness to be combined with SimCity Societies' larger variety of buildings and possibly a more polished version of its societal values system.

2.) A combination of Tropico, SimCity Societies, and regular SimCity. Basically the same as the above, rxcept you have the alternate option of laying out zones as per the core SimCity series instead of placing the buildings directly. Buildings you place directly are co sidered government owned and require upkeep but you have a good deal of control over them (you can fire employees, reduce upkeep by lowering the quality of whatever they do, fiddle with other settings). Buildings that develop from zones are private, requiring no upkeep but offering less control and bring you less revenue; they generally perform whatever service they perform better than you can reliably afford to with govt. versions (in terms of those govt. buildings' upkeep settings) but never as good as you theoretically can if you set upkeep and quality to maximum.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5236 on: May 03, 2015, 12:43:11 pm »

A fighting game where the arcade "ladder" is made up of other players.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5237 on: May 03, 2015, 12:48:03 pm »

Any sort of game featuring Kogarashi from Kamen No Maid Guy, available in English for unfortunate public-school educated US citizens.  Because seriously any being powerful enough to powerwalk down the side of a skyscraper should be playable purely as a joke.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5238 on: May 03, 2015, 02:50:57 pm »

SimCity Societies
Why would anyone want this? I think you must have got it confused with something else.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5239 on: May 03, 2015, 03:55:08 pm »

SimCity Societies
Why would anyone want this? I think you must have got it confused with something else.

Much like Fallout: New Vegas it becomes playable with the addition of expansion packs and third-party mods.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5240 on: May 04, 2015, 01:00:11 am »

The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5241 on: May 04, 2015, 08:36:27 am »

Kinda quoting what I posted in the dream thread in the general discussion subforum.

Rarely do I ever dream about games, much less roguelikes, but tonight was a pleasant exception.

I dreamed that I was playing the beta for a really interesting roguelike or something, called "Blood War". It had ASCII graphics, and it was kiiiiiiinda similar to DF's adventure mode in gameplay, except not really, in that most things were randomly generated, similar combat, locational damage and the ASCII was also a bit similar, altough it was also similar to cataclysm: DDA in some ways, namely the UI and some menus.

The basic premise of the game was that you started as a lowly devil in one of the many hells, a hellish dimension that is very similar to Dante's depiction of hell and also D&D's nine hells of baator. Each hell is basically a huge world of its own divided into instances to avoid lag or something. You would start the game as a lowly devil of some kind, with few stats and almost nothing of a resource called "hell power", which consisted of points you could spend to develop your devil in several ways, such as gaining different spells and powers, growing in size and changing your body, like gaining different limbs, horns, spines, claws, etc, crafting artifacts of power for yourself, among several other things. Your main objective in the game was to rise in rank, power and influence among the devils in hell, eventualy becoming powerful enough to challenge one of the arch devils that rule each of the worlds in hell, and become a new archdevil, to eventualy become powerful enough attempt a coup and become the true and sole ruler of hell.

To do this you needed hell power to grow stronger and influence among the devils, which could be gained through several ways. At the start you were limited mostly to doing quests and menial tasks for devils above you in the hierarchy and being succesful in battles in the blood war, against the demons of the abyss, or doing things like attacking other devils and eating their hearts, altough this is apparently considered a horrible crime in hell and one of my characters got tore apart after being seen doing this.
Eventualy you'd gather enough hell power to manifest in the normal world, which was basically a huge randomly generated Forgotten Realms style D&D world. You'd at first manifest as a voice in a some naive mage's mind or some corrupted magical, and you'd have no control over anything but you were able to see a bit of your surroundings and slowly influence the minds of your host and the people around it. Through this, you'd eventualy gain disciples and followers to do things for you in the normal world that would gain you influence and hell power, and some of these things were pretty brutal. I remember ordering one of my followers to kidnap a baby and sacrifice it to me in exchange for some magical abilities, and having another burn a nearby temple that was interferring with my powers in the normal world. The combat could also be very gory, with each corporeal NPC having organs, blood, bones, etc.

The quests and worship of your followers in the normal world would net you a lot of hell power, eventualy allowing you to fully possess normal world people and even manifest phisically in the real world at the cost of a fair bit of hell power, allowing you to do many more things directly, this being apparently the fastest way to gain hell power. You could even end up having a cult dedicated to you, and the worship of your cultists would generate a constant stream of hell power to you.

Anyway, after rising enough ranks in hell, you'd gain more rights, such as the right to travel between hell worlds, keep yourself safe by gaining the right to build a house/mansion/fortress of your own in hell, being able to take more important tasks from more important devils, etc.

Unfortunely, the dream ended shortly after I gained enough power to work directly under an archdevil, right after my cult in the normal world got destroyed by militant clerics, which hurt my hell power income badly. It was really sad to awaken and find out that game doesn't really exist :C
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5242 on: May 05, 2015, 10:12:11 am »

A DF-clone where every race is randomized. You get to "reroll" your race before embark but you can't pick and choose (or you get all the races pre-rolled and you pick the one you like, or reroll everything). Essentially using something like the forgotten beast generator to make up a new race for every faction (some constraints and standard traits amongst races so that you don't end up with some weird creature that can only breathe sand or something).

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #5243 on: May 06, 2015, 04:38:08 pm »

An online strategy game like AAA in space. Travel from world to world, use diplomacy, economics, and military might to gain control of the cosmos!
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5244 on: May 06, 2015, 07:46:43 pm »

An online strategy game like AAA in space. Travel from world to world, use diplomacy, economics, and military might to gain control of the cosmos!

isnt this shores of hazeron?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5245 on: May 07, 2015, 04:34:23 pm »

Asimov's Foundation: The Video Game?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5246 on: May 07, 2015, 08:33:27 pm »

When I first read Foundation, I thought about something like this, so I'd say yes.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5247 on: May 08, 2015, 12:48:59 am »

An online strategy game like AAA in space. Travel from world to world, use diplomacy, economics, fake techno-religions, and military might to gain control of the cosmos!
FTFY
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5248 on: May 08, 2015, 05:34:46 am »

A spy game, in which your objective is to sabotage whatever fort/city/dirigible/ship/whatever as much as you can before allied attack hits. Blackmailing, traps, using out paranoia to throw blame on those who start figuring out what exactly you are doing.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5249 on: May 11, 2015, 04:22:59 pm »

A spy game, in which your objective is to sabotage whatever fort/city/dirigible/ship/whatever as much as you can before allied attack hits. Blackmailing, traps, using out paranoia to throw blame on those who start figuring out what exactly you are doing.

That sounds awesome
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 577