Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 371 372 [373] 374 375 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929610 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #5580 on: July 29, 2015, 02:21:54 pm »

An exact copy of real life, but in a game. Every possibility is accounted for and you can do anything.

Then when you stop playing. You start questioning if anything is real anymore. You then come to the conclusion, that it doesn't matter. You therefore feel, since you know it doesn't matter, that you could just kill anyone you wanted without consequences.

So then we wouldn't have the game anymore, because everyone killing each other.

And yet, less ambitious than some game ideas I've read.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5581 on: July 29, 2015, 03:17:52 pm »

Not really anything with any sort of depth to it, but it'd be pretty damn awesome if games that feature a hardcore mode actually changed the soundtrack to a hardcore version (if possible).

Because you know, you gotta get appropriate music for the appropriate difficulty/game mode.

Souls games are good with this... Especially Bloodborne.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5582 on: July 29, 2015, 03:55:20 pm »

YOU ARE TINYHUMANPERSON. YOU MUST SURVIVE AS LONG AS YOU CAN/UNTIL EVACUATED.
That sounds weirdly familiar but I can't think why.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #5583 on: July 29, 2015, 04:16:22 pm »

An exact copy of real life, but in a game. Every possibility is accounted for and you can do anything.

Then when you stop playing. You start questioning if anything is real anymore. You then come to the conclusion, that it doesn't matter. You therefore feel, since you know it doesn't matter, that you could just kill anyone you wanted without consequences.

Really? More ambitious than exact copy of life, that is so realistic you don't what is real?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #5584 on: July 29, 2015, 05:48:07 pm »

Really? More ambitious than exact copy of life, that is so realistic you don't what is real?

Actually yeah. I've seen people propose an exact copy of life, plus additional features like a balanced magic system or superpowers. Or heck, people proposing to build an entire MMO by themselves. MMOs with proper GUILD BANKS! Basically, check out the When Kickstarter Goes Wrong thread. Your idea at least has a stated goal.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #5585 on: July 29, 2015, 05:53:05 pm »

Yeah I saw the kickstarter go wrong thing, and just thought this person is either suffering from a severe lack of brain cells or has trouble putting any effort into anything.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5586 on: July 30, 2015, 10:50:31 am »

OKAY.
BIG FUCKING MONSTER. BIGGER FUCKING CITY.
MONSTER IS MASSIVE. UNPLAYABLE. UNKILLABLE.
YOU ARE TINYHUMANPERSON. YOU MUST SURVIVE AS LONG AS YOU CAN/UNTIL EVACUATED.
MONSTER IS SMASHYWASHYBASHY. GO.

Something like This might be doable as a Fallout 3 mod if we tweaked the AI for Liberty Prime a bit and made it spawnable as a wandering monster at fast travel destinations
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5587 on: July 30, 2015, 11:02:45 am »

Nah, nah, it has to be like, a roguelike sorta deal. Monster is huge, unkillable, and the terrain is destructive. FO3 wouldn't cut it.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5588 on: July 30, 2015, 12:04:54 pm »

Basically a legit pc-version of Monster Hunter set in the modern day. It's not about leveling up or PvP. Its about getting the team together for one last hunt against something that could easily kill all of you, armed with nothing but some AKs and a few grenades.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5589 on: July 30, 2015, 12:58:45 pm »

The Taros Campaign.

The game.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5590 on: July 30, 2015, 04:27:46 pm »

Basically a legit pc-version of Monster Hunter set in the modern day. It's not about leveling up or PvP. Its about getting the team together for one last hunt against something that could easily kill all of you, armed with nothing but some AKs and a few grenades.
With big city and small rural settings, and interactable/destructable terrain? Yes, please.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5591 on: July 31, 2015, 01:29:36 pm »

Thought you couldn't kill it?
Eh.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #5592 on: July 31, 2015, 02:23:45 pm »

Real life gunpla battle
It's FEF, not FEOF

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5593 on: July 31, 2015, 04:05:14 pm »

Thought you couldn't kill it?
Eh.
No, that one was mine. Mine is more about just surviving in the city for as long as you can/Until the military or whatever evacuates you.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5594 on: August 01, 2015, 12:22:24 am »

I'd love to see something similar to the Destroy All Humans series, but darker and grittier (while retaining a sense of dark humor) and gorier, and with an expanded repertoire of psychic abilities (which would definitely include the ability to pummel people to death with psychokinesis, which was the best part of Destroy all Humans 1 but inexplicably cut from the rest of the series)
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 371 372 [373] 374 375 ... 577