Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 385 386 [387] 388 389 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926904 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #5790 on: August 29, 2015, 04:54:32 pm »

I want a city sim like Cities or whataver, but in a futuristic world so that you have to manage things like multiple layers of "sky" roads and even flying cars, teleporter booths, etc.

You might be able to do the last two things as mods for SimCity Societies Destinations. Not the 3d layout thing though.

EDIT:
Really the teleporter booths would be a simple re-skin since the subway system is abstracted
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 12:24:21 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5791 on: August 30, 2015, 05:29:00 pm »

"Nobunaga's Ambition" in English. They just released another onto steam that ISN'T in English, again. Damn it stop teasing me Koei!!!
I so want to play this, WHY DO I GET TAUNTED SO MUCH!!! T_T
Actually, Nevyn, they're releasing a new one on steam that IS in english, release date 1st Sept!

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5792 on: September 02, 2015, 05:44:23 am »

Nobunaga's Ambition actually came out yesterday, and while I'm extremely tempted to buy it (due to a lack of Romance of the Three Kingdoms games in recent years), does anyone else have personal experience playing the game yet?

I'm always wary of new releases, especially when it's a potential $50 investment.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5793 on: September 02, 2015, 06:07:50 pm »

Nobunaga's Ambition actually came out yesterday, and while I'm extremely tempted to buy it (due to a lack of Romance of the Three Kingdoms games in recent years), does anyone else have personal experience playing the game yet?

I'm always wary of new releases, especially when it's a potential $50 investment.
It's a simplified/Different version of the game. I'm going to get more into it when I have more energy for it, but they've removed the tech tree atleast. It's pretty fun, though! DON'T SKIP THE TUTORIAL

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5794 on: September 02, 2015, 06:48:41 pm »

Romance of the Three Kingdoms never really had much of a tech tree, that's not too concerning. I'll probably trial it when I get home tonight. I've had a severe itch for RotTK that I hope this game can scratch.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 10:33:34 pm by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5795 on: September 02, 2015, 07:08:10 pm »

A 3D space game where you can build your own ship, be it voxels or polygons or pieces or minecrafties or whatever, but then the program creates an actual polygon mesh instead of trying to move a ton of separate pieces, and then treats the ship as a single entity that can be damaged rather than some crappy Legos that get plinked off, and also that doesn't slow down the computer to a crawl like Space Engineers, but becomes something more zippy like Freespace or even (arguably) X3.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5796 on: September 02, 2015, 07:19:32 pm »

A 3D space game where you can build your own ship, be it voxels or polygons or pieces or minecrafties or whatever, but then the program creates an actual polygon mesh instead of trying to move a ton of separate pieces, and then treats the ship as a single entity that can be damaged rather than some crappy Legos that get plinked off, and also that doesn't slow down the computer to a crawl like Space Engineers, but becomes something more zippy like Freespace or even (arguably) X3.

starmade fits that bill

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5797 on: September 02, 2015, 10:30:43 pm »

It sorta does except for the cube plinking. But at least shields somewhat make up for that. But maybe I was thinking something that looked a bit less pixelated. The flight physics still aren't really good IMO tho.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5798 on: September 02, 2015, 11:58:20 pm »

KINETIC VOID FITS THE BILL PERFECTLY.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5799 on: September 03, 2015, 01:16:10 am »

God, I wish I could run Space Engineers with a reasonable framerate.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5800 on: September 03, 2015, 02:49:10 am »

A survival type game (starmade, ARK, minecraft, SE, dayz, etc etc) that was actually a game instead of either a pointless sandbox or a murder simulator sandbox.

Something like besiege (which is a lot of fun for what it is) but with more depth/variety, and maybe with multiplayer.

I don't know, I'm just bad at sandboxes I guess.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5801 on: September 03, 2015, 03:29:16 pm »

A sandbox with a plot doesn't really count as a sandbox anymore :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5802 on: September 03, 2015, 03:30:29 pm »

Entirely likely.
I don't know, though, Scribblenauts is kind of sandbox with a plot, though.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5803 on: September 03, 2015, 03:42:04 pm »

Depends on how you define things. I'd say that Uplink is a sandbox but also has a plot.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5804 on: September 03, 2015, 04:00:19 pm »

If we're talking 'bout that...

Uplink, but without bugs, expanded, with more places to interact with outside missions that give you something for messing with them. Bank robbin' is fine and dandy (and quite easy, actually), destroying a person's life is fun, making yourself "KING OF UNIVERSE" and hacking Uplink itself is fun, but the fun is pretty much all experienced in 6 hours gameplay time.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.
Pages: 1 ... 385 386 [387] 388 389 ... 577