Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 392 393 [394] 395 396 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926862 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #5895 on: September 16, 2015, 05:54:05 am »

I kinda wish somebody would remake Harvester. It's "Good Ideas Executed Poorly: The Game".
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5896 on: September 16, 2015, 07:03:55 am »

I would like to see a game (or two connected games) where the first is an in-depth RPG in the spirit of Planescape: Torment or Witcher, the second a strategy game. Basically the first game (or the first part of the game) would be the story of your rise to power as the new king / sorcerer lord / mime supreme, whatever. The second game would then be a CK2-like where you rule your nation. The choices you made in the first game would affect what kind of state your realm is in and have an effect on foreign relations as well.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5897 on: September 16, 2015, 08:18:19 am »

You'd think that Steam is printing Valve enough money by now that they can just work on whatever leisure project they want. L4D 3 or Ricochet 2 or something. Be like Richard Branson and Spaceship 1.

I think their leisure project is to make money just for the sake of making money
Valve have probably set Steam to run itself and now spend their days organizing desk races.
I would like to see a game (or two connected games) where the first is an in-depth RPG in the spirit of Planescape: Torment or Witcher, the second a strategy game. Basically the first game (or the first part of the game) would be the story of your rise to power as the new king / sorcerer lord / mime supreme, whatever. The second game would then be a CK2-like where you rule your nation. The choices you made in the first game would affect what kind of state your realm is in and have an effect on foreign relations as well.
First game become ruler of kingdom, second game run it into the ground.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5898 on: September 16, 2015, 04:02:31 pm »

...Maybe even make it so you play as the 'enemy'. And thus see every single problem you caused in the first bit, so you feel terribad about it. Oh, you saved that mage? She went mad and blew up a village. Nice going, hero.

You'd think that Steam is printing Valve enough money by now that they can just work on whatever leisure project they want. L4D 3 or Ricochet 2 or something. Be like Richard Branson and Spaceship 1.

I think their leisure project is to make money just for the sake of making money
so every developer in existence yes
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5899 on: September 17, 2015, 08:25:42 am »

I wish there was a video game that looked like the art in this video. With the abundance of post-processing effects, talented CG artists and powerful gaming hardware out there, there's no reason that there can't be a game that looks like a badass power metal album cover. The closest that I've seen is Dragon Ball Z: Xenoverse; screenshots of that game look like stills from a 3D DBZ movie.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #5900 on: September 17, 2015, 12:15:39 pm »

I want a PC game where the files that make up the game itself are part of the game. Rather than the game consisting of a single executable within which the whole game runs, the user's OS environment is where the game takes place.

It would be all about fake hollywood-style hacking, and the game files would contain multiple executables that acted as different tools for the player to use. It could involve programming puzzles, cryptography, some detective work, etc. You could use a fake command prompt program to hack into some security records, which would output some images and text files into the actual game folder. Then you find some secret message in the output or ascertain someone's password based on a security flaw, leading to even more puzzles from there.

It could even have a story, told indirectly through images, stolen emails and memos, etc.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5901 on: September 17, 2015, 12:51:15 pm »

I want a PC game where the files that make up the game itself are part of the game. Rather than the game consisting of a single executable within which the whole game runs, the user's OS environment is where the game takes place.

It would be all about fake hollywood-style hacking, and the game files would contain multiple executables that acted as different tools for the player to use. It could involve programming puzzles, cryptography, some detective work, etc. You could use a fake command prompt program to hack into some security records, which would output some images and text files into the actual game folder. Then you find some secret message in the output or ascertain someone's password based on a security flaw, leading to even more puzzles from there.

It could even have a story, told indirectly through images, stolen emails and memos, etc.

It exists. The game's levels are generated from the directory structure of your computer.

There's also another game, a shoot-em-up where the enemies are files on your computer. Shooting any enemy actually deletes the file from your computer. I don't remember what it's called though.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5902 on: September 17, 2015, 12:54:20 pm »

AdventurOS's levels are based off the PC's filesystem IIRC. It's not quite what you're after I imagine, but it does have some "meta" features in that sense.
There's also this?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5903 on: September 17, 2015, 01:01:45 pm »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5904 on: September 18, 2015, 01:11:10 am »

A game set in an alternate history world where the first nuke detonated caused a global climate apocalypse.  Twenty years later, the world resembles that of Mad Max.  But the bandit scrapmobiles are made out of 40s cars and former WW2 military vehicles stripped down and combined to move faster and conserve fuel.

The combat is chess style turn based, aka you move one unit at a time, with a twist.  Every few turns (an odd number, so it alternates who's turn it happens on), the map moves forward and all vehicles automatically move forward as well.  Vehicles come with weight classes; the lightest vehicles can keep pace with the map's movement, while the heaviest must be actively moved forward or they'll start losing ground.  Obstacles can come from offscreen, meaning vehicles will have to be moved out of the way or crash.  Heavier vehicles have generally better stats, and can also ram lighter vehicles to force them to crash or move off the map.  But if the overall weight of your deployed vehicles is too high, then you'll find your vehicles slowly losing ground, representing them getting outrun.  Any vehicle that gets forced off any of the sides including the back is permanently lost.

Vehicles are deployed out of a hand of "cards" drawn out of a semi-random, finite deck.  Each consists of a chassis and then an upgrade, usually a weapon but possibly something like extra armor.  If a vehicle gets wrecked, anyone (starting from when the destroyer's turn comes up again) can move a vehicle on top of the wreck to salvage it, adding its upgrade to their own.  In this way vehicles can be made that are much more powerful than their base chassis, or have upgrades that chassis couldn't start with.

There's more to the idea (I'm idly considering starting to make it) but that's the gist.  You have WW2 era banditmobiles, you can scrap wrecks, heavier vehicles are harder to directly destroy but slow you down so there's a practical limit on how many you can deploy at once.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5905 on: September 18, 2015, 05:44:55 am »

EnigmaticHat, that idea sounds great. You could even make it as a boardgame. The cars would be placed on a grid, the columns of the grid would be loose, so at the end of each round you'd remove the back column and put on a front column which would have new obstacles on it.

Spoiler: Something like this (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 06:19:02 am by notquitethere »

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5906 on: September 18, 2015, 09:26:35 am »

turn-based warfare is the bane of my existence (in most cases), I wish for a game as described by EnigmaticHat, but in it's full, glorious real-time detail!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5907 on: September 18, 2015, 10:37:51 am »

You mean like Convoy, the game that came out a few months ago ?

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #5908 on: September 18, 2015, 11:33:11 am »

I'd like a turn based game (other than civilization) where every player makes a move at the same time.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5909 on: September 18, 2015, 11:41:27 am »

I think Dominions might work like that.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 392 393 [394] 395 396 ... 577