Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435 436 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926788 times)

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #6495 on: January 12, 2016, 12:16:02 am »

Woops, double post.

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6496 on: January 12, 2016, 11:00:21 am »

I'd like a game where you can construct your own land/sea/air/space vehicles, where resource management and other things matter. Think Robocraft, but crossed with Warthunder I guess.

Also in space. Because who doesn't like blowing up poorly places ammo racks(stealth edit) in space?
Aurora... ?  I don't know anything about Robocraft or Warthunder though.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6497 on: January 12, 2016, 11:02:25 am »

I'd like a game where you can construct your own land/sea/air/space vehicles, where resource management and other things matter. Think Robocraft, but crossed with Warthunder I guess.

Also in space. Because who doesn't like blowing up poorly places ammo racks(stealth edit) in space?

Well... From the Depths is exactly that

But I suggest watching some videos first.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #6498 on: January 12, 2016, 02:37:26 pm »

Nah, Aurora is way different.

Well... From the Depths is exactly that
But I suggest watching some videos first.
Yea, but as I said before, the physics in From the Depths prevents a lot of designs, just because they simply don't work. I'd prefer a simpler game, with some realistic aspects (i.e Warthunder and it's ballistics), but while keeping the overall game simple. (Warthunder still feeling gamey, rather than playing like Steel Beasts)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 02:39:52 pm by Drago55577 »

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6499 on: January 12, 2016, 03:07:18 pm »

Jagged Alliance-esque survival simulator. With heavy elements on gathering and managing your team.

Concept from which this generic description arised was effective LOST: The Strategy. Having people with diverse personalities stranded on an island populated by various stuff, you have to assign them to task, manage teams, defend camp.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6500 on: January 12, 2016, 04:30:30 pm »

I haven't been keeping track of it, but Planet Explorers might end up being somewhat similar to that. It might at least give you a bit of a reference to the natives before setting off on an extended expedition into the wilds of The Internet...

Now I want an internet exploration game... It could be used to teach small children to improve their search-fu, and teach sailors about colourful language, and soldiers in impoverished countries about adult themes...
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 04:32:56 pm by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #6501 on: January 12, 2016, 04:32:50 pm »

I haven't been keeping track of it, but Planet Explorers might end up being somewhat similar to that. It might at least give you a bit of a reference to the natives before setting off on an extended expedition into the wilds of The Internet...

Now I want an internet exploration game...
But that game would be rated XXX so most stores wouldn't sell it :P
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6502 on: January 13, 2016, 01:08:20 am »

This probably was already mentioned, but a single-player version of Shores of Hazeron with less terrible graphics.

I've always wanted a game with the full action/rpg and with a decent empire building / city building / resource gathering side, with interesting citizens doing interesting stuff meanwhile, or in the background.
Especially if it's in space. So you could build your stuff, manage ships or simply go out adventuring. Then come back and hang your new exotic alien heads on the walls and artifacts for the researchers to tinker.

I expected Spore to be something like this, but nope. Northstar was a old project by Kerberos (Sword of the Stars devs) that seemed to aim at that, but that one is buried. I expected Fallout 4 to be a bit close to this with the settlements, but I guess I expected too much.
Planet Explorers is definitely trying to go there, but they are having so much trouble with other stuff in development I just bet any sort of advanced interaction with settlers (outside story missions) won't make it.
There's a rather crappy game called Hinterlands that does something like that, but is really limited and 'procedurally match-based'.
There's also Kenshi and Starsector, but I first found these games like 7 years ago. I'm not really looking forward to them now.

Maybe what I'm aiming for is too complex when it comes to AI (would need rather smart NPCs to keep it interesting as a singleplayer game), so I guess a mix of EVE with Hazeron with more PVE and less reasons for people to annihilate each other.
Still..would want to see a single-player version of that. Couldn't be more niche.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 01:10:05 am by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #6503 on: January 13, 2016, 01:54:58 am »

Well, in Shores of Hazeron there wasn't much of a reason to go to war with anyone. Barring some circumstances where a Player was surrounded by others, most folks could freely expand as much as they wanted and have as much resources as they needed. They went to war, because it was fun.

So I'm not really sure how you can reduce that. I suppose you could penalize them for doing so.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6504 on: January 13, 2016, 11:25:45 am »

Well, in Shores of Hazeron there wasn't much of a reason to go to war with anyone. Barring some circumstances where a Player was surrounded by others, most folks could freely expand as much as they wanted and have as much resources as they needed. They went to war, because it was fun.

So I'm not really sure how you can reduce that. I suppose you could penalize them for doing so.
Also politics. This one time when Syndicate claimed literally half of the Galaxy (which is hueg space) for themselves and people either went with it and swore fealty or wanted to fight, which, in the end, didin't work out well due to internal conflict, lack of actual players and whatnot, while Syndicate had shitstaines and all his alt accounts. :P
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6505 on: January 13, 2016, 11:30:17 am »

A better, refined, and even more modable, Space Empires V.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6506 on: January 13, 2016, 11:56:30 am »

5 was pretty amazingly modable.  It just... I don't even know. 

Coming out of 4, and the sweeping total-conversion mods like 'Proportions' and 'CBM'... and the plans we all had for even bigger mods once the scripting tools were available in 5... there were big hopes.  BIG hopes and BIG expectations.

And it all sort of fell flat. 

Taking a quick gander around some of the boards, it looks like a few things managed to be released in the many years since I've been away.  What particularly do you feel is missing from the current mod scene?

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #6507 on: January 13, 2016, 02:35:40 pm »

This probably was already mentioned, but a single-player version of Shores of Hazeron with less terrible graphics.
-snip-
Starmade is a little like that. The games are pretty different, but it does share some aspects, in my opinion.

Graphics is argueably less terrible.

Edit: I fixed completely fucking up the game name.

Rip goat, more loli

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6508 on: January 13, 2016, 02:49:19 pm »

That sounds a lot like Space Empires IV. It doesn't have the real-time combat, which is a huge drag for the a.I.(both the enemy and the player if they are automatic their combat) which really doesn't have a sense of leaving room for itself to move, but it doesn't get those ridiculous ship-towers... The hex grid is nice, but, well, it just seems to have a whole lot of theoretical improvements that don't seem to word quite right. IV overall feels like a more functional but also more primitive experience.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

BlindKitty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6509 on: January 14, 2016, 02:22:17 pm »

Space Empires

Yeah, the SE V actually felt like there was no AI in whatsoever. Also, it lags hurtfully on newer OSes for some reason (having to do with it using old, unsupported mode of graphics acceleration, somehow), and for that reason alone seems unplayable. But IV is... Well, it's what we nowadays call retro, I guess? Especially after V's hex grid, stuff like multiple levels of each and every technology (which seemed great to me, unless I met aliens who where like crippled children in Cthulu - infested mist), going back to IV seemed like a major step back (that being said, I actually vastly prefer turn-based combat to real-time one, but the active pause helps a lot; the problem is, it would be probably hard to mix it with multiplayer, which would be only way to actually find any kind of enjoyment in the game...).

Eh, I guess it's just too much work for too little reward for the author. :(
My little roguelike craft-centered game thread. Check it out.

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435 436 ... 577