Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 451 452 [453] 454 455 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926841 times)

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #6780 on: April 13, 2016, 12:34:51 pm »

That reads like a damn good concept.
Taste my Paci-Fist

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6781 on: April 13, 2016, 01:32:27 pm »

That sounds like the kind of high-concept game premise that would pull a lot of kickstarter money and end up getting watered down as all hell because the development team didn't know what they were doing. From a numbers perspective it sounds like it would boil down to keeping all these stats in their sweet spot and that doesn't sound very fun at all.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6782 on: April 13, 2016, 02:57:14 pm »

Personally (which I'm probably extremely biased as this is my idea) I want a balancing act, and intentionally chose to design the concept with that at the core. As I've said, this isn't finalized (especially the numbers) but I think that the balancing act could be done realistically and add to gameplay as long as modifying these numbers can be done in a variety of ways. For example, say the occupation lowers the rations the population is getting. Now, the population's not as happy and their livelihood has gone down. If the happiness was getting too high, this could help you as the population is less content and more likely to join. If livelihood was getting low, this could mean the citizens start dying at higher rates, but also joining at higher rates with higher rates of malnutrition. In order to respond to this, the resistance could use its funds to smuggle in extra food and either keep its agents better fed to keep them healthy for operations (not too expensive to do, but won't help citizens) or they could start distributing food to the population, increasing both livelihood and hope, increasing recruitment rate as hope has increased and keeping soldiers at higher combat efficiency.

One important note:
The main stats will not be tied to eachother proportionally. If one changes, the others do not change. Only if an event/trend that has affected multiple had occurred will multiple change, and then each will be affected individually.

Edit: As the occupation will work separate from the population, their main stats may intermingle somewhat, especially as supplies are a huge part of the occupation's presence and ability to fight you. Namely, their livelyhood is what will affect the other 2. This will  increase the effect that supplies have on the soldiers because supply shipments will be a huge part of espionage system I'm planning. It also makes the occupation more dynamic and volatile, hopefully increasing how much of a threat they are.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 03:03:11 pm by Quartz_Mace »
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6783 on: April 13, 2016, 04:02:11 pm »

Personally (which I'm probably extremely biased as this is my idea) I want a balancing act, and intentionally chose to design the concept with that at the core. As I've said, this isn't finalized (especially the numbers) but I think that the balancing act could be done realistically and add to gameplay as long as modifying these numbers can be done in a variety of ways. For example, say the occupation lowers the rations the population is getting. Now, the population's not as happy and their livelihood has gone down. If the happiness was getting too high, this could help you as the population is less content and more likely to join. If livelihood was getting low, this could mean the citizens start dying at higher rates, but also joining at higher rates with higher rates of malnutrition. In order to respond to this, the resistance could use its funds to smuggle in extra food and either keep its agents better fed to keep them healthy for operations (not too expensive to do, but won't help citizens) or they could start distributing food to the population, increasing both livelihood and hope, increasing recruitment rate as hope has increased and keeping soldiers at higher combat efficiency.

One important note:
The main stats will not be tied to eachother proportionally. If one changes, the others do not change. Only if an event/trend that has affected multiple had occurred will multiple change, and then each will be affected individually.
Yeah, as long as there are lots of ways to change things it should be perfectly playable, if you're careful. That still doesn't sound very fun to me, but I don't like King of Dragon Pass and a lot of people like King of Dragon Pass so it's definitely a taste thing (am I right in thinking this would sort of be like KoDP?).

Livelihood does seem like it should directly affect morale and happiness. Not only that, but there's a lot of overlap between these concepts of morale, happiness, and hope. Really it's entirely up to you how to define these values but it seems like you've got gameplay at the front of your mind, if you'll pardon the ridiculous expression, and that's good.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6784 on: April 13, 2016, 06:41:33 pm »

I want to play in the world of some of Eiffel 65's music videos. Yes, it's an incredibly generic sci-fi dystopia. I love games set in generic sci-fi dystopia, especially with 90's-era 3D.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6785 on: April 15, 2016, 12:46:23 am »

Open world survival RPG set in the Metro universe along the lines of the Long Dark with need for food and drink etc., but with plenty of trading and interaction with others. I cant really get through those games because the linear run and gun experience tires me out too much, but whenever I get to visit a station I get super excited. This is the best part of the world to develop. Give you options about how to survive, without letting you become some kind of Skyrim god. RPG exploration emphasis on the getting by day to day.
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #6786 on: April 16, 2016, 04:18:19 am »

Time fps where time moves exponentially slowly for you depending on some in game resource. Some enemies also accelerate, at slightly differing rates. Dodging bullets and shooting back eventually becomes impossible, so you resort to a detailed martial arts system. Unlike SuperHot, your motion speeds up with your perceptions.

The effects of high perceptual speed are modelled. Sounds doppler out, refresh rates flicker on screens, gravity fades to nothing. Conventional foes become irrelevant in time, eventually unable to even notice you....

Add braid -style Time rewinding for a fantastic kinematic special effect masterpiece.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6787 on: April 16, 2016, 07:21:44 am »

Time fps where time moves exponentially slowly for you depending on some in game resource. Some enemies also accelerate, at slightly differing rates. Dodging bullets and shooting back eventually becomes impossible, so you resort to a detailed martial arts system. Unlike SuperHot, your motion speeds up with your perceptions.

The effects of high perceptual speed are modelled. Sounds doppler out, refresh rates flicker on screens, gravity fades to nothing. Conventional foes become irrelevant in time, eventually unable to even notice you....

Add braid -style Time rewinding for a fantastic kinematic special effect masterpiece.

This sounds like it would make for awesome replays to watch, but from my understanding seems difficult to play. Either war, yes, +1.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6788 on: April 21, 2016, 04:43:18 am »

Super Hot?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #6789 on: April 21, 2016, 04:44:01 am »

Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6790 on: April 26, 2016, 06:10:52 am »

I had an idea for a specific enemy I'd like to see in a game: After you're in a dark place, you emerge and you notice that one of the character's shadows is facing the wrong way, or not totally reflecting what the character is doing. Maybe it looks like a glitch. But then, if you point it out to a party member, or stare directly at it for too long, it turns out to be a shadow creature! It emerges from the ground and there's a boss fight, right there, right now, wherever you happen to be.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6791 on: April 28, 2016, 09:19:13 pm »

From the last-two-games-you-played-mashup-whatever-the-title-is-thread:

Mario Kart 8 and Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth

Working title: Isaac Kart: ∞

Drive around a randomized race course, in four sections each repeated twice, functionally eight laps. Pick up powerups that increase your race kart's functionality and which function as weapons to fight off the other racers. As you race, you'll come across roundabouts in some spots which function as stores, letting you spend coins you pick up off the race track. Don't spend too much time in these spots or you might get passed by the other racers.

The incredibly large number of powerups you can pick up during a race and the expanse of characters and customization options at the start leads to no lineup of racers being the same, and with no course being exactly the same, but with repeated track-segments coming up often, replayability is incredibly high, and practicing is still useful despite the randomness.

Up to 16 players can join in the same race at once, using online matchup algorithms for random games or with the ability to refine courses if playing with friends. Online tournaments can be set up with more refined controls over the layout of the courses.

You can also do time trials with set course layouts to try to beat the best times of the developers and other players.

I don't think I can work the bosses into this theoretical mashup, but I'd definitely play it.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6792 on: April 28, 2016, 09:20:14 pm »

That was fast.
Are you stalking me? :P
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6793 on: April 28, 2016, 09:28:43 pm »

Yeah that was literally 5 minutes.

WTHTBF
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6794 on: April 28, 2016, 10:15:44 pm »

Bosses could be static. You can stop and fight them for loot or try to get past them without taking too much flak from them...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 451 452 [453] 454 455 ... 577