Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 458 459 [460] 461 462 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926909 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #6885 on: May 26, 2016, 08:13:03 pm »

I want a racing game with high speed, low gravity, ramps everywhere and long, curvy tracks, with deadly obstacles that require twitch reflexes. But the races are short enough that if you slip up and make a mistake, you don't have to spend five minutes at the back of the pack waiting to catch up.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6886 on: May 27, 2016, 08:56:34 am »

Avatar the Last Airbender augmented reality game. Or even just an RPG.  The setting is so awesome, it really deserves a good RPG.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6887 on: May 27, 2016, 11:11:07 am »

I want a racing game with high speed, low gravity, ramps everywhere and long, curvy tracks, with deadly obstacles that require twitch reflexes. But the races are short enough that if you slip up and make a mistake, you don't have to spend five minutes at the back of the pack waiting to catch up.
Wipeout 2096 or F-Zero.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #6888 on: May 28, 2016, 02:26:59 am »

A VR game with procedural worlds. The player character is a realmwalking mage who collects resources from the world and taps mana from the environment to make items and work magic.

Opening a portal to a new realm takes an assortment of mana and glyps which specify the sort of world you end up in. These worlds, in turn, are sources of new glyphs and new conditions of mana.

Those same glyphs and the mana reserve are used to enchant items and live-cast spells.

The theme is magi-tech, rather than straight high fantasy. Opening a gate is a magical working, built on understandable principles. You don't just cast fireball, you actually combine the glyphs into a spell using a kind of programming language and imbue it with fire mana from your personal reserve.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #6889 on: May 28, 2016, 09:07:04 am »

Opening a portal to a new realm takes an assortment of mana and glyps which specify the sort of world you end up in. These worlds, in turn, are sources of new glyphs and new conditions of mana.

Basically the Mystcraft mod for minecraft (with the addition of mana).

The theme is magi-tech, rather than straight high fantasy. Opening a gate is a magical working, built on understandable principles. You don't just cast fireball, you actually combine the glyphs into a spell using a kind of programming language and imbue it with fire mana from your personal reserve.

This is scarily similar to the system I came up with for ArcTech (a setting/set of mechanics I'm working on for basing games off of). Half way through designing it, I realised that scroll writing is essentially equivalent to writing assembly code, which is just as arcane, really.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6890 on: May 28, 2016, 10:10:40 am »

Basically the Mystcraft mod for minecraft (with the addition of mana).

This is scarily similar to the system I came up with for ArcTech (a setting/set of mechanics I'm working on for basing games off of). Half way through designing it, I realised that scroll writing is essentially equivalent to writing assembly code, which is just as arcane, really.
So mags are assembly ptogrammers? That would explain so many things.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #6891 on: May 28, 2016, 08:00:42 pm »

I want a survival game with a real, genuine focus on hunting.  Not building or resource gathering, and certainly no HUD hints or tracker vision or any such bullshit. Just you in a timeless foresty/tundra/jungle setting, with an arsenal of weapons to either choose from or forego, hunting animals for sport and profit. 

Obviously it would have to be a bit sci-fantasy, for more dangerous and unique creatures.  You'd have hunger, thirst, fatigue, and hunting animals could take days of just waiting, creeping and sneaking.  The smaller, more generic animals you'd hunt for food, pelts that can be traded in the nearby town, while the bigger animals would be pure trophy kills.  You'd also have the option to make things more challenging for yourself, hunting with just a bow, or a spear, or a knife, or the best one, just your bare hands and your wits against very strong, fast and vicious creatures. 

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6892 on: May 29, 2016, 12:19:43 am »

I am pretty sure that it is totally not what you are looking for, and it does have building and such, but Unreal World had lots of hunting...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6893 on: May 29, 2016, 12:38:32 am »

I want a survival game with a real, genuine focus on hunting.  Not building or resource gathering, and certainly no HUD hints or tracker vision or any such bullshit. Just you in a timeless foresty/tundra/jungle setting, with an arsenal of weapons to either choose from or forego, hunting animals for sport and profit. 

Obviously it would have to be a bit sci-fantasy, for more dangerous and unique creatures.  You'd have hunger, thirst, fatigue, and hunting animals could take days of just waiting, creeping and sneaking.  The smaller, more generic animals you'd hunt for food, pelts that can be traded in the nearby town, while the bigger animals would be pure trophy kills.  You'd also have the option to make things more challenging for yourself, hunting with just a bow, or a spear, or a knife, or the best one, just your bare hands and your wits against very strong, fast and vicious creatures.

I am pretty sure that it is totally not what you are looking for, and it does have building and such, but Unreal World had lots of hunting...

Yeah, Unreal World is kinda similar to what you're asking for. While it isn't purely hunting, that's one of the biggest ways you survive. You don't have to actually do any building, but you're better off building a little homestead somewhere rather than just wandering the Finnish forests.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #6894 on: May 29, 2016, 12:48:46 am »

I was thinking more of an super-realistic first person Cabela's Big Game Hunter with an open world and survival elements.  Just with none of the extraneous gameplay features and overly-predictable animals.  Not to mention more numerous and dangerous animals and locales.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6895 on: May 29, 2016, 08:28:56 am »

The last few Far Cry games had some of that, without the survival elements. Again, probably not what you're looking for.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6896 on: May 29, 2016, 05:19:33 pm »

I don't really think that Unreal World would work as an F.P.S. because of all the time-acceleration...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Dwarvinator

• Bay Watcher
  • ...grumbles only mildly at inclement weather...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6897 on: May 31, 2016, 09:21:19 pm »

I fondly remember a plugin for Flight Simulator X which added a simulated passenger cargo to the mix. Pretty sure it was called PassengersX:
   'Your passengers were terrified by your Death Dive which reached 5.8 G and speeds of up to 780 mph.
   Your passengers are currently terrified.'
Accompanied by blood-curdling screams and howls in the background. I almost went out and bought the whole virtual cockpit malarky after experiencing that. Anyway, I digress.
What I would like to see would be a fully functioning simulated passenger cargo. A procedurally generated crew and passengers, happening in it's own, stretchy window. A combination of DF, the Sims and B-17, the ww2 bomber simulator.
Could lead to interesting scenarios mid-flight, such as  a medical emergency requiring a divert. Or incidents of Air Rage which must be met with the decision to restrain, tranquilise - or just let their fellow passengers/cargo of a platoon of soldiers duff them up, depending on the airline. Looking at you, Aeroflot.
It'd also be nice if one could have an almost meaningful relationship with ATC, over a mic:
   '...I repeat, WZ203, you must change heading and altitude to X immediately!'
   'Control, your signal is breaking up. Request immediate emergency landing. Mayday, mayday.'
Crackly sound of screams and howls coming from ATC.
Reckon it could be immense, and I might once more be tempted to fork out for a computer that doesn't blue-screen because I've just executed a perfect landing of a jumbo jet. Also, a control yoke with pedals. At the very least. Probably a special hat, too.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6898 on: June 01, 2016, 06:41:31 pm »

I would like an "avian flight simulator" One with realistic aerodynamics of bird wings and easy-to-control presets for casual people, with different wing types to teach different flight styles of birds, and the ability to make a custom bird with custom controls to see if you can get your abomination to fly properly. Perhaps add some predator-prey simulation to see if your custom bird could hold it's own in the world.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #6899 on: June 01, 2016, 09:19:59 pm »

Probably a special hat, too.

A little imagination is OK here, but don't get ridiculous.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 ... 458 459 [460] 461 462 ... 577