Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 478 479 [480] 481 482 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929146 times)

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #7185 on: September 22, 2016, 04:58:34 pm »

A Dynasty Warriors style Warhammer 40k game made large, I'm talking the size of a whole continent with 2 sides in a massive war with AI that can actually carry the war without you (mostly). You play as a common Commissar and your only task is to ensure the Imperium wins. In many ways, it would also be like any of the massive overworld sandbox games in that you can call in reinforcements or vehicles and get around faster with air travel. Naturally, you don't just commander these vehicles by throwing out the occupant, instead you just declare you are taking the vehicle in question in the name of the commissariat and make them drive or fly you places.

I accidentally put this in the sales thread, dang chrome ghostmoving me to other topics.

Hmm, War40K might be a decent setting for a Just Cause type of game. Total Anarchy.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7186 on: September 22, 2016, 05:07:43 pm »

Hmm, War40K might be a decent setting for a Just Cause type of game. Total Anarchy.

Warhammer 40k is a setting that can support any kind of game really. I can totally see a CK2 style game about keeping a planet under your families rule, I can see a somewhat decent RTS city builder style game like Settlers where you settle frontier planets only to find its infested by orks, I can even see a W40k Dating sim. Protip; praise the emperor every day to gain points with Sisters of Battle. They dig that.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7187 on: September 22, 2016, 05:40:21 pm »

Unfortunately, usually when a company gets hold of the license...
Well. The game ends up kind of sucking.

No but seriously when can I just get to play as a Guardsman or a Fire Warrior and feel as expendable as I am.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #7188 on: September 23, 2016, 12:41:01 am »

We were watching The Road Warrior last night, and it occurred to me that it could be really fun to play a post-apocalyptic Civilization style game. Model the times a bit after the collapse of society and go through the periods of Scavenging old tech, then working through wherever you level off as the old tech breaks down completely and people try to rediscover how to do everything, moving on to eventually rebuilding society and moving back up the tech tree.

There have been a few mods to games that kinda do this, but nothing I've seen has had the very concept baked into it from the start.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7189 on: September 23, 2016, 01:32:32 pm »

So you'd have a sharp regression in tech, followed by a slow decline, followed by gradually improving, possibly past your original starting point?

Say, that does sound pretty cool.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Gigalith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • O and H Books
« Reply #7190 on: September 23, 2016, 02:07:42 pm »

There's an obscure boardgame called After the Holocaust which is an economic/military simulation of factions in post-apocalyptic (nuclear holocaust) America. It was renowned for its serious number crunching, and the harshness of the economic simulation. (I've never heard of anyone saying they won by the official victory conditions) I've personally never played it, but I've wanted a modern computer game like it for a long time. Have zombies or something.
Check out my books at O and H Books

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7191 on: September 23, 2016, 02:10:08 pm »

A nonlinear tech tree in Civ in general would be cool. Civ: BE's branching tech tree was neat but wasn't really distinct from the linear version.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #7192 on: September 23, 2016, 04:07:33 pm »

Yeah, and would work really well for a post-apoc game, since depending on what tech you salvaged and what knowledge you focused on you could have a really interesting mish-mash of industrial/modern tech and ancient tech.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #7193 on: September 24, 2016, 09:25:33 am »

I don't remember if i said this, but....

Want to see a good and popular 'Code your own AI' game.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

dorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7194 on: September 24, 2016, 09:44:31 am »

Does https://empireofcode.com/ fit the bill?
You can code how an individual unit behaves as well as big-picture strategy stuff.
It plays similarly as Clash of Clans.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #7195 on: September 25, 2016, 04:54:00 am »

A space pirate game, but not one where you have the option of being a privateer or trader or anything like that.  You don't raid ships and colonies for money, you raid em for supplies PERIOD.  I'm thinking something like the Reavers from firefly; a ship crewed by savage monsters with utterly predator aims and base instincts, who are still capable of operating machinery and navigating in space, however crude.

This endless sandbox game would be a nonstop journey of trying to find food ( pre-prepared goods, animals from colonies, people ), fuel, repairs, weapons.  There is no diplomacy or trade or safe havens where you can recoup and rest up, so your ship and crew are basically rusting and breaking down from all the travel and confrontations. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #7196 on: September 25, 2016, 02:16:03 pm »

An RTS or other massive war sim, but Braid-like. Make it so that there's no way you could possibly win the battles, but you can keep going back and retrying,tweaking things until you win anyway.

It might have to be more of an espionage game ... I've got it!

A UN investigative team from 2060 discovers a ruined alien time machine / teleportal complex on Mars. A betrayal and backstabbing results in a small group of ideologues sending themselves back to [Select an interesting date], where they can use their future knowledge to control the world. However, the PCs' friends are still in control of the complex, which insulates itself from changes in the timeline. Nonetheless, the forces of the now planet-dominating rogues are poised to secure the teleportal complex, and it is all they can do to send the PC and a few chosen allies back in time to overcome the rogues.

However, upon arrival, it seems that the rogues arrived a few years earlier, giving them a massive lead in materials. Your only advantage is that you still have access to communicate with the machinery of the teleportal complex.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7197 on: September 25, 2016, 05:37:08 pm »

There is that one time travel RTS that I forgot the name of.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7198 on: September 25, 2016, 05:54:46 pm »

Achron?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7199 on: September 25, 2016, 06:54:23 pm »

Achron?
I expect so. Or you could just take any game that has an obscenely difficult setting and promptly savescum relentlessly.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 478 479 [480] 481 482 ... 577