Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 511 512 [513] 514 515 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929531 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #7680 on: November 13, 2017, 04:11:45 am »

I think the real question here is "how long would it take modern people to figure out how to convert thermodynamics-defying D&D magic into infinite electrical power."
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7681 on: November 13, 2017, 07:00:18 am »

I think that would be the reasoning behind capturing him. Admittedly he would probably just make a deal with them. After casting contingency of course.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #7682 on: November 14, 2017, 02:12:22 pm »

Okay bear with me on this one.

A real-time strategy / puzzle game where you have a horde of peons to do your bidding, but none of them are working of their own free will. You start with a set of resources that you can use as leverage (e.g. access to the only food supply, a monopoly on violence, the means of minting currency, or hostages of some kind) and you need to set up insane webs of convoluted incentive structures to get them to act in the way you want. The trick is to set up a Prisoner's Dilemma scenario, where it is in the best interest of your peons to continue doing what you want them to do, rather than cooperating to topple your control.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7683 on: November 14, 2017, 02:16:23 pm »

A real-time strategy / puzzle game where you have a horde of peons to do your bidding, but none of them are working of their own free will. You start with a set of resources that you can use as leverage (e.g. access to the only food supply, a monopoly on violence, the means of minting currency, or hostages of some kind) and you need to set up insane webs of convoluted incentive structures to get them to act in the way you want. The trick is to set up a Prisoner's Dilemma scenario, where it is in the best interest of your peons to continue doing what you want them to do, rather than cooperating to topple your control.

This game is called "parenting". I recommend against a horde, it's way easier to micromanage individual units.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #7684 on: November 14, 2017, 02:19:31 pm »

This game is called "parenting". I recommend against a horde, it's way easier to micromanage individual units.

Well if we're back on the topic of pricing models, I'd rather have a version without so many microtransactions.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7685 on: November 14, 2017, 06:31:45 pm »

Majesty is sort of adjacent to the premise you're talking about, in terms of gameplay at least. In Majesty you hire NPCs but you can't give them direct orders, instead you have to influence them by placing bounties on enemies, structures, and locations to get them to kill what and go where you want them to. Of course missing the whole prisoner dilemma thing and the complexity, since Majesty is a vanilla fantasy (you good guy, they bad guy, you stop bad guy! except in a charming way) RTS that's very simple to play.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7686 on: November 14, 2017, 07:31:12 pm »

I've had a daydream recently about a game that is basically the archetypical fantasy setup: A man comes across an old sacred blade, pulling it from its resting place and unleashing an ancient great evil. The way it'd be set up, would be that this is simply the 'convenience plot' right before a fantasy-style hack and slash would start... but your character isn't a fighter, and the game isn't a hack n' slash, nor even an action game at all. In fact, you don't even know what the 'ancient evil' is, besides the fact that you know that it exists out there... somewhere. The game is a dialogue-driven mystery, where the world is now slowly going to shit and you have to figure out why, how, and the means to stop it.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #7687 on: November 27, 2017, 06:09:23 am »

May I quote that?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7688 on: November 27, 2017, 04:03:12 pm »

May I quote that?

Absolutely.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #7689 on: November 30, 2017, 02:28:30 pm »

Okay check it so like

A board game that comes with a rule book, and the rules describe a pretty standard Monopoly-like ruleset. It's very simple, not much interaction beyond rolling dice and competing with the other players over resources. But when you open the booklet to look at the rules, a smaller, red booklet falls out of it. These are the revolutionary rules, comrade. The rules described in this booklet tell the players how to work together to overthrow the current system (the standard ruleset). In order to survive, the players must work within the regular ruleset. But in order to reach the final goal, they must find a way to circumvent the rules and abolish their dependency on the system. Seize the means of production
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7690 on: November 30, 2017, 03:10:17 pm »

Heat Signature VR.

It would be difficult.

It might not transfer well.

But it would still be awesome.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7691 on: November 30, 2017, 03:59:59 pm »

So, basically Superhot VR IN SPACE?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7692 on: November 30, 2017, 04:21:20 pm »

I'd rather see what Dwarf Fortress VR would look like.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7693 on: November 30, 2017, 07:04:32 pm »

So, basically Superhot VR IN SPACE?
In space with space ships and teleporters.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7694 on: November 30, 2017, 08:31:39 pm »

A space simulation ala Universe Sandbox 2 but 2D and with planets composed of individual particles that allows for formation simulations. Life too!
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.
Pages: 1 ... 511 512 [513] 514 515 ... 577