Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1407882 times)

Captain Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r2
« Reply #2550 on: November 15, 2012, 03:17:16 pm »

Hey I'm trying to learn how to use the job and job-* commands but I'm having difficulty. The reason I wanted to is because a dwarf is screaming about silk (fey mood) and I don't have any and neither do the elves at the depot. I'm trying to change the job to use any cloth... is this possible? Am I going about it wrong? job list displays this...

Code: [Select]
Job 20925: StrangeMoodWeaver (special)
  Input Item 1: cloth; quantity=20000; min_dimension=10000
    flags2: silk
  Input Item 2: bar
    material: rock
  Input Item 3: none
    flags2: bone body_part

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2551 on: November 15, 2012, 03:45:19 pm »

The job command cannot modify the flags for job items - what you want to do is use the changeitem command to change some plant cloth into silk.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Captain Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: November 15, 2012, 04:47:25 pm »

I'm having a little trouble figuring the right syntax on this, I'm guessing I want to do m instead of s but... what is the raw for silk? I've never done anything with raws and it's somewhat daunting. The only thing I can find is the silk template from material_template_default. No matter what I try with
changeitem m "raws here" info I get no such material errors. I tried changing it to pig tail just to practice with
changeitem m PLANT:GRASS_TAIL_PIG:THREAD and it says that the subtypes don't match... I'm lost, help!

I just want to change something, anything, into a silk cloth so Urist McPicky will shut up.

EDIT: never mind, I think I got it. CREATURE:SPIDER_CAVE_GIANT:SILK force worked. now I'm changing that copper bar to silver... stupid dorf.

EDIT 2: *Mireddance* This is a giant cave spider silk short skirt.  :o All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with giant cave spider silk and wolverine bone and encircled with bands of silver. It is made from giant cave spider silk cloth. The object menaces with spikes of giant cave spider silk.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 05:07:01 pm by Captain Man »

Bo-Rufus CMVII

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
feature request(s) {Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r2}
« Reply #2553 on: November 17, 2012, 02:08:21 pm »

If you have time to consider feature requests, it would be nice to have some "change all" commands that generalize changelayer and changevein, e.g. to change all orthoclase to something easier on the eye, or all of some crummy ore to something useful.

And while we're on the topic...

1) Do you have an official mechanism for submitting suggestions / feature requests?

2) Is the feature suggested above something that an experienced programmer could do pretty easily by modifying your code for changelayer/changevein, or would it require a steep learning curve on DF internals?

Thanks.

EngineerFromHell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: November 18, 2012, 04:19:44 am »

Is there/will there be a plugin that allows change of tile flags (e.g. "occupied", "inside", "underground")?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: November 18, 2012, 04:20:37 am »

tilestypes edit: tiletype can set and alter the types of tiles. just it's under the special brush settings.

here's the original jump command,
function tools.JUMP(unit)
--if unit==nil then
-- unit=getAdv()
--end
--if vic==nil then
--vic=getVecAtPos(x,y,z)
--end
--Cart=unit.riding_item_id

printall(df.global.world.vehicles.active)
--S=0+getline()
printall(df.global.world.vehicles.active[0])
--df.global.world.vehicles.active[0].speed_y=(-900000)
df.global.world.vehicles.active[0].offset_z=(100000)
--df.global.world.vehicles.active[0].speed_z=(-90000000)
end
tools.menu:add("FLIGHT",JUMP)
and here's the new jump
note the new jump will lift all vehicles so it doesn't matter if you aren't in the right cart.
function tools.JUMPALL()
print("Jumped")
for k,v in pairs(df.global.world.vehicles.active) do

--printall(df.global.world.vehicles.active)
--S=0+getline()
--printall(df.global.world.vehicles.active[0])
--df.global.world.vehicles.active[0].speed_y=(-900000)
v.offset_z=(100000)
--df.global.world.vehicles.active[0].speed_z=(-90000000)
end
end
tools.menu:add("FLIGHT2",JUMPALL)
here the code for keybinding it
keybinding set Shift-J "dfuse tools.JUMPALL(unit)now you can make 1 z level ramps/walls eat your dust as you jump over them. great for parlor tricks and jumping huge gaps... not so great when there no sky tiles for you to jump up.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 09:47:14 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

EngineerFromHell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: November 18, 2012, 10:20:37 am »

tilestypes edit: tiletype can set and alter the types of tiles. just it's under the special brush settings.

There's no option to change occupancy flag under special brush settings.

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: November 18, 2012, 03:10:24 pm »

digtype: designates every tile of the same type of vein on the map for 'digging' (any dig designation).
jawfloor
this is going to save so much trouble- instead "dig that vein and that vein and that vein" we can just say "dig all gold and iron ores and coal"? too good to be true

Crux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: November 21, 2012, 05:07:44 am »

The downside of digtype is that it also digs out stuff on z-levels where rooms have already been designated.
Did I overlook an option to make it dig only on the current z-level?
If not, it would be nice to have such an option or an option to designate all ore on the current z-level.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: November 21, 2012, 09:55:18 am »

The downside of digtype is that it also digs out stuff on z-levels where rooms have already been designated.
Did I overlook an option to make it dig only on the current z-level?
If not, it would be nice to have such an option or an option to designate all ore on the current z-level.

I was also going to say that there are some places you want to reserve for rooms. Might it be possible to designate a cube where any veins of a specific type would be dug out?
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: November 21, 2012, 07:28:51 pm »

One option would be to only designate hidden tiles, not visible ones, that way it'll always skip existing rooms.

Syreniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: November 24, 2012, 06:44:43 am »

I'm trying to use digfort right now, and it's throwing out this error at me:

Invoking: digfort tower_stairs.csv
E: NoMethodError: undefined method `shape_basic' for nil:NilClass
 ./hack/scripts/digfort.rb:22
 ./hack/scripts/digfort.rb:20:in `each'
 ./hack/scripts/digfort.rb:20
 ./hack/scripts/digfort.rb:18:in `each'
 ./hack/scripts/digfort.rb:18
 (eval):23:in `load'
 (eval):23

How can I fix this?

Justyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: November 24, 2012, 11:43:16 pm »

Forgive me if this has been brought up before, but I don't know what to search for, and the thread is over 100 pages.

I tried embarking on a fort of my home civilization (Embark Anywhere utility), and found the guards there were initially hostile, so I used DFhack to convert them and the present Lady, who was listed as friendly I should note, with the "tweak makeown" command, and rather than being full members, were listed as "tame" despite being on the citizens page.

Is there any way to make them full members so I can have a decent military right off the bat?

EDIT: I think I figured out the problem: I'm using the Masterwork mod, and I think I embarked on a Chaos Dwarf fort.

EDIT par deux: I tried doing this in a new site making sure it was the same civ as the dwarves I was embarking with, and while they seem to be full citizens, but I can't put these new citizens into military squads, nor can I give them noble positions.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 11:54:37 pm by Justyn »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: November 25, 2012, 02:34:30 pm »

Forgive me if this has been brought up before, but I don't know what to search for, and the thread is over 100 pages.

I tried embarking on a fort of my home civilization (Embark Anywhere utility), and found the guards there were initially hostile, so I used DFhack to convert them and the present Lady, who was listed as friendly I should note, with the "tweak makeown" command, and rather than being full members, were listed as "tame" despite being on the citizens page.

Is there any way to make them full members so I can have a decent military right off the bat?

EDIT: I think I figured out the problem: I'm using the Masterwork mod, and I think I embarked on a Chaos Dwarf fort.

EDIT par deux: I tried doing this in a new site making sure it was the same civ as the dwarves I was embarking with, and while they seem to be full citizens, but I can't put these new citizens into military squads, nor can I give them noble positions.
oh that's normal I guess you need to find the noble list and manually insert them
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: November 25, 2012, 07:48:02 pm »

There any chance in hell this will run on OSX 10.5.8?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 373