Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 803709 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)
« Reply #3015 on: August 10, 2012, 05:50:23 pm »

(unless Eric wants to, don't know since he placed the world here. confused I am.)

Hellnope!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: August 10, 2012, 06:27:00 pm »

Yay you continued the joke that I thought nobody noticed.

Yes, but I actually typed it like that before I noticed my mistake.

(unless Eric wants to, don't know since he placed the world here. confused I am.)

Hellnope!
Looks like that is cleared out. So we only need a name.

Also: Dropbox says the new archive version should be up in about 12 minutes.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: August 10, 2012, 07:40:54 pm »

Hellportal!
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: August 10, 2012, 09:03:11 pm »

While I remember, TAD isn't a god in disguise.  He is just always there.  Wherever you go, a sneaky dwarf is planning to do....something in your fortress via an overly-complex scheme and multiple elaborate disguises

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: August 10, 2012, 11:13:04 pm »

While I remember, TAD isn't a god in disguise.  He is just always there.  Wherever you go, a sneaky dwarf is planning to do....something in your fortress via an overly-complex scheme and multiple elaborate disguises

He is a dwarf disguised as a god.

DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: August 10, 2012, 11:16:39 pm »

"Fail" is important to me, as I feel it's been definitive in this series.  I like the idea of a 3+ part name.

I'm still in favor of "Hellboat the Failure of Cannons"
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: August 11, 2012, 12:01:13 am »

"Fail" is important to me, as I feel it's been definitive in this series.  I like the idea of a 3+ part name.

I'm still in favor of "Hellboat the Failure of Cannons"

Boatfailed the Oars Cannons of Hell

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: August 11, 2012, 12:50:41 am »

You could explain the alternate world as being a flipside of the Foul One's other world.
Aluonra being the good side and Xemorid being the bad side.

After the Foul One collected enough energy to remake the world as it saw fit.
The Foul One corrupts worlds all over, but it using the unusual amount of negative
energy from Aluonra to fuel its corruption in all worlds. So it remakes Aluonra once again,
but this time creates a dual plane.

Think like the yin-yang. One world is light with a seed of darkness and the other is a world of darkness
with a seed of light. Aluonra is the world of light being corrupted by darkness that the Foul One set up to harvest
more energy, but Xemorid is the result of the left over negative energy forcing itself to form a mirror of the light.

The Foul One took residence in Xemorid and destroyed the seed of light turning Xemorid corrupt Xemorid with no chance of redemption.
Now the world of Aluonra is all that matters. The Foul One began to corrupt it as well. From this are born the messengers of the corruption.

Gods have been given the power to teach mortals to break the laws of life and death more easily than before. Chaos is now in reign.

Now, the final hope of this world will take its stand. Dwarves and their never ending thirst for riches and life have established the first new battleground.

They have built a fort. Much like its three brethren before, it acts as a lighthouse attracting the souls scared with the dark to its brightness. But like the forts before, this is exactly what the Foul One wants.

Dark energy comes from the crushing of hopes and dreams... and we all know how easily dwarven spirit can be broken.
The Foul One will challenge our spirit, but we must dig on!
Goblins will raid our homes, but we must dig on!
Vampires will stalk in the corridors, but we must dig on!
Some of us will break, but we must dig on!

Our picks are the picks that shall shatter the very stone upon which we stand! Toward fortune, toward glory, and most of all toward adventure.

As long as we have the spirit to dig, we have all we need to continue to defy the Foul One.
So friends, family, and loyal war hippos I say... WE MUST DIG ON! STRIKE THE EARTH!

---
Um... I meant that to be brief, but I really got into it. I have trouble controlling my thoughts at night.

I mostly thought the idea that the Foul One created the new Aluonra as a generator and the flipside
Xemorid as a place for the corruption take permanent hold. Now the world beyond that veil is untouchable.
The game is being played in Aluonra and the happenings of Xemorid don't matter much.

On the name thing, I think "Fail" should still have some part in the name.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: August 11, 2012, 12:53:09 am »

So Aluonra is yin, and Xemorid is yang...

Does that not infer the existence of an inherently barren world representing wuji?

I vote Battlefailed 4 on a very barren world where people barely survive, if we're going with the yin/yang idea.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: August 11, 2012, 01:05:41 am »

So Aluonra is yin, and Xemorid is yang...

Does that not infer the existence of an inherently barren world representing wuji?

I vote Battlefailed 4 on a very barren world where people barely survive, if we're going with the yin/yang idea.
I only used the yin-yang as an easy visualization of what I was talking about.
Though oddly there is a place that does fit the criteria of wuji.

I think that would be what is left of the realm of the afterlife.
Ever since Battlefailed, the afterlife has been stymied of souls.
They have been drawn into the souls of the forts and ultimately shat out to remake the world.
Pretty much no souls have been freely able to pass on. Which is why they are easily return as ghosts.

Now the realm of the hereafter is barren and devoid of the pleasures it should contain.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 01:07:36 am by EmeraldWind »
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: August 11, 2012, 02:33:13 am »

HellFailed, the Tomb of Innocents.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: August 11, 2012, 06:48:57 am »

DoubleHell the Caverns of Fail.
It's going to be an all-cavern fortress. ERRYTHING SETTLED IN THE CAVERNS.

That earlier site suggestion also made me wonder if the spot is an island embark. Wouldn't that leave only the undead, megabeasties and titans as our opponents since none of the other entities could reach us but dorfs?

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: August 11, 2012, 07:07:02 am »

Eh, I don't know about the yin-yang idea. AFAIK, the Foul One is only interested in consuming and unmaking worlds, not creating new ones. It is the pure essence of nothingness, the antithesis of all that is real, it may not even be sentient as we know it. I think that it is physically (insofar as such an adjective can be applied to it) incapable of making anything.

That earlier site suggestion also made me wonder if the spot is an island embark. Wouldn't that leave only the undead, megabeasties and titans as our opponents since none of the other entities could reach us but dorfs?

No, I'm pretty sure we dismissed the Australia of the Gods as a possible embark site a long time ago precisely because of that. The other site I found is on the mainland, a swampy peninsula jutting out into what used to be the Blueness of Malodors way back in Battlefailed's day, and it's quite close to at least three goblin fortresses to boot.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: August 11, 2012, 07:38:53 am »

No, I'm pretty sure we dismissed the Australia of the Gods as a possible embark site a long time ago precisely because of that. The other site I found is on the mainland, a swampy peninsula jutting out into what used to be the Blueness of Malodors way back in Battlefailed's day, and it's quite close to at least three goblin fortresses to boot.
The australia island is also mostly good biomes, with some evil in the middle.

For the name, I propose Failfortress the Madness(or Greed, couldn't decide) of Gore. Or just Failfortress.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: August 11, 2012, 09:28:04 am »

How about Failfailed?
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 208